Any somali atheists here going for an inerracial marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
Its hard finding a Somali atheist. I will have to marry a girl outside my race...

It's alright. That's pretty much the way of it, unless you get real lucky and find someone that shares your beliefs non-belief, which is unicorn-level rare. Best of luck!

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
I've fallen for women who weren't somali, so It's very possible I'll marry out. But I'm not atheist

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I'm actually currently dating a Somali Muslim. She's very liberal and she wants to be with me despite my Atheism. She doesn't care that I'm an Atheist.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
She's probably on the brink of atheism. Are you going to guide her to atheism?

Nope I won't. Out of respect for her. She's a Muslim and I respect that and she also respect that I am non Muslim. Two people can actually be compatible despite religious differences.

Nope I won't. Out of respect for her. She's a Muslim and I respect that and she also respect that I am non Muslim. Two people can actually be compatible despite religious differences.

Okay. But as a Muslim she cannot date/marry an atheist and compatability doesn't factor in. She doesn't care though and that's the only reason it works.

VixR

Veritas
Okay. But as a Muslim she cannot date/marry an atheist and compatability doesn't factor in. She doesn't care though and that's the only reason it works.

Compatibility does factor in, but at the same time, I think it can only work if one party or both parties doesn't practice as much.

I know a couple sorta like this, Christian man + Muslim girl, but they steer clear of each others' beliefs and aren't up in each others' grill about their separate religions. Still, neither of them are hyper-religious, either, for if they were they could not be. It tends to be extremely hard for most people to strike that balance.

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I'm actually currently dating a Somali Muslim. She's very liberal and she wants to be with me despite my Atheism. She doesn't care that I'm an Atheist.
See @Bahal , there is hope for you after all; no need to resort to "race traitornimo".
:chrisfreshhah:

VixR

Veritas
I never came across a female somali atheist. Do they exist? Other then those on TV.

I know one other besides myself, but she still transitioning out of hijab. It was easier for me, 'cuz I never wore it. Most, tho, even despite being atheist or agnostic, stay unpracticing Muslim-by-name.

I know one other besides myself, but she still transitioning out of hijab. It was easier for me, 'cuz I never wore it. Most, tho, even despite being atheist or agnostic, stay unpracticing Muslim-by-name.

Make sense, the risk of being outed as gaalo is dangerous. specially if u a female.

VixR

Veritas
Make sense, the risk of being outed as gaalo is dangerous. specially if u a female.

Yes, she got disowned. She went out-of-state for her Masters, but will never be coming back. A very bright, beautiful girl. I wasn't so unlucky as my parents aren't extreme, but it gets lonely since she was the only Somali girl I knew who was like me, despite being much older, which makes it so I now relate mostly to ajnabis. The religious practicing Somalis, including many of the girls and guys I knew and was friends with, treat you like an outcast but for a few.

Yes, she got disowned. She went out-of-state for her Masters, but will never be coming back. A very bright, beautiful girl. I wasn't so unlucky as my parents aren't extreme, but it gets lonely since she was the only Somali girl I knew who was like me, despite being much older, which makes it so I now relate mostly to ajnabis. The religious practicing Somalis, including many of the girls and guys I knew and was friends with, treat you like an outcast but for a few.

My stomach turns when i hear this. We are somali first, then whatever else should not matter. For me as a man, i have no issues really. But i don´t really preach my believes.

VixR

Veritas
My stomach turns when i hear this. We are somali first, then whatever else should not matter. For me as a man, i have no issues really. But i don´t really preach my believes.

Even the non-practicing ones, tbh. It's still shocking.

Yeah, I don't think it really matters as much when a guy disbelieves. You're an atheist?

Even the non-practicing ones, tbh. It's still shocking.

Yeah, I don't think it matters as much when a guy disbelieves. You're an atheist?

Yes, i am a atheist. i don´t really talk about it. i think you´re beliefs are should be personal, so i keep it to myself until people ask me.

VixR

Veritas
Yes, i am a atheist. i don´t really talk about it. i think you´re beliefs are should be personal, so i keep it to myself until people ask me.

I agree with that. But when you're around Muslims a lot, it'll eventually become apparent that you're not a practicing believer, especially if you were practicing before but then stopped. Questions will be asked, remarks will be made, and you'll try to explain yourself. The next thing you know, it's spread like wildfire. Honestly, it's easier when it's all out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending