Are irreligious people who spread their beliefs xasiid?

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
I think the first page answered your question as to why non-religious people try to convert others to their way of thinking quite well.

But to add on, we're social animals. We like to be part of the 'group' whatever that group may be because to be alone is akin to suicide. We also like to spread our beliefs and convictions about life to others because they are our beliefs and convictions. If I'm living my life this way, it must mean there is some meaning to it, and if that's the case, this meaning should be shared with others. Selfish but welcome to humanity.

What I will speak on however is that I think you have your conclusion for atheism wrong. True atheism similar to nihilism is meant to free you to be and do as you want in life. But you must deal with the existential dread of a meaningless existence. If you cant answer this question, atheism is not for you.

This is what religion shields people from. It is why those with faith have a better grip on reality, are on par happier, and less prone to suicide. It is hard for our brains to come to grips with utter meaningless. Many people get struck in this phase and never progress however and to them the pain is all they know for the rest of their life. It would have been easier for them to keep their faith because then they could have some semblance of structure and order in their lives.

But I said I disagreed and here is why. What if you answer the question? Yes okay, life has no integral meaning. You do your dance with depression and so on but you come out the other side, with the pain of existential dread no longer being a stab of pain in your stomach. Who are you? How do you experience things differently now? If life has no meaning, what are you alive for? What now? To answer the question is to be free because that was the goal of atheism in the first place. But as @erqa correctly pointed out, it's taking off the gear of one religion and donning that of another.

I still think majority of people should stick to their religion though. Because to overcome the existential pain, you need to embrace it and come to terms with the fact that it will always be there with you. We are a creature of meaning. To not have meaning is an antithesis of our existence. But look deeper and understand that to be free means you get to create your own meaning. Most people dont even know what they want for breakfast tomorrow. This is why it's hard.

Last edited:

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
@Medulla BIR DHAGAX AH
:geek:
are you gonna use his special saliid

Never lmfao he's a comedic legend though if our country was stable he would be a top entertainer
I think the first page answered your question as to why non-religious people try to convert others to their way of thinking quite well.

But to add on, we're social animals. We like to be part of the 'group' whatever that group may be because to be alone is akin to suicide. We also like to spread our beliefs and convictions about life to others because they are our beliefs and convictions. If I'm living my life this way, it must mean there is some meaning to it, and if that's the case, this meaning should be shared with others. Selfish but welcome to humanity.

What I will speak on however is that I think you have your conclusion for atheism wrong. True atheism similar to nihilism is meant to free you to be and do as you want in life. But you must deal with the existential dread of a meaningless existence. If you cant answer this question, atheism is not for you.

This is what religion shields people from. It is why those with faith have a better grip on reality, are on par happier, and less prone to suicide. It is hard for our brains to come to grips with utter meaningless. Many people get struck in this phase and never progress however and to them the pain is all they know for the rest of their life. It would have been easier for them to keep their faith because then they could have some semblance of structure and order in their lives.

But I said I disagreed and here is why. What if you answer the question? Yes okay, life has no integral meaning. You do your dance with depression and so on but you come out the other side, with the pain of existential dread no longer being a stab of pain in your stomach. Who are you? How do you experience things differently now? If life has no meaning, what are you alive for? What now? To answer the question is to be free because that was the goal of atheism in the first place. But as @erqa correctly pointed out, it's taking off the gear of one religion and donning that of another.

I still think majority of people should stick to their religion though. Because to overcome the existential pain, you need to embrace it and come to terms with the fact that it will always be there with you. We are a creature of meaning. To not have meaning is an antithesis of our existence.

The goal is to become free? That in itself is subjective and confuses me more what are you being freed from here. The constraints of religious dogma what if wasn't that restrictive in the first place . My usage of english isn't great but I appreciate your post.

of course we want to be free from ethiopia
is it true that they are killing some of you guys or have you heard of it?
Never lmfao he's a comedic legend though if our country was stable he would be a top entertainer

The goal is to become free? That in itself is subjective and confuses me more what are you being freed from here. The constraints of religious dogma what if wasn't that restrictive in the first place . My usage of english isn't great but I appreciate your post.

Trending

Latest posts