Are diaspora seen as 2nd class

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been back home, I've seen how people's mentality. Some are neutral towards qurbo joog and have a positive outlook and some can't stand the look of them. Not gonna lie some qurbo joog just give the rest a bad reputation. They go their for bashaal, get waved, chase girls and bring their ciyaal suuq mentality.

After speaking to some of the locals their and the police. I got the impression some just see us as guests, I've even had some Somali suggest if you don't know the language. You might as well not be Somali.

I want to hear your opinions. Do you think they frown upon us, is it down to jealousy?

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
So I've been back home, I've seen how people's mentality. Some are neutral towards qurbo joog and have a positive outlook and some can't stand the look of them. Not gonna lie some qurbo joog just give the rest a bad reputation. They go their for bashaal, get waved, chase girls and bring their ciyaal suuq mentality.

After speaking to some of the locals their and the police. I got the impression some just see us as guests, I've even had some Somali suggest if you don't know the language. You might as well not be Somali.

I want to hear your opinions. Do you think they frown upon us, is it down to jealousy?
I'm inclined to agree with them. Being ethnically Somali and being culturally Somali, especially in Somalia are 2 completely different things. If I went there today, I would not be surprised nor angry if they looked at me like a complete foreigner.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP

Of course they are jealous. How do you think they feel when you come, well dressed and rich while they are barely surviving?

I've been to Somaliland as a kid, and my impression is that they still see you as Somali, but you're still kinda foreign to them. They may make fun of you for not knowing the language or the customs, but it's not really that serious.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
I've been to Somaliland as a kid, and my impression is that they still see you as Somali, but you're still kinda foreign to them. They may make fun of you for not knowing the language or the customs, but it's not really that serious.

Aren't you Murusade? What are you doing in Somaliland?

Of course they are jealous. How do you think they feel when you come, well dressed and rich while they are barely surviving?
Not really. Qurbo joog cant aford a 50k villa a 20k landcruiser.
Warya qurbo joog kibir ba ku jiro. They act like they are superior

W

Sxb qurbo joog beelweed bey keena dalka.
They act like they are better a see the native as 2class.
Faan iyo kibir ba dilay. Walahi they are nothing but disgraceful. Canteven speak somali. Dhaqan meesha kuma hayan. At least be willing to learn

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
My family wanted to visit Somalia for a bit, so they chose Hargeisa for it's relative stability. Plus my grandma is Isaaq so I have a good amount of family there. Somaliland is like a second home to me now.

I would never go to another person's land. I couldn't stand being a marti :susp:

W

Sxb qurbo joog beelweed bey keena dalka.
They act like they are better a see the native as 2class.
Faan iyo kibir ba dilay. Walahi they are nothing but disgraceful. Canteven speak somali. Dhaqan meesha kuma hayan. At least be willing to learn

Don't get me wrong though the country would not be what it is if it wasn't for diaspora also. But I agree qaar baa kibir leh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending