Apparently dhaanto is the origin of reggae music

Article by famous dhaanto artist Aar Maanta stating dhaanto is the origin of reggae music. A quick google search states reggae originated in the 1960's whereas dhaanto is about 100 years older.

"I even met Jamaican Rastafarians who visited from Shashamane. They acknowledged the fact that there is a similarity between Reggae and Dhaanto. I told them that because Dhaanto pre dated Reggae by at least forty years, well learned musicians in 1980′s Somalia used to say that Dhaanto was the origin of Reggae. Musically, Reggae and Dhaanto have very similar characteristics as their rhythmic patterns accents the second and fourth beats in each bar. That is the beauty of performing arts in bringing people together".

Its very possible the Rastafarians in Ethiopia were influenced by Dhaanto music and created reggae music. Reggae pulls from many genre's so its likely. The rhythms are the same. No wonder older Somalis love Bob Marley :ohhh::ohhh:

Last edited:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP

Article by famous dhaanto artist Aar Maanta stating dhaanto is the origin of reggae music. A quick google search states reggae originated in the 1960's whereas dhaanto is about 100 years older.

"I even met Jamaican Rastafarians who visited from Shashamane. They acknowledged the fact that there is a similarity between Reggae and Dhaanto. I told them that because Dhaanto pre dated Reggae by at least forty years, well learned musicians in 1980′s Somalia used to say that Dhaanto was the origin of Reggae. Musically, Reggae and Dhaanto have very similar characteristics as their rhythmic patterns accents the second and fourth beats in each bar. That is the beauty of performing arts in bringing people together".

Its very possible the Rastafarians in Ethiopia were influenced by Dhaanto music and created reggae music. Reggae pulls from many genre's so its likely. The rhythms are the same. No wonder older Somalis love Bob Marley :ohhh::ohhh:
I don’t see how thats possible Galbeed was incorporated into Ethiopia by england almost exactly the same time reggae took off. Even then the country didn’t have internal travel like that. That being said I love reggae and I will take this win to the TC nonetheless :fittytousand:
I know im not a generals guy but how do i not make the cut :wow:

also @Basic is Ogaden ?! Huuno tell me when to simp out and violate the say wallahi lncels you and @Land Of The Brave have me to rely on
45E767D9-A23C-4584-B66A-F177FEA8DC81.gif

Trending