Architecture Uni advice

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I'm looking at architecture unis. Do you go to any pretty good architecture schools. I'm considering aiming for University Of Melbourne seeing as me living in NZ it is pretty close and family living in Melbourne. Also looking at Manchester school of Architecture. Checked it out and it is a very good school. But it's in the UK. Checked ETH Zurich and it is amazing. I hear schooling uses English but it says it would be recommended to learn Swiss German. Also this school is really expensive 😬. I could go to the colonisers home and go to Politecnico Di Milano (Italy). Its a really good UNI but do I have enough guts to put my pride aside and learn Italian and live in Italy. Advice needed

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
If Architecture is your main goal, why refusing yourself to be in one of the best Architecture schools in Europe?
Go aboard, live in Italy (and Italians are fun to be around, and good quality of life! Forget about the Past, you're young, leave that to the Boomers kkk)

Peace

alien

📍outer space
VIP
@p1racy what grade are you in? do you plan on being international student on ur first year or do one year in NZ?
International student first year. There are no good schools for architecture in NZ. our best university doesn't even have an architecture course. also I don't understand American grading

Mozart

You need people like me
haven't checked it so far. Thoughts on it
I went there - it’s a top uni. I just had a look and it’s ranked third globally for architecture. If you’ve got the grades then I’d recommend it. It’s a good balance of academic students and people who want to have fun. London’s expensive though

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I went there - it’s a top uni. I just had a look and it’s ranked third globally for architecture. If you’ve got the grades then I’d recommend it. It’s a good balance of academic students and people who want to have fun. London’s expensive though
how was your time there?

alien

📍outer space
VIP
If Architecture is your main goal, why refusing yourself to be in one of the best Architecture schools in Europe?
Go aboard, live in Italy (and Italians are fun to be around, and good quality of life! Forget about the Past, you're young, leave that to the Boomers kkk)

Peace
I'm considering that. Italian isn't too hard of a language to English speakers. it's ranked 7th in the world for architecture universities. Its a really good uni

I'm considering that. Italian isn't too hard of a language to English speakers. it's ranked 7th in the world for architecture universities. Its a really good uni
Ninyahow go to italy, after you graduate I will pay you to restore Mogadishu back to its former italian glory

I'm looking at architecture unis. Do you go to any pretty good architecture schools. I'm considering aiming for University Of Melbourne seeing as me living in NZ it is pretty close and family living in Melbourne. Also looking at Manchester school of Architecture. Checked it out and it is a very good school. But it's in the UK. Checked ETH Zurich and it is amazing. I hear schooling uses English but it says it would be recommended to learn Swiss German. Also this school is really expensive 😬. I could go to the colonisers home and go to Politecnico Di Milano (Italy). Its a really good UNI but do I have enough guts to put my pride aside and learn Italian and live in Italy. Advice needed
Pure architecture is kind of a dying field. Why not go all the way and study structural(civil) engineering. It’s more dynamic and engineers usually earn more with potential for growth, recognition and the ability to work anywhere in the world.

Architecture courses are pretty lengthy, in the UK you’re in school for 3yrs, placement for 2 then back to school for another 2 years. Stay as close as you can to your family. Stick to places where English is the primary language, focus on your course instead of learning a third language sxb. Whatever you do, don’t listen to @Amirah and fall for the STEM structural/civil engineering meme. You’ll hate every minute of it, I can honestly promise you that. All the money in the world wouldn’t give you as much fulfilment as something you’re genuinely passionate about.

Apollo

VIP
Nobody really cares to which university you went. That elitism is slowly dying off. Try to differentiate yourself through work experience, projects, building up portfolios etc etc.

Architecture courses are pretty lengthy, in the UK you’re in school for 3yrs, placement for 2 then back to school for another 2 years. Stay as close as you can to your family. Stick to places where English is the primary language, focus on your course instead of learning a third language sxb. Whatever you do, don’t listen to @Amirah and fall for the STEM structural/civil engineering meme. You’ll hate every minute of it, I can honestly promise you that. All the money in the world wouldn’t give you as much fulfilment as something you’re genuinely passionate about.
Instead of encouraging a poor Australian kid to pursue the arts shouldn’t you be defending your arse over @Basra’s “finally we met” thread warya.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
C’mon...hardly!

You need to have some foundation in science and most architects work with computer programs these days. It is not like this stuff is English literature.

The most successful people are those who are able to combine science and arts.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Instead of encouraging a poor Australian kid to pursue the arts shouldn’t you be defending your arse over @Basra’s “finally we met” thread warya.

giphy.gif

He did huuno. He gave me thumbs up rating.

1619021822745.png