Are American Somalis more into touch with their culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

World

VIP
You know... I follow a lot of Somalis from America and it seems like they are so much better than the ones in the U.K. The girls seem far more wifey material as well compared to the ones from the UK. Maybe the ones in the U.K. have the highest rates of daddy issues or something? Even the ones who don't know much about Somali culture don't suffer from self hate. You American faraaxs are lucky.

Think I'm gonna have to relocate for ya'll. :salute:

dr.leorio

death\emitter
You are overestimating American Somalis my dude. The universal rule is to remember that their are good and bad apples everywhere you go and not to generalize.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
The Isaaq communities in Cardiff, Liverpool and Sheffield are very intact, very old school. Londons the opposite tho.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
I'd say Australia holds it down and that's FACT:salute:

Apollo

VIP
Nah, you have US Somalis claiming to be fully fledged Americans. You rarely see that in Europe.

Americanness is inclusive, while in Europe you can be a foreigner after a thousand years of residence (Jews, Romas etc).

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Nah, you have US Somalis claiming to be fully fledged Americans. You rarely see that in Europe.

Americanness is inclusive, while in Europe you can be a foreigner after a thousand years of residence (Jews, Romas etc).

That's true. Despite having lived here in Sweden my entire life i never once considered myself fully Swedish. :manny:

Like you said, the US offers an all encompassing identity free of ethnic ties, which actually works to their advantage since it's much easier to integrate people that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts