Arab guy gets ATTACKED by Somalis for calling Ilhan Omar an Arab even though she identifies as Arab

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have done their research before harassing this man. Ilhan is a proud Arab-American.

She was a keynote speaker at an Arab-American Day event in DC. :mjohreally:

Ilhan only spoke at that conference and never once referred to herself as Arab (to my knowledge). This is almost the same as saying Somalia is an Arab country because we're a part of the Arab league and took part in several of it's congresses. You can show solidarity to a community (which will benefit us in the long run, or so we thought) without necessarily identifying with them.

I know he runs for the UK, but the media conveniently only refers to him as "british" when it should be Somali-british.
They call every competitor for them British ffs. I've never heard Sterling be refered to as Jamaican-British, or any other Jamaicans who represent UK. Everybody knows Mo Farah is Somali, they're not trying to hide it. Mo Farah represents Britain on international games. They're not international + interethnicity games. stop your crying

"If some Somalis can identify as black then so can some identify as Arab."

giphy.gif

"We have way more to do with Arabs than blacks, bantus, WAs and AAs"

giphy.gif

"you're one of many Somalis who claim Arab ancestry from alJeberti. And many Somalis speak Arabic"

tumblr_lxqqqqqpzd1qaboh9o1_250.gif
What is it with rachet "im black" xalimoos and the use overuse of black gifs?

You claim direct descendance from an Arab. If not then you're not MJ.

What is it with rachet "im black" xalimoos and the use overuse of black gifs?

You claim direct descendance from an Arab. If not then you're not MJ.
i claimed nothing.

and your statements were so ludicrous i had to use gifs in order to express my SHOCK. i was lost for words!

Some people here need to understand that Arab is more of an umbrella, not an exclusive thing.
I don't identify as Arab, nor do I like alot of them, but I'm not a stupid rachet person either. Somalis share some historical ties with Arab, we share geographical ties, linguistic ties and thats it. If some Somalis identify or associate with Arabs then so be it, they can have their reasons. Still then Arab should come far behind the main ethnic identity of Somali.

They call every competitor for them British ffs. I've never heard Sterling be refered to as Jamaican-British, or any other Jamaicans who represent UK. Everybody knows Mo Farah is Somali, they're not trying to hide it. Mo Farah represents Britain on international games. They're not international + interethnicity games. stop your crying
Idc the media is biased. If a "British" Somali commits a crime his ethnicity will be emphasised and he's less likely to be called british by the media. Im just stating facts sxb.

i claimed nothing.

and your statements were so ludicrous i had to use gifs in order to express my SHOCK. i was lost for words!
You claim descendance from alJeberti since you're unapologetically MJ. I don't want to drag qabiil into this but that's the truth.

Idc the media is biased. If a "British" Somali commits a crime his ethnicity will be emphasised and he's less likely to called british by the media. Im just stating facts sxb.
And? Be a good citizen and they will much easily accept you. And the media has repeatedly said Mo Farah came to Britain as a Somali refugee. They've never tried to hide it.

Some people here need to understand that Arab is more of an umbrella, not an exclusive thing. I don't identify as Arab, nor do I like alot of them, but I'm not a stupid rachet person either. Somalis share some historical ties with Arab, we share geographical ties, linguistic ties and thats it. If some Somalis identify or associate with Arabs then so be it, they can have their reasons. Still then Arab should come far behind the main ethnic identity of Somali.
we have none of that lmao. are you autistic? we speak somali, have somali culture, genetically were cushitic and historically were african. what in the hell do we share with arabs other then religion? its interesting you equate blackness with ratchet. walahi living in a 100% white nation has done a number on you.

how does one identify with Gulf beduins over fellow africans? the self hate is real

we have none of that lmao. are you autistic? we speak somali, have somali culture, genetically were cushitic and historically were african. what in the hell do we share with arabs other then religion?
We speak Somali and have also spoken Arabic alongside that for over a thousand years atleast. Our biggest cities/most important cities historically have been co-inhabited by Arabs too.

¨"historically we're african" tf is that supposed to mean? Geograpichally we have more incommon with our neighbours to the West and North, with very little if nothing to do with those to the South or in the jungle part of Africa. And also our climate and landscape is closer to the same neighbours.

okay let me do some twisting.
You say "somalis are black" and I answer with this
we have none of that lmao. are you autistic? we speak somali, have somali culture, genetically were cushitic and historically were african. what in the hell do we share with blacks other then skin colour?

@Discontinous
but why are our brethren kicking us out? Muh Ummahhh :ileycry:
Saudis can go f*ck themselves. So can most Gulf Arabs. Ummah doesn't exist.

But still they've been more civilized to Somalis than black africans down in South Africa
its interesting you equate blackness with ratchet. walahi living in a 100% white nation has done a number on you.

how does one identify with Gulf beduins over fellow africans? the self hate is real

I love my fellow Africans. Hate gulf bedouins. AAs aren't Africans though

We speak Somali and have also spoken Arabic alongside that for over a thousand years atleast. Our biggest cities/most important cities historically have been co-inhabited by Arabs too.

¨"historically we're african" tf is that supposed to mean? Geograpichally we have more incommon with our neighbours to the West and North, with very little if nothing to do with those to the South or in the jungle part of Africa. And also our climate and landscape is closer to the same neighbours.

okay let me do some twisting.
You say "somalis are black" and I answer with this
lmao. "black" is a race so being subsaharan african your automatically part of that umbrella. you share history (mostly with the north/east), you share culture (our culture is distinctly african), you share ancestry (there are cushitic people in west, north, east of africa), language (afro asiatic) etc. thats automatically more then you would share with any arab. there were indians who inhibited somalia are we indian too? there were east asian mongolians who inhibited afghanistan and iran are they east asian? with our close proximity to yeman it makes sense they would arrive there, doesn't make us arab. turks and Portuguese have come to somalia, are we their ancestors as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.