Anyone tried the keto diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not keto, but I did go low carb. Yes I lost weight but I honestly think a balanced diet of carbs and fat is better. Plus low carb diets depend too much on animal products.

Yeah I thought deeply about this hedonistic miserable lifestyle and finally found the right path alhamdullilah

Are you for real? Literally earlier this evening, even a hour ago you were atheist. WHat changed in that tiny space of time? BTW your'e you spoiling my diet thread. Make a new thread please.

@Shamis I know some people who go keto only eat grassfed and hormone free just something to keep in mind if you do decide to do it just because all the hormones in the meat and dairy would make you sick over time to base your diet off it

They say a picture speaks a thousand words, here is the man that came up with this whole low carb diet Dr Robert Atkins

hqdefault.jpg

atkins-author-dead.jpg

Here is another prominent proponent of this low Carb FAD

the-zone-diet.jpg

Here is MR Paleo pushing the same old revised crap

paleo-diet.jpg

Here is Sally Fallon

eat-fat-lose-fat.jpg

Here is the author of Wheat belly Mr avoid Wheat and Carb

hqdefault.jpg

I have tried this diet several times and beyond the initial 5KG of water weight you loose (which is dangerous leaving you exposed to dehydration) it destroys you like no other diet does.

Ketosis what people go through during tough famines, were the body is forced to switch to it's secondary fuel source for survival because there is no primary starch based foods around that naturally fuels your body.

As a result everything in your body slows down so you don't die, exercise is impossible on this diet hence why they recommend you take 15 grams of carb before it to fuel you.

You bring very long term damages to your body and you end up gaining far more weight then you originally started out on just as everyone else does, because the body begins to store whatever little it gets while the cravings get worse and worse.

People get fooled by the water weight loss which is quick but that's because your body beliefs it's entering a state of famine and hence it needs to drop those 5 KG water that is a burden.

Last edited:
@Shamis I know some people who go keto only eat grassfed and hormone free just something to keep in mind if you do decide to do it just because all the hormones in the meat and dairy would make you sick over time to base your diet off it

Thanks, that's important to keep in mind. There are two farmers markets near me so I'' make use of them.

They say a picture speaks a thousand words, here is the man came up with this whole low carb diet Dr Robert Atkins

hqdefault.jpg

atkins-author-dead.jpg

Here is another prominent proponent of this low Carb FAD

the-zone-diet.jpg

Here is MR Paleo pushing the same old revised crap

paleo-diet.jpg

Here is Sally Fallon

eat-fat-lose-fat.jpg

Here is the author of Wheat belly Mr avoid Wheat and Carb

hqdefault.jpg

They're just not following their own advice. This diet works and I've seen it with my own eyes.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
I found out losing weight is a simple addition/subtraction problem that takes weeks and even months to solve. It mostly requires self discipline and willingness to stick to the plan regardless of what your body is telling you.

I fasted every other day for 2 months in the summer time while working out every single day. I only ate one meal a day including the days I wasn't fasting but I pretty much ate whatever I wanted. Workouts included cardio and high intensity interval strength training that were over an hour long each day. It was probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life but the results were so good. I lost about 18lbs and last time I weighed myself (last week) I was 184lb with me being 6ft tall. I lost a lot of fat but also gained a ridiculous amount of muscle and I see my six pack already forming. I gave up cause of school but I highly suggest doing what I did for extreme results. I'm not gonna lie though, it really sucked and requires 100% commitment so tread carefully.

I found out losing weight is a simple addition/subtraction problem that takes weeks and even months to solve. It mostly requires self discipline and willingness to stick to the plan regardless of what your body is telling you.

I fasted every other day for 2 months in the summer time while working out every single day. I only ate one meal a day including the days I wasn't fasting but I pretty much ate whatever I wanted. Workouts included cardio and high intensity interval strength training that were over an hour long each day. It was probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life but the results were so good. I lost about 18lbs and last time I weighed myself (last week) I was 184lb with me being 6ft tall. I lost a lot of fat but also gained a ridiculous amount of muscle and I see my six pack already forming. I gave up cause of school but I highly suggest doing what I did for extreme results. I'm not gonna lie though, it really sucked and requires 100% commitment so tread carefully.

That sounds harder than just cutting out carbs and working out 3 times a week. But well done your weight loss and definition.

They're just not following their own advice. This diet works and I've seen it with my own eyes.

I have addressed those points in the above post. I have tried this diet several times lasting more then a month and got incredibly ill from it. The losses you see are just water weight up to 5KG of it depending on your size. (could be more if your bigger).

No one that goes on this diet comes out healthy or looses significant amount of weight or even manages to keep that weight of them. I dropped a whopping 60 pounds easily and keep that weight off while continuing to drop a pound a week until I began to have more nuts/beans to stop any further drops.

It's on a strictly no oil, no diary, no meat diet initially until you get to your desired weight, then you can have meat as a luxury item (once every week or month) rather then having it daily.

It's a starch based diet at the core consisting of barley, rice, potatoes, sweet corn,beans, lentils or other grain or legumes (starch), 80% of your daily meal should be composed of starch with the other 20% being any fruits or vegetables.

This is all natural food that is unprocessed that humanity has been eating since civilisations began for 20.000 years until the turn of this century were the quackademics have fooled people, this is the healthy, stable, optimum way to loose weight and keep it off, it's what people back home eat and everywhere else these people are all strong, slim, fit and healthy.

Every slim women you see is on a vegan diet, it's basically the advice the White/Asian women give to each other, the black chicks are just so far behind it's a joke, the Somali ones are the worst, 9 out of every 10 that I see in London is fat.

I have addressed those points in the above post. I have tried this diet several times lasting more then a month and got incredibly ill from it. The losses you see are just water weight up to 5KG of it depending on your size. (could be more if your bigger).

No one that goes on this diet comes out healthy or looses significant amount of weight or even manages to keep that weight of them. I dropped a whopping 60 pounds easily and keep that weight off while continuing to drop a pound a week until I began to have more nuts/beans to stop any further drops.

It's on a strictly no oil, no diary, no meat diet initially until you get to your desired weight, then you can have meat as a luxury item (once every week or month) rather then having it daily.

It's a starch based diet at the core consisting of barley, rice, potatoes, sweet corn,beans, lentils or other grain or legumes (starch), 80% of your daily meal should be composed of starch with the other 20% being any fruits or vegetables.

This is all natural food that is unprocessed that humanity has been eating since civilisations began for 20.000 until the turn of this century, this is the healthy, stable, optimum way to loose weight and keep it off, it's what people back home eat.

My friend lost 111lbs on this diet so it's not just water weight and he doesn't even exercise.

You diet sounds easy enough though. I might go on it if this one is too hard.

My friend lost 111lbs on this diet so it's not just water weight and he doesn't even exercise.

You diet sounds easy enough though. I might go on it if this one is too hard.

Every time I examined the diets of these people with a fine tooth comb I found out they weren't really on a low carb diet, it was simply a delusion.

There is a famous 400 pound dude that went on a juice fast for 8 months and lost 220 pounds, this works because he was in a legit ketosis mode all along (basically famine) but keep in mind he is not consuming any fat (like the low carb diet suggests which would have balanced everything out)

What he went through is what millions went through in famine, the fatter you are the longer you can survive because you have more fat as fuel. However calorie restrictions doesn't work, if that guy decided to eat 1 sandwich a day or meat, the hunger pangs would be so intense his body will force him to quit after a couple of weeks because it will f*ck up the chemistry (not going to burn fat while eating fat)

The people that lost such weights are usually in the juice fast groups like the above in which case it's not a diet at all (famine) and your body after a week begins to adapt to this and it become easy, sometimes these people did the less severe one and fasted long hours like we do during summer Ramadan having 1 big meal, many people do this without even knowing and you will loose weight regardless what junk you eat because your in a true ketosis state that is not interrupted with fat.

The third one is a lot of them engage in intermittent fasting sometimes without even knowing, again if you deprive your body of food for anywhere between 14-21 hours you loose ridiculous weight regardless what junk food you eat.

I also find with many of them their diets are very low in fat, they consume lots of protein mostly plant based (beans) which is loaded with starch that stops you from feeling hungry, they also have no diary because of the carbs (which is the greatest cause of obesity because of the fat and hormone injections), they avoid lots of oils like in suugo/pancakes and other trans-fats etc.

All these elements combine somewhat in those people from experience but again none of this is truly low carb diet which advocates high fat/medium protein/low carb, many of them carb up with starch before exercise (the best fuel) which they belief they are burning off anyway which they don't, which is really cheating!

Every time I examined the diets of these people with a fine tooth comb I found out they weren't really on a low carb diet, it was simply a delusion.

There is a famous 400 pound dude that went on a juice fast for 8 months and lost 220 pounds, this works because he was in a legit ketosis mode all along (basically famine) but keep in mind he is not consuming any fat (like the low card diet suggests which would have balanced everything out)

What he went through is what millions went through in famine, the fatter you are the longer you can survive because you have more fat as fuel. However calorie restrictions doesn't work, if that guy decided to eat 1 sandwich a day or meat, the hunger pangs would be so intense his body will force him to quit after a couple of weeks because it will f*ck up the chemistry (not going to burn fat while eating fat)

The people that lost such weights are usually in the juice fast groups like the above in which case it's not a diet at all (famine) and your body after a week begins to adapt to this and it become easy, sometimes these people did the less severe one and fasted long hours like we do during summer Ramadan having 1 big meal, many people do this without even knowing and you will loose weight regardless what junk you eat because your in a true ketosis state that is not interrupted with fat.

The third one is a lot of them engage in intermittent fasting sometimes without even knowing, again if you deprive your body of food for anywhere between 14-21 hours you loose ridiculous weight regardless what junk food you eat.

I also find with many of them their diets are very low in fat, they consume lots of protein mostly plant based (beans) which is loaded with starch that stops you from feeling hungry, they also have no diary because of the carbs (which is the greatest cause of obesity because of the fat and hormone injections), they avoid lots of oils like in suugo/pancakes and other trans-fats etc.

All these elements combine somewhat in those people from experience but again none of this is truly low carb diet which advocates high fat/medium protein/low carb, many of them carb up with starch before exercise (the best fuel) which they belief they are burning off anyway which they don't, which is really cheating!

Intermittent fasting sounds like the best one out of all these diets. I gain weight with starchy food but with not with chicken or lamb etc. Whenever I eat vegetables with chicken, lamb or fish for a week I lose weight rapidly. If I ate cambuulo or misir for a week I would gain like 3lbs that week.

Intermittent fasting sounds like the best one out of all these diets. I gain weight with starchy food but with not with chicken or lamb etc. Whenever I eat vegetables with chicken, lamb or fish for a week I lose weight rapidly. If I ate cambuulo or misir for a week I would gain like 3lbs that week.

Do you add oil to your cambuulo or dairy ? like the Somali's like to do? or cook in them? because any fat like that causes lots of weight gain, the culprit is not the beans but the oil/dairy

Our mothers add oil to everything nowadays even rice, I asked my mum to stop and since she did everyone is dropping weight, some vegans add oil to salads then wonder why they don't loose weight and instead gain.

I can guarantee you added either oil, dairy or some other fat to it. (frying it with oil counts as oil). This is far worse then having meat with salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts