Are Half-Somalis considered as "Somalis"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odeg

Gedo
Somalis in Somalia accepts if the kid/person have a Somali father. He is part of reerka but they wouldnt be very welcoming to a half Somali with a Somali mother.

Sarah136

Hot and cold
:whoa: abayo macaan like malawax iyo malaab.

I view Half-Somalis as my brothers and sisters, I don't look at "muh qabiil". I was just asking based on my experiences on what the Somali community thinks. I realized it's divided across the board. Some people view half-Somalis as Somali, and some don't. I just want to see what the general consensus is.

I am Somali. My father is a Somali with the most blessed bloodline. No one should question my somali nimo
:birdman:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
A girl still doesn't tell.

I have taken my mothers side. People don't think I am Somali. I've had somali aunties speak English to me and once I tell them I am Somali they seem to be surprised.

Half bantu it is :patrice:

Shame on those aunties, so prejudices. Somalis come in all shapes and sizes :birdman:

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
But let's be real for a moment. Half-Somalis even if their dad is Somali, Somali people still don't consider them Somali.

I've encountered Somalis that feel that both parents need to be Somali in order to be considered Somali.

Yo I just want some likes. It doesn't matter who is Somali mom/dad. You can't deny someone's DNA.

Yo I just want some likes. It doesn't matter who is Somali mom/dad. You can't deny someone's DNA.

I understand that, I consider a half-Somali a Somali cause the caadan people see you as what you are. I'm just talking about older Somalis they're never cool with the idea of a half-Somali.

Last edited:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I don't really consider a half cadaan/ half somali kid to be Somali just because of their father.

They should come from an acceptable/close community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending