Are Half-Somalis considered as "Somalis"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a question that has been surrounding the Somali community in the diaspora. Are Half-Somalis (Mom or Dad is Somali) considered Somali within our community? I was watching these Somali YouTubers, which included @LarryThePuntite :salute:and it further confirmed my argument. Somalis don't really accept half-Somalis.

I understand "b-b-b-b-but az long az da father have da qabiil, da children are Somali" but let's be honest, even if half-Somalis do carry a "qabiil", Somalis don't accept Half-Somalis :comeon:

Last edited:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
As if being claimed as Somali is this great privilege :mjlol:

I consider them as Somali if they consider themselves as Somali.

@Meek Mill Bastaarkaan!!!:damn:

The female lawyer who helping Somalia get her diginity in the offshore maritime border dispute is Half -Somali.
:ohhh:

Somalis only respect half Somalis when they earn more money, have higher education and speak thier language and culture. I have witnessed Somali men and women bowing to older half Somalis because they worked in the public sector and needed thier help.
:mjohreally:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I remember this video.

Also it's rare to see Somali habaryaros called out for something but they do perpetuate this notion harder than any male I have ever seen.

My father is Somali. I am probably more Somali than many of you say wallahi ciyaal on here

Yes I feel very insulted :birdman:

:whoa: abayo macaan like malawax iyo malaab.

I view Half-Somalis as my brothers and sisters, I don't look at "muh qabiil". I was just asking based on my experiences on what the Somali community thinks. I realized it's divided across the board. Some people view half-Somalis as Somali, and some don't. I just want to see what the general consensus is.

@Meek Mill Bastaarkaan!!!:damn:

The female lawyer who helping Somalia get her diginity in the offshore maritime border dispute is Half -Somali.
:ohhh:

Somalis only respect half Somalis when they earn more money, have higher education and speak thier language and culture. I have witnessed Somali men and women bowing to older half Somalis because they worked in the public sector and needed thier help.
:mjohreally:

That's true. Somalis are users.

I remember this video.

Also it's rare to see Somali habaryaros called out for something but they do perpetuate this notion harder than any male I have ever seen.

Yes! That's what I was trying to say! I realized old Somalis do it, but the women take it to the next level!

The moment they hear "so and so is Half-Somali" it's immediate :susp:

Last edited:

Sarah136

Hot and cold
Haha, fine. My guess is Yemeni though.

Do you look Somali to most people or do people constantly miss identify you as something else? I'm curious to know how strong those Somali genes are :hmm:

A girl still doesn't tell.

I have taken my mothers side. People don't think I am Somali. I've had somali aunties speak English to me and once I tell them I am Somali they seem to be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts