Apparently the diraac isn’t somali but Oromo

One last entry for somali women in early years

309b3a008f453a9c024e59df58b59e5c--dress-attire-somali.jpg

f5f7892a032be0da24039cbbab916a41--natural-models-vintage-images.jpg

6a757f56922d1e66d1dda8ae88d58e62.jpg

d7d26b5406ac5ae196aca8b2369396b2.jpg

a811ca152be65b5d34522578b3e0d2d3.jpg

Remember, they had to pose for these pictures so it is not how they would have gone outside because usually they draped Garbasaar on their shoulders. The assumption that the way they are depicted in the picture is how they walked around outside their neighborhood is not correct.

Nonetheless, the pictures show the basic clothing in tradition.

This is how Modeling was done back in the days by Somali girls, look at the Caday/Rumay being a feature in Somali culture.

73c4f3580dd7a9e9a6867d88bc47fa55--djibouti-somali.jpg

Last edited:
And a tribute to Awoowe milking his She-camel with Love. I am calling him Awoowe because every somali elder of the past is a sort of Awoowe to all of us.

952ff196fbb326733d5bb3c76217eb01--story-inspiration-poet.jpg

Another Awoowe learning how to write and read Somali. What an honorable men and women.

ba8d948c02920605189b39c0dd6d2f3a--somali-vintage-photos.jpg

This one has the spirits of @VixR

c6d932f574ce027bacf64849d079d00f.jpg

Could be a photo set up really. We don't know for sure. I do like the attire though which shows how variant Somali women dressed in the old days. And they all look average Somali in features though different still from one another.

It is cool to belong to the Somali Ethnicity. We inherited good amount of history and tradition to give us a space on the world stage.

May Allah forgive our forefathers, us and all Muslims past and present. We should represent our people and values all the time.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Could be a photo set up really. We don't know for sure. I do like the attire though which shows how variant Somali women dressed in the old days. And they all look average Somali in features though different still from one another.

It is cool to belong to the Somali Ethnicity. We inherited good amount of history and tradition to give us a space on the world stage.

May Allah forgive our forefathers, us and all Muslims past and present. We should represent our people and values all the time.

This photos looks more like 70s than early 19th century

And a tribute to Awoowe milking his She-camel with Love. I am calling him Awoowe because every somali elder of the past is a sort of Awoowe to all of us.

952ff196fbb326733d5bb3c76217eb01--story-inspiration-poet.jpg

Another Awoowe learning how to write and read Somali. What an honorable men and women.

ba8d948c02920605189b39c0dd6d2f3a--somali-vintage-photos.jpg

I dont call anyone "awoowe" ama "ayeeyo".
:mjkkk:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
If you are saying that because of the shiisha, the sheesha was around for centuries and came to us with the Turks perhaps. Is it Arab or Turkish btw?

I say that because of the furniture. It has a hippie feel to it. Inspired by Middle eastern furniture decor

Is your qabil dhulbahante or Habar Jeclo?

Why do you fucking care about my tribe? My tribe is of no CONCERN to any Somali who has no personal relations with me. Once I step outside the house, I am Somali. Any nomad who doesn't feel comfortable with me, friendly , or brotherly, because they don't know my clan, THEY CAN GO f*ck THEMSELVES.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Why do you fucking care about my tribe? My tribe is of no CONCERN to any Somali who has no personal relations with me. Once I step outside the house, I am Somali. Any nomad who doesn't feel comfortable with me, friendly , or brotherly, because they don't know my clan, THEY CAN GO f*ck THEMSELVES.

9272.jpg

Out of respect, I DO. Respect can be of age or relations. It is the former for me and refer to Older somalis as a parent.

I prefer Habaryar for older ladies, and Abti for Older males. The Awoowe depending on how old they look.

Dirac is somali, Ogaden gave the culture to oromo after we Ogaden conquered and civilised and islamised many eastern oromo, before that they were barbairans, cawaan, primative, semi naked nomads,

oromo have become like somalis, claim everything, soon they will claim the moon belongs to them, mark my word, they will claim they went to the moon before america thus helium 3 resources should belong online to them,

soon they will also claim baranbur and dhaanto,

btw, some ladies get offended if you refer to them as a parent though. I am careful before I say anything.

They might be single and hoping to get on with youger guys, so it is offensive for them to be treated as out of commission just yet.

Case in point: BASRA. She is the type who would spend her last days bending over for a good shag instead of tasbiix adn takbiir. Not saying that is wrong if she likes it and does the Halal way, but still man, at certain age, I think i wouldn't care about sex. Basra begs to differ.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
btw, some ladies get offended if you refer to them as a parent though. I am careful before I say anything.

They might be single and hoping to get on with youger guys, so it is offensive for them to be treated as out of commission just yet.

Case in point: BASRA. She is the type who would spend her last days bending over for a good shag instead of tasbiix adn takbiir. Not saying that is wrong if she likes it and does the Halal way, but still man, at certain age, I think i wouldn't care about sex.

What happens u turn 40 and u call people who are in mid 40s a parent address, will that be awkward?

Trending