Arab claims Ahmed Hussen, Somali Twitter goes nuts AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newer innovations are usually given Arabic names or Italian/English names.

Thats what I'm worried about, if human innovation continues lazy Somalis back home will just adopt the Arabic word for the invention.

This is due to a lack of a culture/language board as you stated. It will be 10 years before that is functioning and I'm afraid it will be too little too late.
Its never too late sxb. The Jews that grew up speaking different languages were able to revive Hebrew after thousands of years of it not being a spoken language. Plus, the Iranians have had relative success in purifying Persian and creating new words for innovations. This defeatist attitude isn't going to get us anywhere and needs to end.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Waa isku wadha marqaanteen.

Somalis are descendants of Cush - eldest son of Ham son of Nuh (AS). We are indigenous to East Africa. This is confirmed by most anthropologists and prominent Islamic scholars (who've used Israeliyat sources). We are as closely related to the Arabs as we are to the Jews, Phoenicians, etc. If anything we're closer to the North Africans and Egyptians.

I understand why some of us would want to align ourselves (subconsciously even) with the Arabs, since they were the ones honoured with the final baton of enlightenment.
We wuz prophets n shieet

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Do you speak Arabic? I can confirm that 40% of our language is Arabic

What did you have for dinner: sabayaad iyo maraq? Bariis iyo hilib? Lahoh? Malowax? Guess what all Southern Arabian and thats not all?

I'm not booty-clapping in fact I said the opposite you xoolo.

I said the reason this guy called us Arab is because we haven't preserved our culture enough.
Somalis had caano geel and hilib for food

Is that what you want to eat 24 hours a day? Lool.

Somalis have preserved their culture in entirety.

Most of the loan words we have is because we don't have a Somali equivalent, as many of these things aren't native to Somalia, and our culture.

Nothing will change until Somalia changes, that's pretty much it. And the way we're going with federal states and all, it will mean that it will take a long time for a centralized government to take control of these type of things.

Most Arabs believe anything from the levant to Mauritania and the Horn of Africa equals Arab world .i have even met Palestinian Christians who believe Somalis are part of the Arab world .

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
Somalis had caano geel and hilib for food

Is that what you want to eat 24 hours a day? Lool.

If it means I look 20 at 50 then yes, yes I do.

Somalis have preserved their culture in entirety.

Just look at what Osman Mahmud used to wear for clarification.

Most of the loan words we have is because we don't have a Somali equivalent, as many of these things aren't native to Somalia, and our culture.

Or we are too lazy

Nothing will change until Somalia changes, that's pretty much it. And the way we're going with federal states and all, it will mean that it will take a long time for a centralized government to take control of these type of things.

Thats what I said and with Arabs lobbying each federal state and the government you can see how we are slowly becoming susceptible to Arabization.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Most Arabs believe anything from the levant to Mauritania and the Horn of Africa equals Arab world .i have even met Palestinian Christians who believe Somalis are part of the Arab world .

We are not Arab but part of Arab world. The Arabs want to correct that like they did with Sudan and Egypt.

WE HAVE TO SAVE OUR CULTURE.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Its never too late sxb. The Jews that grew up speaking different languages were able to revive Hebrew after thousands of years of it not being a spoken language. Plus, the Iranians have had relative success in purifying Persian and creating new words for innovations. This defeatist attitude isn't going to get us anywhere and needs to end.

1. We are not the Jews sxb we are lazy Somalis and if we aren't the people back home are.
2. Also the Jews preserved their language but not their culture, they all practise their seperate cultures.
3. I'm not defeatist but with the situation Somalia's is in we are not in any position to fight our biggest funders. The beggar can't choose.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
If it means I look 20 at 50 then yes, yes I do.

Just look at what Osman Mahmud used to wear for clarification.

Or we are too lazy

Thats what I said and with Arabs lobbying each federal state and the government you can see how we are slowly becoming susceptible to Arabization.
I don't like Somali food either, it isn't healthy or good for you.

The only reasons they took Arab clothing is because there was no Somali equivalent for reer magaal. Even Ibn Battuta described Somalis as having dressed like Egyptians and spoke Arabic, how many centuries ago was that? If we spoke Arabic and dressed like Arabs 700 years ago and are fine now, then what is this sudden urgency to preserve our culture when it's always been preserved?

Somali is a completely Cushitic language because of grammar structure, and no amount of loan words from English, to Arabic can change that.

If you want a strong Somali identity then the first step to that is peace and security. We don't have that now, so how can we complain? Our priorities are messed up.

TheLibertarianQuiche

If you want a strong Somali identity then the first step to that is peace and security. We don't have that now, so how can we complain? Our priorities are messed up.

But sxb when you see Somaliland and the sham Somali election do you really have any hope in our government to preserve our culture when they can't preserve our country?

Nacalaa Euro-trash can't think straight...

1. I have no agenda in wanting Somalis to be Arabs: wouldn't you think its more interesting to say I'm half Arab and half Cushtic than just saying full Arab?
2. What I stated here is: All this SJW you have done here "MTHCA" has just been fairy-tales. The reality back home is Somalia is becoming Arabized and you're doing nothing about it. We can't blame this guy for calling us Arabs but our parents for teaching us to read Arabic than Somali
3. Most Somalis can't speak Arabic? The lectures at Friday prayer are in Arabic. At school kids learn Arabic and take tests in Arabic and Arabic Lit. I struggled and I'm fluent in Arabic.
4. The difference between us and Nigeria is that they're thousands of miles away from Arabization whereas we are smack-bang in the middle. This along with our political situation makes us susceptible to Arabization via political lobbying
5. 40% of our language isn't Arabic? Just think for a second. Name me a recent invention that isn't a loan-word? Kursi, Thalaajad, Miis, Computer, Television, nal, dharishad etc. They're not all in Arabic but imagine as human innovation continues and we keep on adopting Arabic loan-words.

If I hear this booty-clapping for Arabs wallahi Imma break my MacBook.

Some niggas can't handle the truth:

How many people here can read/write Somali perfectly without going to Somalia?

How many people here can read/write Arabic perfectly?

Even Somali national TV have news in Arabic. The school curriculum in Somalia teaches Arabic language starting from middle schools.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Even Somali national TV have news in Arabic. The school curriculum in Somalia teaches Arabic language starting from middle schools.

Its a joke that more people in Somalia read/write Arabic than Somali.

Even the Atheists here can only read/write in Arabic, their Somali literacy skills is not as good as their Arabic.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
But sxb when you see Somaliland and the sham Somali election do you really have any hope in our government to preserve our culture when they can't preserve our country?
Nope i dont. Qabiliyaad is at an all time high, the south hasn't got it's shit together yet, etc.

Our culture is beginning to get bastardized, but I don't think it's the Arabs we should be fearing.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Nope i dont. Qabiliyaad is at an all time high, the south hasn't got it's shit together yet, etc.

Our culture is beginning to get bastardized, but I don't think it's the Arabs we should be fearing.

I see your point but within all this problems its just creating a better situation for Somalia to become the next Sudan.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending

Yes I agree but this has nothing to do with them wanting to Arabize us, but rather they are exploiting us especially UAE to further their interests in the region. Qatar and Turkey are the only good countries involved in our affairs.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Yes I agree but this has nothing to do with them wanting to Arabize us, but rather they are exploiting us especially UAE to further their interests in the region. Qatar and Turkey are the only good countries involved in our affairs.

Don't you think their interests would be better met if they Arabize us.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Don't you think their interests would be better met if they Arabize us.
In what sense have they been arabizing us that hasn't been occurring for the past few centuries?

tbh, I don't think they care.

The time Arabization could have occurred is long gone, the Arabs are divided, collapsing and Iran will probably soon dominate Arab affairs.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Typical s, always claiming other peoples ethnicity, whether it's black or Arab.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Typical s, always claiming other peoples ethnicity, whether it's black or Arab.

Another pathetic self hater, did you even read the OP?

It's amazing how these half breeds have so much disdain for Somali culture yet spend so much time around us.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Our language is 40% Arabic
No it's not, loan words make up less than 10% of the Somali language don't beg it.

Our religion is from Saudi Arabia
Are you insinuating that being Muslim means that you're an Arab? Are you retarded?

Our food is from Southern Arabia
Your food might be from Southern Arabia since your mom is Yemeni, don't lump us all together saxib.

Our women in Somalia go out in Arab clothing

We are part of the Arab union
giphy.gif

Nearly everyone in Somalia can read and write Arabic without trouble
No they don't stop typing up qashin.

We are in the Arab sphere of influence: Middle East, North Africa and the Red Sea
The Red Sea ends just by at the tip of Djibouti..

Our culture has been succumbing to Arab culture for years
No your culture does, you're half Arab. It's cool man, we get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending