Are Oromos mostly muslim?

It's true some so-called Muslim Oromos are pathetic and do many pagan rituals like the Irreecha bs + in the centre of the Oromo flag, there is the Tree the Oromos used to worship. In short, the Oromo identity is built on pagan beliefs.

We never worshiped a tree. The Odaa tree is a place we’re Oromos would get together and discuss anything from religious to political matters. It’s a place of assembly.

This is we’re the Abba Gada would sit and make rules etc.

It's true some so-called Muslim Oromos are pathetic and do many pagan rituals like the Irreecha bs + in the centre of the Oromo flag, there is the Tree the Oromos used to worship. In short, the Oromo identity is built on pagan beliefs.

Some, as in, a small percentage, not even amounting to 8 percent, or even 10 percent, of the more than 40 million Muslims. It's like me saying so called somali muslims are bad or this, or that, because they join and support al shabab, or because they shed the blood of muslims over clans, or because some are gangsters and drug dealers in the west and don't pray at all, AND I can go on and on,

Bapo

AJ
Some, as in, a small percentage, not even amounting to 8 percent, or even 10 percent, of the more than 40 million Muslims. It's like me saying so called somali muslims are bad or this, or that, because they join and support al shabab, or because they shed the blood of muslims over clans, or because some are gangsters and drug dealers in the west and don't pray at all, AND I can go on and on,
Mashallah

Please, go on and on. You seem to hold a lot of baggage.

Unlike AfranQallo, you carry this feminine passive-aggressive use of this forum where you only make threads trying to pose bad-motive insincere takes on Somali culture/tradition, identity, and whatnot. I suggest you change your ways, learn to be respectful, not test people's patience, and insult our intelligence, thinking we don't recognize your strange energy. Reception of your lack of goodwill is not lost on people here.

Go on and respond with your typical cringe "my fellow shiny big forehead cousin :)" after each sentence, like a teenager being self-deprecatingly familiar, thinking it pacifies people to your heavily implied fixations.

Unlike AfranQallo, you carry this feminine passive-aggressive use of this forum where you only make threads trying to pose bad-motive insincere takes on Somali culture/tradition, identity, and whatnot. I suggest you change your ways, learn to be respectful, not test people's patience, and insult our intelligence, thinking we don't recognize your strange energy. Reception of your lack of goodwill is not lost on people here.

Go on and respond with your typical cringe "my fellow shiny big forehead cousin :)" after each sentence, like a teenager being self-deprecatingly familiar, thinking it pacifies people to your heavily implied fixations.

Translation of what you said: I do not like when people generalize my people, but it's okay if some of my people generalize others. So, when someone points out the wrong ways of one of my clansmen, or ethnic group member, without necessarily generalizing my people, I get angered and go on a tirade, as opposed to admitting that no one should generalize any group.

Does muslim and christian oromos get along?

The only place they really interact is in large cities or areas where the have both groups. In the east it’s only Islam so they don’t have direct contact. The west and central mainly Christian but pockets of Muslims. And in the North(Wallo) they’re mainly only Muslims surrounded by Muslim(assimilated) and Christian Amharas.

There is no beef between religions or clans for the most part. Our difference is our regions. Regional differences with slight diff cultural practices, dialects etc.

Translation of what you said: I do not like when people generalize my people, but it's okay if some of my people generalize others. So, when someone points out the wrong ways of one of my clansmen, or ethnic group member, without necessarily generalizing my people, I get angered and go on a tirade, as opposed to admitting that no one should generalize any group.
I was commenting on your overall use of this forum, not this argument you have with Hamzza - my callout was timely. But nice, trying to deflect by straw-manning my comment you know full and well that is not what I was even writing about. Your disingenuous nature shines through here.

We both know you're full of shit. You can either take my advice and take the criticism like a mature person or be childish as usual. I have low expectations but it's up to you. Now, if you proceed with reverting to strawman and deflect, or act oblivious to the fact, we'll know you want to stick to your lowlife ways and we'll let that stand by itself. Simple as that.

I was commenting on your overall use of this forum, not this argument you have with Hamzza - my callout was timely. But nice, trying to deflect by straw-manning my comment you know full and well that is not what I was even writing about. Your disingenuous nature shines through here.

We both know you're full of shit. You can either take my advice and take the criticism like a mature person or be childish as usual. I have low expectations but it's up to you. Now, if you proceed with reverting to strawman and deflect, or act oblivious to the fact, we'll know you want to stick to your lowlife ways and we'll let that stand by itself. Simple as that.

I put forth examples and parables, to display to others, that they should not treat us Oromo's in a fashion/way that they wouldn't like their own people to be treated; it's really quite simple. Any other interpretation of it, is false and wrong.

I do not care what you think of me, your opinion is worthless to me, because the very way you are trying to ''advise me'' isn't conducive to one receiving it with an open mind/heart, nor is it sincere; it's simply your way of trying to silence an opposing view/along with other obvious ulterior motives, such as, insulting, defending your clansman when he obviously wrongly generalized Oromo's, etc.

Hamzza

VIP
I know some small percentage of Oromos are still Pagans and worship Waaq but the ones I was talking about here are Muslim Oromos who don't disassociate themselves from the Pagan rituals like Irreecha, here is the spiritual leader of the Oromos celebrating Irreecha like its another Eid.
FB_IMG_16703865584255795.jpg

Do Oromo Sheikhs condemn these actions done by Muslim Oromos? Or is it the only thing that unites the Oromo nation?

You touched On the issue of religious disagreements and Muslim blood being shed by other Muslims in Somalia, I say it's entirely normal in professedly Muslim societies for a party to emerge and call for other Muslims to return to what they deem as the correct ways of Islamic orthodoxy, there are many examples of this in the Muslim world.

Hamzza

VIP
Do Oromo Sheikhs condemn these actions done by Muslim Oromos?
@Abba Sadacha just last week a Somali female mp tried to pass a bill contradicting our religion in the parliament, the Somali ulema all over the world denounced her and the satanic bill was rejected. That's how woke the Somali ulema is.
FB_IMG_16703917048210978.jpg

Hamzza

VIP
We never worshiped a tree. The Odaa tree is a place we’re Oromos would get together and discuss anything from religious to political matters. It’s a place of assembly.

This is we’re the Abba Gada would sit and make rules etc.
You are right, Oromos were not worshipping the tree but the Odaa tree is still a religious symbol.

According to prominent scholars of Oromo studies:
”Oromo religion is mostly related to the ten commandments of the creator .Oromos give worship to one God. All their religious activities are carried out at places where big trees are found” Haberland German citizen researcher of culture.
“ The religious system of all Cush tribes are similar. Specially the Oromos regard sycamore tree as an abode of natural spirites. ‘Ayyaana’ is the place where spirit of God is located and heard,” Trimingham

You are right, Oromos were not worshipping the tree but the Odaa tree is still a religious symbol.

According to prominent scholars of Oromo studies:

It’s a place where they worship waaq but they are not worshiping the tree.

I am against the practices myself but I can tell you for a fact no one is or has been worshiping the Odaa tree. It’s like a temple or cultural place for Oromos. Now in days in Hararge, we still have Odaa Bultum in west Hararge where clans and elder meet, discussing clan ship issues, politics and mainly social gathering. Nothing to do with worshipping the tree.

I know some small percentage of Oromos are still Pagans and worship Waaq but the ones I was talking about here are Muslim Oromos who don't disassociate themselves from the Pagan rituals like Irreecha, here is the spiritual leader of the Oromos celebrating Irreecha like its another Eid.View attachment 245125
Do Oromo Sheikhs condemn these actions done by Muslim Oromos? Or is it the only thing that unites the Oromo nation?

You touched On the issue of religious disagreements and Muslim blood being shed by other Muslims in Somalia, I say it's entirely normal in professedly Muslim societies for a party to emerge and call for other Muslims to return to what they deem as the correct ways of Islamic orthodoxy, there are many examples of this in the Muslim world.

It is highly condemned by religious leaders. But these small pockets of people do not represent the vast majority.

Jawar is a politician, not no saint. He does what he can to please people and gain support.

Irrecha is mainly celebrated as a religious holiday by waaqeffata followers, also a lot of Christian’s part take. The Muslims who attend are those not strong on the deen and will tell you it’s Adda(cultural). They’re ignorant and blindly follow. They were not strong on the deen to begin with but who are we to judge. All we can do is try to teach and advise but it’s up to them to follow through.

I know some small percentage of Oromos are still Pagans and worship Waaq but the ones I was talking about here are Muslim Oromos who don't disassociate themselves from the Pagan rituals like Irreecha, here is the spiritual leader of the Oromos celebrating Irreecha like its another Eid.View attachment 245125

Of course we condemn any pagan practices and many regular Muslim Oromo folks online do it too; hence why we do not go there, or participate.
But, if you don't have any Oromo friends, family, co-workers even, or etc; then you won't see that or be aware.
And of course, like some here, if you already having an Anti-Oromo bias/hatred, then you're not gonna want to see that, even if it's in your face.

Most Somalis here do this lol, but yeah my fellow afran qallo obboleesa is my favorite out the two lol 🫡🫡

I'd say 50/50 with an increasing number of semi-animist Oromos converting to Pentecostalism, Abiye Ahmed etc. Apart from Arsis, AQ, Jimma assimilated Oromos etc., many Western Oromos do not have a tribal loyalty to Islam unlike Somalis. A lot are culturally Muslim, relatively poor and are ripe for evangelisation as can be seen in the following conversion.

It does not help that Oromo nationalism goes against Islam as it puts Oromo unity above Islam due to the religious heterogeneity of Oromos hence why you will see Muslim Oromos cavorting with Pentes, Orthodox Oromos when celebrating pagan Oromo cultural symbols.

Moreover, Ethiopia is a secular country politically dominated by Christianity thus there is nothing stopping American funded evangelisation and the continued growth of Pentecostalism among Oromos. Popular Oromo Pente prosperity gospel pastors are swimming in lacaag and have huge audiences who contributed financially to their religious hustle. They got a booming gospel music scene attracting more Cawaan Oromos to their flashy version of religion.

Ain't got a problem with some of their beauties being Pente as the Curly haired one ain't bad looking, wouldn't mind having her type as a concubine in the Xalal sense.
:drakekidding:

I'd say 50/50 with an increasing number of semi-animist Oromos converting to Pentecostalism, Abiye Ahmed etc. Apart from Arsis, AQ, Jimma assimilated Oromos etc., many Western Oromos do not have a tribal loyalty to Islam unlike Somalis. A lot are culturally Muslim, relatively poor and are ripe for evangelisation as can be seen in the following conversion.

It does not help that Oromo nationalism goes against Islam as it puts Oromo unity above Islam due to the religious heterogeneity of Oromos hence why you will see Muslim Oromos cavorting with Pentes, Orthodox Oromos when celebrating pagan Oromo cultural symbols.

Moreover, Ethiopia is a secular country politically dominated by Christianity thus there is nothing stopping American funded evangelisation and the continued growth of Pentecostalism among Oromos. Popular Oromo Pente prosperity gospel pastors are swimming in lacaag and have huge audiences who contributed financially to their religious hustle. They got a booming gospel music scene attracting more Cawaan Oromos to their flashy version of religion.

Ain't got a problem with some of their beauties being Pente as the Curly haired one ain't bad looking, wouldn't mind having her type as a concubine in the Xalal sense.
:drakekidding:
This rings true in real life. My half-Oromo friends' father converted to Pentecostal, originally growing up in a Muslim household in Ethiopia.

Most Somalis here do this lol, but yeah my fellow afran qallo obboleesa is my favorite out the two lol 🫡🫡
Are you an Oromo?

You're right, but it's different dispositions, so different motivations. Require other solutions. Those idiots often get checked and deliberately set themselves up for reactionary responses.

Trending

Latest posts