Are Garre Somali or Ethiopian? If they're Somali why do some claim Ethiopian smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
What's up with some Garre's and claiming to be Ethiopian:what: They have no shame Walahi.

Mid cidaas ah baan la sheekaystay kow dheh. Saan u wada sheekaysanayney baa waxaa wey diiyay ciday tahay.:troll:Waxay tiri waxan ahay Garre. Waa arin fiican ban iri inan Somali ah baad tahay. :yousmart:

Dhowr asbuuc ka dib waxaan arkay ayadoo Ethiopian ban ahay ku qarabanaysa:lebronwtf::wtf:

Garre is a Sub clan of Raxanweyne

From what ive seen they have severe identity crisis!

Can you show us proof of them claiming Ethiopia?

Because they live in Ethiopia I guess , so they are Ethiopians by nationality
P.s. there are a lot of Somalis who claim to be Ethiopians why are you surpised

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Garre are 100% somali.

Borana want to add them because they live together in NFD for political reasons.

I think oromos also want to add a dir tribe to their Oromo confederation.

welcome to oromofication of somalis

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
They are Somali but as nucleus said Oromo wants to add them to their ranks.

They are confused with an identity crisis.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Bro how can i know what you say is true then? most garre people ive met only claim garre some dont even claim somali. Plus i dont understand half of what they say when they speak!
Bruh I ain't the type to lie. I have a lot of respect for Garre. One of my fav neighbor in Nairobi was Garre the lady is still friends with my moms.

I was just surprised that the chick I talked to was claiming Somali at one point then all of a sudden she's Ethiopian. :cosbyhmm:I guess some of y'all are right they have identity crisis.

I have evidence on this particular person but I won't share it.:ohno:

I don't understand them either lmao.

Theyre raxanweyn/Somali but don't speak Somali/Af Maay :comeon:

Actually some do speak af-maay . But Alll digil and mirifle clans do not speak Af- Maay. Some clans Speak Af Dabarre, some speak Af Jiddu
Some speak Af Boon and some Af Tunni. They are all dialects of somali in different variations.

You must be confusing them with gabra. Garre are not the same they are Digil!

The Garre in Kenya always claim to be oromo and they hate somalis. I think the cuqdad comes from the regular dose of karbash they get from the Somalis tribes they settle with in Wajir.

paragon

Keeping it Real Since 01/01/90
I don't trust Oromos. They try to absorb everyone. No wonder their numbers have swelled to over 40 million. They have taken Somalis from us, absorbed some Amhara and Tigrinya too. It all depends on where they reside. Cheeky little guys.

Actually some do speak af-maay . But Alll digil and mirifle clans do not speak Af- Maay. Some clans Speak Af Dabarre, some speak Af Jiddu
Some speak Af Boon and some Af Tunni. They are all dialects of somali in different variations.

You must be confusing them with gabra. Garre are not the same they are Digil!
All those languages are closer to Oromo than Somali.

Majority of Garre consider themselves Oromo and they derive their lineage from the same sub clans as Gabra

All those languages are closer to Oromo than Somali.

Majority of Garre consider themselves Oromo and they derive their lineage from the same sub clans as Gabra

No They are no way near oromo language They are distinct somali dialects very distinct languages of digil clan family and garre lineage is digil.

Majority in somalia consider themselves digil

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts