Any Somalis living in Ireland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

White

Sippin tea in yo hood. PS IM A DUDE
I'd imagine canadians wouldn't have an issue moving there with their prominent alcoholism

I've read there is less than 5000 in the country, mostly in Dublin the capital.
Racism is very rare here, although I remember a few years back it was very prevalent in low income areas but that has changed.

Quite the small community, must be tight knit. Ireland has lots of opportunities and you’re EU nationals too. I know a family that moved from there to England thanks to that.How are Somalis doing over there? Good to hear that their tolerant. I heard you have to baptise your child to enroll in to school there is it true?

Quite the small community, must be tight knit. Ireland has lots of opportunities and you’re EU nationals too. I know a family that moved from there to England thanks to that.How are Somalis doing over there? Good to hear that their tolerant. I heard you have to baptise your child to enroll in to school there is it true?

The whole baptism thing was only for a few ultra catholic schools and they made it illegal a few years back anyway. Most schools are catholic though and non uniforms school are rare and they are always the worst schools.
The community is very tight nit, we don't have any of that staying with your own qabiil BS it's just irrelevant here.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
The few who do dip to England once they get that sweet EU sharci.

The whole baptism thing was only for a few ultra catholic schools and they made it illegal a few years back anyway. Most schools are catholic though and non uniforms school are rare and they are always the worst schools.
The community is very tight nit, we don't have any of that staying with your own qabiil BS it's just irrelevant here.
:lawd: Good to hear. Somalis do well and unite in small communities.
Ermmm if most schools are Catholic, do they have Catholic ethos? This sounds similar to CoE schools in the uk.

The few who do dip to England once they get that sweet EU sharci.

Ireland is just as good as england economically, culturally it is much better. Although you are right many Somalis see that the Somali population here is not that high so they go to some majority Somali area in england.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
Ireland is just as good as england economically, culturally it is much better. Although you are right many Somalis see that the Somali population here is not that high so they go to some majority Somali area in england.

Are you in Ireland?

:lawd: Good to hear. Somalis do well and unite in small communities.
Ermmm if most schools are Catholic, do they have Catholic ethos? This sounds similar to CoE schools in the uk.

Nobody is forced to do anything relating to Catholic religion if they are not Catholic. During religion classes me and my muslim friends just do our Homework or read a book. The thing is though most Irish people are non-practising catholics, they don't go to church most of them can't even recite a single bible verse. The only shit part is having to learn the Irish language in school even though it's pretty much dead.

Nobody is forced to do anything relating to Catholic religion if they are not Catholic. During religion classes me and my muslim friends just do our Homework or read a book. The thing is though most Irish people are non-practising catholics, they don't go to church most of them can't even recite a single bible verse. The only shit part is having to learn the Irish language in school even though it's pretty much dead.
:ooh::ooh::ooh:
That’s ultra awesome. Even if it is dying you can help preserve it; it could help you have a colourful cv I mean how many people can say they know Gaelic:damnmusic:

@Somali Nationalist A while ago I watched this documentary about an Irish sport ( I don’t recall the name). The documentary was of a small town with an immigrant population of Asian and West Africans. Seems Ireland has a strict immigration policy, some ppl in the documentary were barred from work for years and lived off money given by the government I think

@Somali Nationalist A while ago I watched this documentary about an Irish sport ( I don’t recall the name). The documentary was of a small town with an immigrant population of Asian and West Africans. Seems Ireland has a strict immigration policy, some ppl in the documentary were barred from work for years and lived off money given by the government I think

The sport is called gaelic and its the national sport. When it comes to immigration the Irish government has got a stick up its ass sometimes because there are many west africans here.

Apollo

VIP
Only like 1,500.

But I think with Brexit, more EU Somalis will go there if they want to leave Europe for an English speaking country? Prediction.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
Only like 1,500.

But I think with Brexit, more EU Somalis will go there if they want to leave Europe for an English speaking country? Prediction.
No I think there’s more chance they’ll return back to their original host countries where they have more rights as citizens.
Although majority will remain in the uk under settled status.

Status
Not open for further replies.