Anyone else struggling with barely any Somalis nearby?

I've lived in different parts like the Gulf and back home in Hargeisa and something I really miss is being around other Somalis. I go to uni abroad and there is not a single Somali here or even in my town that I know off. There are some Ethiopian girls and some Sudani guys, but it's not the same.

I tried chatting up this Oromo girl and it was such a tiring effort hard carrying that conversation. I miss the banter and fun back and forth, Somalis are never boring conversationalists imo. Oh man I am incredibly home sick.

It's making me reconsider making a life of myself here. The few Somali girls here are very into the local culture and just claim to be something else. I'm in Qatar and one girl for example always said she's Qatari and I found out a while ago she was just naturalized.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
how unfortunate if u miss hanging around somalis that much then i suggest u move to the west

Last edited:
The only solution is to bleach yourself to death and get more hairy
Oh and change your name to Abd al-Uzza
Wish you the best

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
O
I've lived in different parts like the Gulf and back home in Hargeisa and something I really miss is being around other Somalis. I go to uni abroad and there is not a single Somali here or even in my town that I know off. There are some Ethiopian girls and some Sudani guys, but it's not the same.

I tried chatting up this Oromo girl and it was such a tiring effort hard carrying that conversation. I miss the banter and fun back and forth, Somalis are never boring conversationalists imo. Oh man I am incredibly home sick.

It's making me reconsider making a life of myself here. The few Somali girls here are very into the local culture and just claim to be something else. I'm in Qatar and one girl for example always said she's Qatari and I found out a while ago she was just naturalized.
ohhh ur in qatar ya habibi i have tons of question

how foes qatari ppl treat u? Like fellow arab or trash u down like they do with desi ppl

how life is qatar

what do u wear like khamis always?

r u rich there

what do u do for living
How long have u been into gulf

what part of qatar r u in rn

how many somalis live kn qatar

Abaq

VIP
You'll get over it with time and you'll slowly become less and less Somali. After a while, you will be unable to recognise your old self and you won't easily readjust to back home.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I am sorry i can't feel sorry for u. In Minnesota, Somalis....are to my left, right, north & south

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I live in London a cosmopolitan city so Zomaalis are everywhere. Wallahi I wish I lived in City where they wasn’t another Zoomaalis. They bring down our image. :snoop:

Focus on your studies. Try to join groups or make your own Somali student association.
Best of luck. I empathize with you and know how it feels to be the only Somali in some spaces. Maybe keep in touch with old friends back home.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Six month's ago I moved from Columbus, a city with 40k Somalis to small town in Oklahoma, a state with no Somalis.

This oilfield town I live has only 20,000 residents,less than 20 blacks,one Jordanian gas station owner,Indian family and white old Afghani women.

The first few months I felt the combination of lonesome, home sickness and a mild depressions, I thought I would miss loud Somalis and Ohio but living in state with no Somalis is like living like a hell.

Inshalah I am moving back out here next month,the first two months was horrible a but now I am used to it and could care less about Somalis and their Carnivorous,

No airport,train or bus station in this town and Isolated, it took 4-5 months for the first case to reach here, now we only have 3 cases and that is what every talk about.

Most of the residents on nere think the virus either a flu or hoax just because they haven't seen anyone die from it, 95 percent of them don't even wear a mask, it feel like a we live in Mars and wearing a mask is only for earth inhabitants. .:wow1:

Last edited:

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
my area doesn't have that many somalis and I live in North West were the largest somali population live

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Sometimes it's good not being around somalis. They are quite embarrassing the ones I have seen, lould, brainless, and dress like homeless people , and the way the eat will make you gag. I see them drinking juice while they have rice in their mouth .

Trending