Are Habesha and Tigrinya the same people?

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
tigrinya are habesha yes but thier not tigrayan or amhara nor are they Ethiopians is it that hard understand

politically and historically Tigrinyans have been a separate people they were never a part of Abyssinia nor the solomonic empire they had their own kingdom called the medri bahri

ps as an example just because oromo and somalis are cushites don't mean oromos are somalis or that somalis are oromos

Habesha originally meant Semetic speaking Ethiopians/Eritreans i think, but now its just all ethiopians/eritrean . Tigrinya is a semetic language so they habesha i guess

But the history off all habeshas arent the same and only the diaspora uses it bcz there arent that many people so they cant really split by tribe

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Habesha originally meant Semetic speaking Ethiopians/Eritreans i think, but now its just all ethiopians/eritrean . Tigrinya is a semetic language so they habesha i guess

But the history off all habeshas arent the same and only the diaspora uses it bcz there arent that many people so they cant really split by tribe

Confusing tigrinyans with amharas and tigrays is like confusing muslim arabs with christian assyrians and hebrew semetic speaking jews all these peoppe have a completly seperate history culture and religous makeup

tigrinya are habesha yes but thier not tigrayan or amhara nor are they Ethiopians is it that hard understand

politically and historically Tigrinyans have been a separate people they were never a part of Abyssinia nor the solomonic empire they had their own kingdom called the medri bahri

ps as an example just because oromo and somalis are cushites don't mean oromos are somalis or that somalis are oromos
This is the biggest lie you have ever told.

Tigrinyans are the real axumites habeshas from the time of Abraha all the way to Najasha and many more.

Amhara only usurped power recently and have been trying to create fake history of solomonic dynasty which is fakenews.

The cradle of Abysinia is in Axum.

Dont befooled by the castles built by the Portuguese/ spanish in Gonder which Amhara try to potray as ancient civilisation.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
This is the biggest lie you have ever told.

Tigrinyans are the real axumites habeshas from the time of Abraha all the way to Najasha.

Amhara only usurped power recently and have been trying to create fake history of solomonic dynasty which is fakenews.

The cradle of Abysinia is in Axum.

Dont befooled by the castles built by the Portuguese/ spanish in Gonder which Amhara try to potray as ancient civilisation.
When did i lie about tigrinyans not bieng the real axumites of course thier the real axumites

Btw axum has nothing to do with the solomonic ethiopian empire of the amharas

Thier is a diffrence between tigrinyan axum and the solomonic empire of the amharas, the tigrinyans never claimed to be the progeny of solomon nor did they claim ethiopia those were all created by the amhara leader amda seyon

When did i lie about tigrinyans not bieng the real axumites of course thier the real axumites

Thier is a diffrence between tigrinyan axum and the solomonic empire of the amharas, the tigrinyans never claimed to be the progeny of solomon nor did they claim ethiopia those were all created by the amhara leader amda seyon
There was no solomonic empire of amharas.
The fakenews they spread about "menelik I " being a child of Solomon and queen of Sheba.

It was Tigrayan axumites that conquered Yemen not Amhara.

Also Najasha was Tigrayan and the arabs called them Abysinians.

Amhara have always tried to steal the identity and culture of Axum and Abysinia and try to make it look as if they are the founders while they are not.

Its like Oromo claimming the Adal empire and Axmed Gurreh being Oromo.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
The fakenews they spread about "menelik I " being a child of Solomon and queen of Sheba.

Amhara have always tried to steal the identity and culture of Axum and Abysinia and try to make it look as if they are the founders while they are not.

I think we both agree lets leave it thier

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP

I never knew this. When did they usurp power from the Tigrays?

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I have a question are the Eritrean Tigrinyas(Christians), the Ethiopian Tigrays (Christians) and the Eritrean Tigres (Muslims) are they all related because their names are confusing me :lolbron: @Sheikh Kulkuli

I have a question are the Eritrean Tigrinyas(Christians), the Ethiopian Tigrays (Christians) and the Eritrean Tigres (Muslims) are they all related because their names are confusing me :lolbron: @Sheikh Kulkuli
They are all different people-groups sharing ancestry going back in history. The Eritrean Tigrinya and Ethiopian Tigrayans speak the same language, while the Tigre speak their own language. The Tigres don't even consider themselves Habashi.

Bro you really hate Amharas don't you lol. The difference between Amharas and Tigrayans aren't much except for language. By blood they are indistinguishable
https://www.discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/the-genetic-affinities-of-ethiopians
"Interestingly the Amhara and Tigray are almost indistinguishable, but the Ethiopian Jews are in their own cluster."

As to the hiers of aksum it is solely not one ethnicity who have right to claim it. First of all the Amhara and Tigrayan identity did not form until the 11th century which is proposed to be the time when Aksum got destroyed by Queen gudit and the Bejas. Following this the Aksumites fleed southwards and gradually meet the cushitic speaking people called Hamra of northern Ethiopia with time the Aksumites adopted this name and slightly changed to Amhara. The same happened with the Tigré people of Eritrea, they got mixed with the Beja people.

Secondly during Aksum the Aksumites spoke Ge'ez (which is now only spoken in the church), after the fall of Aksum the languages split into Tigré, Amharic, Ge'ez, Tigrinya, Gurage, Maya, Gaffat and Argobba. The Aksumites weren't only the habeshas, it also included cushitic people such as Agaw, Qemant and to some extent also Afars.

"Proto-Tigrayans and Proto-Amharas are believed to be the main ethnicity of the empire of Axum in the first millennium C.E. Their language, in form of Ge'ez, remained the language of later Ethiopian imperial court as well as the Eritrean and Ethiopian Orthodox Church.
The Aksumite people represented a mix of a Semitic-speaking people, Cushitic-speaking people, and Nilo-Saharan-speaking people (the Kunama and Nara) collectively known as Habeshas."

You are slightly incorrect bro. The Tigrayans were indeed apart of the Abyssinian empire, the Tigrinya people of Eritrea however were not they were apart of the medri bahri kingdom which actually was created by an Abyssnian king called Zara Yacob the kingdom was a province of Abyssinia until the ottomans decentralised the kingdom. Abyssinia even had a Tigrayan king.

"In 1433 the emperor Zara Yaqob took the throne in Debarwa, and introduced the title of Bahr Negash, and strove to replace the existing title of Bahr Negus with it. He was also the one who renamed the kingdom to Medri Bahri, which was the official start of the kingdom.
Zara Yaqob strove to consolidate his power as the ruler of the kingdom and increased the power of the position of Bahr Negash. To strengthen the imperial presence in Medri Bahri, Zara Yaqob also established a military colony consisting of Maya warriors permanently based in the city. These warriors came from the south of his realm. This army helped him completely eradicate the title of Bahr Negus and establish his authority over all else.
In 1520 the kingdom was visited by the portuguese traveller Francisco Alvares, when the Bahr Negash was Dori. Dori was the uncle of the Ethiopian Emperor at that time, Lebna Dengel, who he was forced to paid tribute to. This marked the first Bahr Negash under whom the Kingdom of Medri Bahri was considered a tributary of the Ethiopian Empire."

https://thinkafrica.net/medri-bahri/

Bro you really hate Amharas don't you lol. The difference between Amharas and Tigrayans aren't much except for language. By blood they are indistinguishable
https://www.discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/the-genetic-affinities-of-ethiopians
"Interestingly the Amhara and Tigray are almost indistinguishable, but the Ethiopian Jews are in their own cluster."

As to the hiers of aksum it is solely not one ethnicity who have right to claim it. First of all the Amhara and Tigrayan identity did not form until the 11th century which is proposed to be the time when Aksum got destroyed by Queen gudit and the Bejas. Following this the Aksumites fleed southwards and gradually meet the cushitic speaking people called Hamra of northern Ethiopia with time the Aksumites adopted this name and slightly changed to Amhara. The same happened with the Tigré people of Eritrea, they got mixed with the Beja people.

Secondly during Aksum the Aksumites spoke Ge'ez (which is now only spoken in the church), after the fall of Aksum the languages split into Tigré, Amharic, Ge'ez, Tigrinya, Gurage, Maya, Gaffat and Argobba. The Aksumites weren't only the habeshas, it also included cushitic people such as Agaw, Qemant and to some extent also Afars.

"Proto-Tigrayans and Proto-Amharas are believed to be the main ethnicity of the empire of Axum in the first millennium C.E. Their language, in form of Ge'ez, remained the language of later Ethiopian imperial court as well as the Eritrean and Ethiopian Orthodox Church.
The Aksumite people represented a mix of a Semitic-speaking people, Cushitic-speaking people, and Nilo-Saharan-speaking people (the Kunama and Nara) collectively known as Habeshas."

They are same shit different assholes.
Both of them used the whiteman and assistant to and displace millions in the horn of Africa.

Once again your incorrect the Solomonic myth wasn't created by amda seyon or the Amharas:rolleyes: the Aksumite believed indeed that they were descendants of Israelites according to their 6th manuscript ( 500 years before the alleged creation of the solomonic myth) and DNA studies have proven that they share more DNA with people from levant than with Yemenis which fits perfectly with the solomonic theory.

"By analysing the genetics of Ethiopia and several other regions we can see that there was gene flow into Ethiopia, probably from the Levant, around 3,000 years ago, and this fits perfectly with the story of the Queen of Sheba."

"Genetic research suggests Ethiopians mixed with Egyptian, Israeli or Syrian populations about 3,000 years ago."

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 16.13.56.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 16.13.56.png
    363.6 KB · Views: 111