Arabization is the worst that happened to Somalis

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
You niggas are shitting on him but he aint wrong. You'll see women casually walking around in multicoloured bin-bags in scorching heat like.

@Lostbox show us the power rangers bro
The Galactic fighting forces
iQJTrDX.jpg

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
I just wish Somalis understood the Quran rather than just wearing the Islamic attire with no substance. A lot of jahiliya is prevalent within Somalia like tribalism, killing, raping, FGM, corruption, stupid pride etc. If more Somalis want to learn Arabic to understand the meaning Quran and Sunnah then good for them.

Btw I can't be asked to read the whole thing, but I have a few legit questions . What were Somalis doing before Islam , what was our religion. What was our culture ? Were there Somalis who were orthodox Christian cos of Ethiopian influence ?

Or were we just swinging on trees and then domesticated by Arabs ? Lol

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Btw I can't be asked to read the whole thing, but I have a few legit questions . What were Somalis doing before Islam , what was our religion. What was our culture ? Were there Somalis who were orthodox Christian cos of Ethiopian influence ?

the past before Islam doesn’t matter. It was baaqti and not worth digging up. And we were never christan, Islam has been here since trading scholar days. Most likely we were just Mother Nature worshipping nomads

the past before Islam doesn’t matter. It was baaqti and not worth digging up. And we were never christan, Islam has been here since trading scholar days. Most likely we were just Mother Nature worshipping nomads

Apparently, old Christian graves were found in the North. If some of us were Christian, it shouldn't be a suprise considering before Islam, parts of Yemen were Christian and our Neighbors the Ethiopians and Eritreans had Axum, which was a Christian kingdom.

But before Islam came to us, we were surrounded by Christian states. Why isn't there anything definitive for people to read? I would like to know all of my people's history from start to now. Afghanistan before Islam was Buddhist , Iran was Zoroastrian, Pakistan was Hindu.... What were we actually doing?

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Apparently, old Christian graves were found in the North. If some of us were Christian, it shouldn't be a suprise considering before Islam, parts of Yemen were Christian and our Neighbors the Ethiopians and Eritreans had Axum, which was a Christian kingdom.
But before Islam came to us, we were surrounded by Christian states. Why isn't there anything definitive for people to read? I would like to know all of my people's history from start to now. Afghanistan before Islam was Buddhist , Iran was Zoroastrian, Pakistan was Hindu.... What were we actually doing?
Never the majority though:kanyeshrug:

Just like all other ethnic groups, they had religion they inherited and beliefs from their forefathers. Allah's name was "Eebbe" similar to Aramaic and Hebrew, Also "Waaq" by another name. They named their towns and roads by Allah's name like Jidwaaq, Caabud Waaq, Ceel Waaq(this one means Allah's spring/well) etc. Their religion was close to Judaism and monotheistic in principle but corrupted by superstitions. Islam felt home when it reached them. Christianity never appealed to the Nomadic Somalis generally. Perhaps they found a God who has a child to be unworthy of respect and not different from human beings.

Continuing borrowed Arabic words. I will list words currently assumed to be Somali but are borrowed from Arabic due to shared culture and religion. Make note that these words have pure somali versions. An educated somali in his/her language knows both but uses whichever for convenience. I will write english word, then borrowed Somali word and then the pure soomaali:

English - Arabic- Somali
Believe- Aamin - Rumee
Fundamental - Asaas - Udubdhexaad
Founding/Laying foundation - Aasaasid - Udubdhexaadin, Yagleelid
World/universe - Adduunyo - If, Ifka
Foreigner- Ajnabi - Shisheeye
Door - Albaab - Irid, Afsaar, Afaaf, marin, Kadin, Illin(mom used to scream at me sometimes when I blocked the door and said "Marinka ka leexo, move away from the door".
To Invent - Alifid - Curin ama Unkid. This is interesting because elder somalis says "Alle uunkiisa, which means Allah's inventions/creations".
Prince - Amiir - Taliye
Command - Amar - Farid

This is just to name a few of somali words that are Arabic in origin but also have pure somali versions.

Unfortunately, Somalis never had leadership to fund research in their culture and language beyond the fake Arabic ethnicity ignorants used to push onto their society. Somali is ancient, rich and a sister to Semitic langauges but Older. We have abundant vocabulary in our langauge. Just look above how many words for a door.

Door - Irid, Afsaar, Afaaf, marin, Kadin, Illin. Many somalis use Albaab instead.

Last edited:
The Quran has A somali word, which Arabic borrowed.

English - Arabic- Somali

Pharoah - Firown - Fircoon

Original somali Fircoon comes from:

Fir - Lineage
Coon - unyielding to age, or someone who never ages and remains youthful eternally.

Somalis of ancient then used to name Fircoon a person who never ages and remains youthful. Someone who looks way younger than their age is called Coonka. Thus, a fitting name for a king who claimed eternal life aka Pharoah or in Arabic, Fircon.

The Quran has A somali word, which Arabic borrowed.

English - Arabic- Somali

Pharoah - Firown - Fircoon

Original somali Fircoon comes from:

Fir - Lineage
Coon - unyielding to age, or someone who never ages and remains youthful eternally.

Somalis of ancient then used to name Fircoon a person who never ages and remains youthful. Someone who looks way younger than their age is called Coonka. Thus, a fitting name for a king who claimed eternal life aka Pharoah or in Arabic, Fircon.
Maybe somalis borrowed fircoon from the Egyptians also unless you saying Fircoon was Somali

I was with you until you mentioned this. :icon lol:

Illaahow hana waalin.z3zrULC

Why is it insanity that a word found in a language Allah bestowed on a group of people has a word of its own that is similar to Arabic in the Quran?

Fircoon is a name of an individual who is Non Arab. Names of many prophets in the Quran are not Arabic either. Would that be a problem for you as a Muslim?

I am not into Arabic worship btw. I am a Muslim. My only connection to Arabs who are muslims.

Maybe somalis borrowed fircoon from the Egyptians also unless you saying Fircoon was Somali

Either way, it points to commonality between ethnicities. Pharoahs themselves wrote their origins to be from Punt. East Africa. There are many words shared between ancient Egyptian language and somali.

Here is a Somali professor from North talking about the subject of Somalida&Masaaridii hore. He is speaking in Somali, so it is not helpful if you can't understand somali.

Interesting this guy saying the pharoahs and Somalis were one and spoke the same!!

Yea, when the Pharoah's delegation visited East Africa, and met the Somali King and queen, he said they didn't need translation and could understand each other. I think the King's name was Barre if I remember the brother correct.

But the depiction of the Somali queen, they put a huge booty on her in the drawings, an overkill, or perhaps that is how she looked :russ:

Safest bet is Ancient egyptians, like many ethnic groups draw their origins from East Africa. Only reason somali language and somali cultural dances would look similar to theirs is because Somalis remained put where they were/are and kept their culture and language intact even if they were known by a different name. Allah knows Best.

Last edited:

Trending