Any somali billionaires ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT WAS HIS SOURCE OF WEALTH.

i believe a lot of somali men were as rich as him if not WAY RICHER THAN HIM, especially those from the landhere clans NO GONNA SAY NAMES

somali men are smart and so they hide their true wealth/net worth to not be vulnerable to the state or population.

THAT IBRAHIM GUY WAS PROBABLY WORTH MORE THAN 1.6 BILLION and he definitely was not the first somali billionaire, maybe the first public somali billionaire.

Doubt it.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
There aren’t that many billionaires in the whole of Africa. There is one Arab-Ethiopian mulato billionaire-Sheikh Almoudi.

There are at least 53. One for every African President other than Farmaajo.

There are at least 10 in Nigeria.

Nonsense. So he could sell his company for 1,6 billion??

The asset has to easy to sell.

All those worthless branches can’t be easily valued.
I think he’s worth tens of millions.

Black African Billionaires 2018 according to Forbes Magazine are as follows;

upload_2018-8-31_1-31-18.jpeg

Aliko Dangote, $14.1 billion. Nigerian, Sugar, Cement, Flour

upload_2018-8-31_1-48-56.jpeg

Mike Adenuga, $5.3 billion Nigerian, Oil

upload_2018-8-31_1-47-20.jpeg

Isabel Dos Santos, $2.6 billion Angolan, Investments

upload_2018-8-31_1-32-23.jpeg

Patrice Motsepe, $2.5 billion. South African, Mining

upload_2018-8-31_1-33-26.jpeg

Folorunsho Alakija, $1.7 billion Nigerian, Oil

upload_2018-8-31_1-34-16.jpeg

Strive Masiyiwa, $1.39 billion Zimbabwean, Telecoms

upload_2018-8-31_1-35-51.jpeg

Mohammed Ibrahim, $1.18 billion. (Sudanese) British, Mobile Telecoms, Investments

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2018/03/07/the-black-billionaires-2018/#142d73af5234

No Somali billionaires there, maybe, it is true, we are not considered blacks, therefore let's check African billionaires of all races.

https://www.forbes.com/africa-billionaires/list/#tab:overall

Oops, none. We have millionaires and not a billionaire.

The Lebanese dominate the list.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-31_1-35-12.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-31_1-35-12.jpeg
    1.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
It's hard to understand how fucking much money is a billion dollars. You could hqve your family live off that money for ten generations, and they'd still be sitting comfortably.

There was only one Somali billionaire in history and his name is Ibrahim Dheere but unfortunately, he passed away so AUN.

The tall man is Ibrahim Dheere.

ibraahim-dheere1.jpg

"The demise of Ibrahim Dheere is confirmed to be the richest Somali man in all Somali speaking territory ever in the history. According to the French Economist, he is the richest Somali with an estimated wealth of 1.6 billion US Dollars."

Here: https://wargane.com/2015/11/12/somaliland-ibrahim-dheere-tycoon-passes-away-in-djibouti.html
I am billionaire it's secret don't tell anyone!

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Forbes listed 23 last year and a couple are South Africans with Jewish-sounding names. African may steal millions but none are making billions.

Goes without saying that I was exaggerating but if they did steal billions Forbes wouldn't know about it.

Just look at all the resources worth hundreds of billions being mined and exported every year.

The gov could make a deal with those multinationals to exempt them from paying royalties to the government treasury in return for sending a fraction of the money they saved to their offshore bank accounts.

That's why African governments are cool with crappy oil deals ... 10-20% is considered normal for royalties... whilst it's much higher in the civilized world.

Really? Last time I checked he was in a Saudi prison.

Maraq

He was in the group of businessmen arrested with Prince Talal Bin Waleed at the 7 stars Ritz-Carlton Hotel. Didn't he pay the ransom money to MBS?

Saudi to release detained billionaire Mohammed Al Amoudi
On Friday, Ethiopia announced that Saudi Arabia had agreed to release 1,000 Ethiopian nationals
Saudi Arabia will soon release Mohammed Hussein Al Amoudi, an Ethiopian-born Saudi billionaire arrested in November during a crackdown on corruption, Ethiopia’s prime minister said.

Abiy Ahmed made the remarks late on Saturday after arriving from the Gulf kingdom, where he met Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman during a two-day visit.

Al Amoudi, a son of a Saudi father and an Ethiopian mother who has invested heavily in construction, agriculture and mining in the Horn of Africa country, was among 11 princes, four current ministers and top businessmen detained during the swoop by a new anti-corruption body.

http://gulfbusiness.com/saudi-release-detained-billionaire-mohammed-al-amoudi/

There are more millionaires in east African countries NOT including Somalia, more than there are in the west diaspora, which is very odd for me if u ask me. But u didn't ask me so I am going away! :)
Black African Billionaires 2018 according to Forbes Magazine are as follows;

View attachment 53296
Aliko Dangote, $14.1 billion. Nigerian, Sugar, Cement, Flour

View attachment 53304
Mike Adenuga, $5.3 billion Nigerian, Oil

View attachment 53303
Isabel Dos Santos, $2.6 billion Angolan, Investments

View attachment 53297
Patrice Motsepe, $2.5 billion. South African, Mining

View attachment 53298
Folorunsho Alakija, $1.7 billion Nigerian, Oil

View attachment 53299
Strive Masiyiwa, $1.39 billion Zimbabwean, Telecoms

View attachment 53301
Mohammed Ibrahim, $1.18 billion. (Sudanese) British, Mobile Telecoms, Investments

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2018/03/07/the-black-billionaires-2018/#142d73af5234

No Somali billionaires there, maybe, it is true, we are not considered blacks, therefore let's check African billionaires of all races.

https://www.forbes.com/africa-billionaires/list/#tab:overall

Oops, none. We have millionaires and not a billionaire.

The Lebanese dominate the list.

Tbh african should be producing more billionaires due to their resources but it's seem they can't do nothing with it that's why other people have taken over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending