Are Jinns behind the advent of modern technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
@Layth

I read some hadeeth from the end of times and the weapons described as being used are bows and arrows. Do you think we would revert back to that type of technology eventually or perhaps some sort of catastrophe would occur that would set us back?

Apollo

VIP
This is the same mindset that led to burning ''witches'' in medieval Europe and halted technological progress for a thousand years.

@Layth

I read some hadeeth from the end of times and the weapons described as being used are bows and arrows. Do you think we would revert back to that type of technology eventually or perhaps some sort of catastrophe would occur that would set us back?

Or maybe you're just taking the hadith a little too literally, when it could easily be concluded that guns and tanks are the "swords and horses" of the modern era.

Sometimes it's better to speak in a language that's universally understood. We are aware of ancient war practices but the Prophet's companions would be baffled if they were to see an airplane.

This thread is pointless and frankly quite embarrassing.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Or maybe you're just taking the hadith a little too literally, when it could easily be concluded that guns and tanks are the "swords and horses" of the modern era.

Sometimes it's better to speak in a language that's universally understood. We are aware of ancient war practices but the Prophet's companions would be baffled if they were to see an airplane.

This piece was adapted from an article that originally appeared in the SAIS Review of International Affairs.

While testifying before Congress in May, Peter Pry warned that a rogue state or terrorist could attack the United States with a weapon that would kill 9 out of 10 Americans “through starvation, disease, and societal collapse.”

This thread is pointless and frankly quite embarrassing.
Embarrassing to whom? Your mother & father? Nacaala iyo waxa tahay ba waas bastar foqol bastar.

Don't come on here if you you don't want to discuss the topic.

After a nuclear war the world will go back to the stone ages.

This piece was adapted from an article that originally appeared in the SAIS Review of International Affairs.

While testifying before Congress in May, Peter Pry warned that a rogue state or terrorist could attack the United States with a weapon that would kill 9 out of 10 Americans “through starvation, disease, and societal collapse.”

That fearsome weapon? A electromagnetic pulse. Pry, executive director of the EMP Task Force on National and Homeland Security, a congressional advisory board, described a scenario in which an adversary could detonate a nuclear device in the atmosphere over the United States, which would in turn generate an EMP that would cause catastrophic damage to the nation’s electricity grid, resulting in long-term, national power outages.

http://www.slate.com/articles/techn...tic_pulse_weapon_wipe_out_the_power_grid.html

This is the same mindset that led to burning ''witches'' in medieval Europe and halted technological progress for a thousand years.
No one is out to get scientists. Why do irreligious people try to portray Muslims as anti-science? Modern science wouldn't be what it is had it not been for the contribution of Muslim scientists during the second millennium and a few centuries before that.

Studying the natural sciences is actually Fardh ul Kifaayah (a communal obligation upon the Muslims).

P.S. I was not insinuating in any way that humans are not capable of progressing technologically without the assistance of supernatural beings. I''m just intrigued as to why a large number of notable, rational scientists had peculiar beliefs and engaged in occultic stuff (spending inordinate amount of their time on them).

@Layth

I think that may be symbolic, Allah knows best. Simply for the reason that the Sahaba (RA) could not have conceptualised modern technology.

Embarrassing to whom? Your mother & father? Nacaala iyo waxa tahay ba waas bastar foqol bastar.

Don't come on here if you you don't want to discuss the topic.

After a nuclear war the world will go back to the stone ages.

That fearsome weapon? A electromagnetic pulse. Pry, executive director of the EMP Task Force on National and Homeland Security, a congressional advisory board, described a scenario in which an adversary could detonate a nuclear device in the atmosphere over the United States, which would in turn generate an EMP that would cause catastrophic damage to the nation’s electricity grid, resulting in long-term, national power outages.

http://www.slate.com/articles/techn...tic_pulse_weapon_wipe_out_the_power_grid.html

Don't speak about matters which you know nothing about. Right now you're speaking on matters pertaining to the future, and I'm kindly advising you to shut the f*ck up so you don't make a fool out of yourself.

When the Prophet pbuh stated that during the End Times, that the Dajaal would come with 70,000 fighters.....are you gonna take that number literally (70 000 soldiers is a pretty small army) or are you gonna conclude that 70,000 is obviously being used as a reference to mean a very large number and should not be taken literally....and his army could number in the millions in reality. No one knows, but you sound like a jackass by assuming that you do.

I think that may be symbolic, Allah knows best. Simply for the reason that the Sahaba (RA) could not have conceptualised modern technology.

Exactly. The Sahaba are the ones who listened to and understood the Prophet's teachings and they passed it onto us.

How do you think they'd feel if someone were to try to explain the concept of modern electricity or modern weaponry?

Exactly. The Sahaba are the ones who listened to and understood the Prophet's teachings and they passed it onto us.

How do you think they'd feel if someone were to try to explain the concept of modern electricity or modern weaponry?
I agree with you. My original post was not regarding any of the prophesies from the Sunnah. It was merely an account of a people who were acquaintances of Ibn Taymiyyah. I was postulating a nexus between them and the renowned, rational scientists who spent an undue amount of their time engaged in the occults. An innocent post if you ask me; but we have fools like @The_Cosmos (who actually believes in the notion that intelligence can be quantified) making condescending remarks instead of refuting any of the information shared.

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
I agree with you. My original post was not regarding any of the prophesies from the Sunnah. It was merely an account of a people who were acquaintances of Ibn Taymiyyah. I was postulating a nexus between them and the renowned, rational scientists who spent an undue amount of their time engaged in the occults. An innocent post if you ask me; but we have fools like @The_Cosmos (who actually believes in the notion that intelligence can be quantified) making condescending remarks instead of refuting any of the information shared.

I heard Isaac Newton used to go to cave alone for long periods of time and one day he came back with Calculus. So do you think it is possible that he was guided by the jinns?

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending

There are scholars that hold the opinion that technology will revert back to how it was centuries ago however.

Anyway we will never know until the end of times.

There are scholars that hold the opinion that technology will revert back to how it was centuries ago however.

Anyway we will never know until the end of times.

It is not completely out of question. Have a few nuclear wars along with peak oil and the more insidious peak minerals, and you can easily set the stage for a society that no longer has access to basic electronics or any form of technology for that matter beyond the 13th century. A lot of people are betting on space travel and asteroid mining, but we all know the world will lose the ability to access space far before any of that ever takes off.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
It is not completely out of question. Have a few nuclear wars along with peak oil and the more insidious peak minerals, and you can easily set the stage for a society that no longer has access to basic electronics or any form of technology for that matter beyond the 13th century. A lot of people are betting on space travel and asteroid mining, but we all know the world will lose the ability to access space far before any of that ever takes off.

Waaa? We have records of how things were built. We'll still have textbooks and guidelines.

Like knowledge doesn't evaporate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts