Arab Military Base @ Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi

The United Arab Emirates has also wooed Somalia’s regional rival, the autonomous Somaliland region. In May 2016, Dubai Ports World won a 30-year contract to manage the port of Berbera and expand it into a regional logistics hub, breaking up Djibouti’s virtual monopoly on Ethiopian freight via the Doraleh Container Terminal through the joint development by Somaliland and Ethiopia of the Berbera Corridor as an alternative logistics route. The United Arab Emirates is also said to be seeking access to the Berbera port and airstrip to support its operations in Yemen, and may provide Somaliland with a financial aid package and an Emirati-built military training center.

In any case, the Saudi and Emirati presence in Eritrea won’t be limited by the Yemeni conflict’s length. According to unconfirmed reports, the UAE took on lease Assab for 30 years. Separately, the UAE is seeking to take on lease a former naval base in Berbera in Somaliland. Thus, the Emirati activity in Eritea is a first step in a big plan to establish a naval base network at the Horn of Africa’s coast.

Source

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
They can have a base in somaliland as long as they send 50k of their women to somaliland
i like the way you think

robert-de-niro-loves-world-cup-soccer-crash-party.gif

Khathead

tfw no habesha gf
Somaliland keeps winning - look at all the haters here who foam at the mouth that fellow Somalis improve their lives. Crab in a bucket mentality

Somalia is a case in point. In early May 2015, the United Arab Emirates expanded its long-running train and equip partnership with Somalia’s counterterrorism unit and National Intelligence and Security Agency (NISA), opening a new U.A.E.-funded training center in Mogadishu where Emirati special forces operators have trained several units of Somalicommandos. In late May 2015, the Emirates supplied the Interim Jubba Administration at Kismayo with a batch of RG-31 Mk. V MRAPs and Toyota Land Cruisers. These were followed in June by a shipment of Reva Mk. III armored personnel carriers, water tanker trucks, and police motorcycles for the Somali federal government’s Ministry of Internal Security and Police. In October 2015, the United Arab Emirates pledged to pay the salaries of the Somali federal government security forces over a four-year period.

The United Arab Emirates has also wooed Somalia’s regional rival, the autonomous Somaliland region. In May 2016, Dubai Ports World won a 30-year contract to manage the port of Berberaand expand it into a regional logistics hub, breaking up Djibouti’s virtual monopoly on Ethiopian freight via the Doraleh Container Terminal through the joint development by Somaliland and Ethiopia of the Berbera Corridor as an alternative logistics route. The United Arab Emirates is also said to be seeking access to the Berbera port and airstrip to support its operations in Yemen, and may provide Somaliland with a financial aid package and an Emirati-built military training center.

In Puntland, an autonomous region in northeastern Somalia, the United Arab Emirates also paid for the Puntland Maritime Police Force to be established in 2010, with anti-piracy training provided by a succession of private security companies, a cause for some controversy. The PMPF operates bases in Bosaso, Puntland’s primary port on the Gulf of Aden coast, and Eyl on the Indian Ocean coast. The PMPF air wing operates three UAE-donated Ayers S2R Thrush aircraft and an Alouette III helicopter. The UAE also finances and trains the Puntland Intelligence Agency. When the Gulf Coalition naval blockade sought to interdict Iranian weapons smuggling to the Houthis, the Emirati investment in Puntland and Somaliland seems to have paid off, shutting off known Iranian transshipment points like Bosaso and Berbera.

Seems like a good thing overall so I'm content

So the colonisation has already started. you guys are just pawns in the conflict between the Gulf States and Iran. To bad these Somalilands are brain dead.

So the colonisation has already started. you guys are just pawns in the conflict between the Gulf States and Iran. To bad these Somalilands are brain dead.
Read the part I posted which is from the same article, then read the article itself before you comment

Somaliland keeps winning - look at all the haters here who foam at the mouth that fellow Somalis improve their lives. Crab in a bucket mentality
Baby you're Christian why do you care? Somaliland nor Somalia is beyond you.. I'm joking I've met many Somali Christians over the years. Do you thing Bro!!

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
Djoubiti has military bases in their country and so will Somaliland.Someone like you from Amisomia has no say or relevancy in our decision making.So keep it moving!

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Aren't you Warsengeli? There's many Warsengeli who detest isaacs open aggression & their bid for dhuul balaarsii in Sanaag. I heard at one point cerigaabo belonged soly to Warsengeli, now Isaac claim the whole city & even appointed an Isaac mayor.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
As long at Isaac sell Berbera, hargaisa, burco, it shouldn't concern Somalia, but the minute they try to do the same in buhoodle, borama, cerigaabo then it concerns Somalia as a whole excluding somalidiid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts