Architecture Uni advice

Try using a software like Revit and tell me "it's all art" :heh:

I have a bone to pick with boomers like you who lead my generation off of a cliff wallahi, "tHeRe's bEttErs jOb prOpEctS in STEM". Your antiquated views on higher education killed a lot of dreams.

what are u studying ? It’s not a lie why go to uni to get a useless degree you can’t find a job in . STEM is the best route if u want to make money chase ur dreams after u finish a stem degree

I'm looking at architecture unis. Do you go to any pretty good architecture schools. I'm considering aiming for University Of Melbourne seeing as me living in NZ it is pretty close and family living in Melbourne. Also looking at Manchester school of Architecture. Checked it out and it is a very good school. But it's in the UK. Checked ETH Zurich and it is amazing. I hear schooling uses English but it says it would be recommended to learn Swiss German. Also this school is really expensive 😬. I could go to the colonisers home and go to Politecnico Di Milano (Italy). Its a really good UNI but do I have enough guts to put my pride aside and learn Italian and live in Italy. Advice needed
Before you do anything drastic that would change your life, just look at this masterpiece by Albert Speer. wish this could be somaliweyn's capital desgin in the future.
1619023659863.png

what are u studying ? It’s not a lie why go to uni to get a useless degree you can’t find a job in . STEM is the best route if u want to make money chase ur dreams after u finish a stem degree
Bollocks, there's a surplus of larbour in certain STEM fields, you aren't guaranteed a job. It's even worse in Europe where dickheads who fixes boilers can call themselves "engineers", the title isn't protected like it is in North America.

What if I want to work with Sea-Lions, how would a STEM degree help? :mindblown:

Bollocks, there's a surplus of larbour in certain STEM fields, you aren't guaranteed a job. It's even worse in Europe where dickheads who fixes boilers can call themselves "engineers", the title isn't protected like it is in North America.

What if I want to work with Sea-Lions, how would a STEM degree help? :mindblown:
Wtf is bolllocks If you want to work with sea lions major in something that has to do with marine life, fam if u study engineering Ur set what are u talking about but if u study stuff like biology or chemistry u need to go to med school after. Uk is rafad engineers here are Eating good no one can call themselves an engineer unless they have a degree

You can play with seal-lions at the aquarium, Architects will be obsolete in the near future.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP

Nah, you are exaggerating now.

Most STEM degrees do land you better jobs than Arts ones. However, you have a point that it is overhyped and that some people who don't belong in STEM go to this domain due to recent societal pressure of ''STEM or bust''.

I'm looking at architecture unis. Do you go to any pretty good architecture schools. I'm considering aiming for University Of Melbourne seeing as me living in NZ it is pretty close and family living in Melbourne. Also looking at Manchester school of Architecture. Checked it out and it is a very good school. But it's in the UK. Checked ETH Zurich and it is amazing. I hear schooling uses English but it says it would be recommended to learn Swiss German. Also this school is really expensive 😬. I could go to the colonisers home and go to Politecnico Di Milano (Italy). Its a really good UNI but do I have enough guts to put my pride aside and learn Italian and live in Italy. Advice needed
Just think hard before you decide on it. I don’t think the average ethnic can cut in that field. Consider other STEM fields before making a final decision.

Nah, you are exaggerating now.

Most STEM degrees do land you better jobs than Arts ones. However, you have a point that it is overhyped and that some people who don't belong in STEM go to this domain due to recent societal pressure of ''STEM or bust''.
I'm just butt-hurt all that time and effort spent on art was basically flushed down the toilet. It's so depressing knowing that I'm destined to be surrounded Pajeets who can barely string a sentence together for the rest of my working adult life. Wish I never FOMO'd into STEM :mjcry:

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Pure architecture is kind of a dying field. Why not go all the way and study structural(civil) engineering. It’s more dynamic and engineers usually earn more with potential for growth, recognition and the ability to work anywhere in the world.
@Amirah explain

You need to have some foundation in science and most architects work with computer programs these days. It is not like this stuff is English literature.

The most successful people are those who are able to combine science and arts.
@Amirah

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:sass1:
it’s really not much of mix though. Most architecture programs only require couple of courses of math/physics before moving right into specialized architect courses. I know this because I have couple friends that studied it. You also have to be very artistically inclined for this major. Compared to structural engineering which requires up to differential equations/linear algebra and calculus based physics. Most fields use computer programs these days by the way. But architecture is definitely not an easy field either.

I was just trying to steer the kid to a more dynamic versatile field. If I was in his shoes I definitely would choose structural engineering over architecture but that’s just me. But I understand not everyone can do all the math required before moving into the actual major.

Last edited:
Try using a software like Revit and tell me "it's all art" :heh:

I have a bone to pick with boomers like you who lead my generation off of a cliff wallahi, "tHeRe's bEttErs jOb prOpEctS in STEM". Your antiquated views on higher education killed a lot of dreams.
I can’t really argue with this...you right! Not everyone has to go into STEM to be successful!

Trending