Anyone else notice that women are always lighter than their men in relationships?

Like I find it actually rare to find a women in a relationship with a man lighter skinned than her. It seems like every relationship doesn’t matter the race, the dude is always darker.

Like I find it actually rare to find a women in a relationship with a man lighter skinned than her. It seems like every relationship doesn’t matter the race, the dude is always darker.
Yes it’s usually because the woman bleaches her skin. Or she avoids the sun. However she could just be naturally lighter than the man.

In most cases it’s the first two reasons.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It is false.

I've seen many dark skinned Somali women married to light skinned Somali men.

I am starting to see that some Somalis come from social circles that are obsessed with skin colour.

Alhamdulilah for my family, nobody gives a damn about this nor do my darkskinned female relatives bleach.

Even Indians (who are notorious for colourism) have outgrown this thinking.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Even Indians (who are notorious for colourism) have outgrown this thinking.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's embarrassing for people with melanin to worry about different shades. It makes me sick that thanks to self-haters, non-Africans think they can talk to us like we hate ourselves.

To my dismay and disgust, I have actually been "complimented" by Hindi and Arabs for being "light". They actually think we all hate dark skin and want to be light. I always tell them off and say that for Africans, dark skin is beautiful.

It's up to Africans and others with dark skin to control our own image and narrative. How on earth can a child of Africa not love dark skin in all its shades.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It's embarrassing for people with melanin to worry about different shades. Darker people who are beautiful always seem to have an extra special glow in my opinion and tend to age better.

Somali beauty is based on features and hair type anyway.

I think colonisation ruined the Somali opinion of beauty.

The fact is that the first president of Somalia was referred to as cadde and numerous Somalis of that generation are referred to as "Neero" which is black in Italian.

Also, the fascist-era Italians viewed Somalis as racially superior to the Bantus and seldom used Somalis for manual labour as a result.

I think colonisation ruined the Somali opinion of beauty.

The fact is that the first president of Somalia was referred to as cadde and numerous Somalis of that generation are referred to as "Neero" which is black in Italian.

Also, the fascist-era Italians viewed Somalis as racially superior to the Bantus and seldom used Somalis for manual labour as a result.

Maariin skintone, which is what the majority of Somalis are, was the standard of Somali beauty.
Then came colonialism and that disgusting Bollywood mess, now we have Asian tiktok/snapchat and you will notice Somalis back home, like to use lightening filters.

It's a sickness.

I'm Reddish Brown What Is That Called In Af Somali

giphy.gif

Trending

Latest posts