Any of you guys into the MBTI?

Since you guys kept the thread alive I'll explain the next layer of the MBTI, the two types of temperaments:

1. Function Temperaments

ST types: The pragmatics

ST types predominately use their sense to connect to physical reality and their decision making is based on logic and is impersonal. They prefer to work in environments where emotional needs aren't a priority. They tend to prefer to think about things than people. (I'm a ST type, as I'm an ISTJ).

SF types: The sociable

SF types like the ST types are generally practical and down to earth, however they prefer to make decisions based on valuations. They care about doing what they consider as the right thing. Focused on people and grounded, they get along with others the most and seem to be very skilled on interpersonal relationships. They like to work in environments where other people will be involved, from medicine to sales.

NF types: The idealists

NF types, like SF types, focus on valuations when making decisions, but are less grounded in reality and focus more on the abstract and conceptual. Being more big picture perceivers, a lot of times they prefer to help people by looking at their issues in a deeper way. They prefer working on environments where they can make a difference in this way, such as academia or as a psychiatrist.

NT types: The rationalists

NT types are conceptual and abstract like the NF types, but are less interested in the interpersonal and more into systems and logic. They tend to focus on theoretical ideas and working on having a better understanding of things. They tend to prefer to work in environments where they can use this combination to fix systems in organizations or work in fields in academia.

2. Attitude Temperaments

EJ types: the organizers

EJ types are the most decisive. They prefer to use some sort of external criteria when making decisions. They like for others to follow the same criteria as them, whether it's based on rules or social norms. They tend to gravitate towards leadership positions, being responsible for these aspects of live. They're also driven and are more likely to do what they consider, needs to be done.

EP types: the explorers

EP types prefer to spot opportunities and external stimulation. They have a love for the new. Life shouldn't be super structured for these types, who prefer life be more open ended. Life is to be lived, and these types abide by that. Their thinking tends to also be fluid, which helps in aiding them in making decisions others wouldn't think of.

IJ types: the refiners

IJ types are structured like the EJs, but are more reserved and prefer to take on roles that allow them to focus on quality and refinement. Their inner lives tend to be chaotic, as it's based on perceptions, but this is contained by their extroverted rational functions. This process results in types that like to organize their inner thoughts for a more personalized life. When these types open up, their ideas can look strange to other more extroverted types.

IP types: the reflective types

IP types are less structured than IJ types, but their inner world is less chaotic and more structured, just less seen. These types need a code to live by and don't deviate from that code. They're generally more in their head, thinking through their experiences and how they think or feel about it. Their connection in the external world is based more on being flexible and adaptive, despite being far less so about their inner beliefs.

The next explanation will be on cognitive functions.

I done this before and got INFJ-A,

• Values close, deep relationships
This explains why I can count my closest friends on the one hand, luckily been blessed with a close bond with my siblings and cousins.

Shaygoosh

Dadkaan ahay waa Duriyad Saare iyo Dawolad! 👑
I’ve done these personality test before,

last I check I was a ENTJ-classified as the life of the party or so I’ve been told :manny:

Trending