Are American Somalis more into touch with their culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
As for OP, no they don't. American Somalis under the age of 30 are 90% BET clones. The males are indistinguishable from their AA peers, and the females would be too if their parents didn't force them to wear hijaabs. They're all loud mouthed hyper aggresive Shaniquas

:russ:

LOL,

From my subjective experience, majority of guys are trash, the chicks either on backpage getting raw dogged by 60 year old cadaan upper class dudes for $150 or failing and getting depressed at their local COMMUNITY College. :chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Tbf to the girls, they're doing a lot better than the guys since they're all apparently nurses :icon lol:

I just can't wrap my head around adopting a culture that has failed the people that created it :icon lol:

It's like moving to Europe and becoming a goddamn gypsy

:faysalwtf:

Gambar

VIP
It's all the same in the West. Usually families from mudug and north keep the culture in tact. Reer Mudug, Bari, Waqooyi, Galbeed make sure their kids know their language and culture. That's from what I've seen. Most kids fluent in Somali are from these regions.

Why did you purposely leave that out? You didn't quote the whole post. :drakewtf:

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
It's all the same in the West. Usually families from mudug and north keep the culture in tact. Reer Mudug, Bari, Waqooyi, Galbeed make sure their kids know their language and culture. That's from what I've seen. Most kids fluent in Somali are from these regions.
Yes you are correct. My hoyoo would force us to speak somali at home. I probably wouldnt able to speak a lick of somali if it wasnt for her telling to speak it at home.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Why did you purposely leave that out? You didn't quote the whole post. :drakewtf:

You made pretty definitive statements, played it off as an anecdote, and then rounded it off with another definitive statement. Conveniently, seems to promote your own background :icon lol:

For example,

Usually Reer Dalal kids score highest in IQ tests, usually 2 standard deviations above the mean. From what I've seen of course. Most kids that are genuises tend to be Reer Dalal.

Just my experience :icon e smile:

Gambar

VIP
Yes you are correct. My hoyoo would force us to speak somali at home. I probably wouldnt able to speak a lick of somali if it wasnt for her telling to speak it at home.
That's from what I've seen and my experience. My mum and dad used to beat me or wouldn't answer me if I spoke English at home. :bell:

You made pretty definitive statements, played it off as an anecdote, and then rounded it off with another definitive statement. Conveniently, seems to promote your own background :icon lol:

For example,

Usually Reer Dalal kids score highest in IQ tests, usually 2 standard deviations above the mean. From what I've seen of course. Most kids that are genuises tend to be Reer Dalal.

Just my experience :icon e smile:

You are reading in to it too much and trying to pick a fight lol. You purposely only quoted one part of my post to fit your agenda.

What the hell is Reer Dalal? :gucciwhat:

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Not in Minnesota, Most of us here are very cultured and I'm not talking about just the newbies but those who have been here 20+

Europe just ended up getting the worst kind of Somalis, I bet it's due to tahrib. Too many criminals from Somalia ended up there
I visited Columbus oh and they were quiet cultured too. It's probably due to the large concentration of Somalis in MN and OH. Somalis in cali who were born here don't speak any Somali. As for Somalis in Europe, they are doing bad because Europeans tend to be racist towards immigrants, especially Muslims.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
That's from what I've seen and my experience. My mum and dad used to beat me or wouldn't answer me if I spoke English at home. :bell:

You are reading in to it too much and trying to pick a fight lol. You purposely only quoted one part of my post to fit your agenda.

What the hell is Reer Dalal? :gucciwhat:

:ulyin:

You know what you were doing

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
WTF is Reer Dalal? :mahubowtf:

According to my research, Reer Dalal are the pinnacle of Soomalinimo, the saviors of the Somali race, the bane of the Amxaar and those who would dare stand in the way of Somali hegemony in the Horn*

* Except for that bespectacled we've recently excommunicated

Gambar

VIP
According to my research, Reer Dalal are the pinnacle of Soomalinimo, the saviors of the Somali race, the bane of the Amxaar and those who would dare stand in the way of Somali hegemony in the Horn*

* Except for that bespectacled we've recently excommunicated
Waxaad iminka soo qortay anigu garan maaye ina adeer :bell:

Can't speak for other countries but Canada is absolutely horrid. Almost all of the people in my age bracket know almost absolutely zero Af-soomali or barely. Some of them get sent to Somalia for a couple of years and come back with an acceptable level of Soomali.

If you are butchering the somali language might as well not speak it at all :manny:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
From what I have seen, reer America are educated and hard workers but about half have lost their daqan and language completely and are indistinguishable from African Americans..:farole:

Well it's been a Isaaq strong hold since the late 1800s. Wasn't there even a Habar Yonis MP in Sheffield?

1800s? :pachah1:Not really, the first foreigners that arrived in Sheffield were the Yemenis that came in the 50s and 60s to work in the steel industry.
Also, the place is just too white to have a Somali MP, it might have been a Somali city counselor you meant? I am not too sure.
And yes, it is a Isaaq stronghold, Sheffield was one of the first city councils that recognised Somaliland.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
1800s? :pachah1:Not really, the first foreigners that arrived in Sheffield were the Yemenis that came in the 50s and 60s to work in the steel industry.
Also, the place is just too white to have a Somali MP, it might have been a Somali city counselor you meant? I am not too sure.
And yes, it is a Isaaq stronghold, Sheffield was one of the first city councils that recognised Somaliland.
Habar Jeclo/Aaden madoobe (Black Aden) is one of the oldest somali diaspora. They came to the Great Britain in the late 1800s as seamen. My awowe came to the Cardiff in 1928 from Aden.
somali-community-mapping-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending