Are more clans becoming agricultural?

The only Agro-pastoral land in the North, the only other places that come close or even better are the Sorghum high potential Agro-pastoral Middle shabelle & the Bay/Bakool Low potential Agro-pastoral lands in the South. They’re better off due to the rivers flowing through. If we had been blessed with atleast 1 river through Borama-Gabiley-Hargeisa we’d be fit enough to feed the whole North + K5.

That's not necessarily the case. The video I posted shows how farmers can grow crops with no soil and use 90% less water.

That's not necessarily the case. The video I posted shows how farmers can grow crops with no soil and use 90% less water.
Just quickly watched & researched it.
It’s called Hydroponics, it comes at a cost. Not cheap at all plus they’re highly vulnerable to power outages, require constant monitoring and maintenance, waterborne diseases spread quickly, problems affecting growth, Installing a hydroponic system isn't cheap & most importantly require a good supply of water.

On top of that I don’t think any Somali government or organisation is willing to fund it.

Anyway this is Africa, the trick is to keep the populace poor & vulnerable so they rely on NGOs n sheit, don’t think they’ll let us become self sufficient when It comes at a cost to them😂

Trending