Any of you guys ever feel traumatized after coming from Dhaqan Celis "Vacation"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so this was my experience I was in Kenya for 2 1/2 years because of problems at school, I was duped into it thinking we were going to live in the UK but we were only in South London (a.k.a THE GHEUTOOS) until I was told the day we were leaving that I was going to Ethiopia and then Kenya until who knows when. While we were going there my hooyo kept telling me that the kids there were so well behaved and I'd learn real disipline but in reality I was already pure and naive before leaving and came back bitter, angry and knowing things I really shouldn't have. I went to a 3 primary schools, the kids at the first one in South B were really nice and friendly and we all got along well and sang along to nasheeds on the bus rides home, I had a really good tutor and there was a dvd store I would go by to keep myself amused and I felt really safe. Things went downhill when we moved to Eastleigh, fucking Eastleigh that place was literally a shithole (the ground was muddy, if you ever go there try not to wear sandals) I went to two islamic schools there, one was dar al sunnah? they wore some big ass jilbabs in 30C weather, those jilbabs were like carrying weights I still have back problems because of it, and apparently that was the hotspot for western Somali parents to dump their kids because there were alot of kids who came from U.S, UK, Canada e.t.c at that shithole and the other one was pretty normal but I was the only kid from abroad so they pretty much treated me like shit and I got beat up a couple times. The worst part was the sexual harrasment and catcalling I got while walking around Eastleigh from both Somali and Ajnabi men even in front of my mom. It was disgusting because I was 14 that time and extremely innocent when it started happening but I grew really paranoid afterwards. This had never happened in Ethiopia, it was really peaceful walking around and nobody paid attention to you I loved it there and will go back sometime soon inshallah. But Kenya pretty much traumatized me. Anyone have any similar experiences, please share

I when to galkacyo 2015. Beautiful time. Met family. A war broke out between Pl and GM. The entire town fled to neighboring cities. All that were left were goats and gunmen. I refused to flee my home, after 10 years of being abroad. I lived off digir for 2 weeks I drank wiyeer. A friggin mortar hit the house behind me. Pl won and the city returned to normal after a month alxmd. I was 17 at the time. Definitely wasnt traumatizing, it was eye opening. I gained street cred from all the mooryaan kkk

I when to galkacyo 2015. Beautiful time. Met family. A war broke out between Pl and GM. The entire town fled to neighboring cities. All that were left were goats and gunmen. I refused to flee my home, after 10 years of being abroad. I lived off digir for 2 weeks I drank wiyeer. A friggin mortar hit the house behind me. Pl won and the city returned to normal after a month alxmd. I was 17 at the time. Definitely wasnt traumatizing, it was eye opening. I gained street cred from all the mooryaan kkk

Yeah I was there in 2013 ish?, there were alot of bombings going on back then there was one that happened about a block away, it was during the mall shooting incident. Definitely was traumatized

Karim

I could agree with you but then weโ€™d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Yeah I was there in 2013 ish?, there were alot of bombings going on back then there was one that happened about a block away, it was during the mall shooting incident. Definitely was traumatized
2013?!! Are you sure cause nothing major happened in Gaalkacyo in 2013.

2013?!! Are you sure cause nothing major happened in Gaalkacyo in 2013.

No I was in Nairobi this was during the mall shootings or it was the election or something and there were alot of bombings going off in eastleigh, never been to Somalia

Ok so this was my experience I was in Kenya for 2 1/2 years because of problems at school, I was duped into it thinking we were going to live in the UK but we were only in South London (a.k.a THE GHEUTOOS) until I was told the day we were leaving that I was going to Ethiopia and then Kenya until who knows when. While we were going there my hooyo kept telling me that the kids there were so well behaved and I'd learn real disipline but in reality I was already pure and naive before leaving and came back bitter, angry and knowing things I really shouldn't have. I went to a 3 primary schools, the kids at the first one in South B were really nice and friendly and we all got along well and sang along to nasheeds on the bus rides home, I had a really good tutor and there was a dvd store I would go by to keep myself amused and I felt really safe. Things went downhill when we moved to Eastleigh, fucking Eastleigh that place was literally a shithole (the ground was muddy, if you ever go there try not to wear sandals) I went to two islamic schools there, one was dar al sunnah? they wore some big ass jilbabs in 30C weather, those jilbabs were like carrying weights I still have back problems because of it, and apparently that was the hotspot for western Somali parents to dump their kids because there were alot of kids who came from U.S, UK, Canada e.t.c at that shithole and the other one was pretty normal but I was the only kid from abroad so they pretty much treated me like shit and I got beat up a couple times. The worst part was the sexual harrasment and catcalling I got while walking around Eastleigh from both Somali and Ajnabi men even in front of my mom. It was disgusting because I was 14 that time and extremely innocent when it started happening but I grew really paranoid afterwards. This had never happened in Ethiopia, it was really peaceful walking around and nobody paid attention to you I loved it there and will go back sometime soon inshallah. But Kenya pretty much traumatized me. Anyone have any similar experiences, please share

did going back change you ?

Dalmoor

Hiatusโœ… 1/18/21- ?
VIP
those jilbabs were like carrying weights I still have back problems because of it, and

Were they heavier than Kanye's costume? :patrice:
20190312_002936.jpg

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
You lost me at people catcalling you in front of your mom by yourself its believable but seriously :ulyin:

You lost me at people catcalling you in front of your mom by yourself its believable but seriously :ulyin:

Catcalling ah?! They'd grab me in front of my mom, they gave no f***s, even the macalins would try and hit on me (not with my mom there) and give me special treatment

That's terrible. I have never been in a situation like that, but I don't understand how something like this doesn't completely erode any trust you have in your parents.

No offense to your parents, but in my honest opinion, it's lazy parenting. If you cannot straighten your child out in the west, you can't just outsource it and trap them abroad hoping someone else will do your job for you. What's worse is how parents encourage each other into it.

Your case makes it much worse with the sexual harassment of a child and all. I have yet to hear any success stories.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
As someone who grew up in rural England, with no other Somalis, apart from my immediate family in sight, i would've loved dhaqan celis. In fact, my dad was gonna send me to Wajir in Kenya, to live with my Reer Abti, during my crazy teenage years, but never did. Such a shame.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
I went to Asaaru Sunnah :russ: A macalin there used to bite your finger if you were late or misbehaved.:drakelaugh:

I remember this one day I was on break I accidentally took a bite with my left hand. A Kenyan english macalin hit me with ruler so hard I almost pissed myself.:damn:To this day my family bring it up and laugh about that situation. :bell:

Eastleigh is a dirty place I prefer Koma Rock. Much cleaner than Eastleigh itโ€™s quiet compared to Eastleigh.

I went to Asaaru Sunnah :russ: A macalin there used to bite your finger if you were late or misbehaved.:drakelaugh:

I remember this one day I was on break I accidentally took a bite with my left hand. A Kenyan english macalin hit me with ruler so hard I almost pissed myself.:damn:To this day my family bring it up and laugh about that situation. :bell:

Eastleigh is a dirty place I prefer Koma Rock. Much cleaner than Eastleigh itโ€™s quiet compared to Eastleigh.

Apparently Eastleigh back in the day was the place to be, it had proper road management when the Indians were in charge of the area and shit. Somalis used to live in the areas the Asians would own, as they weren't considered Bantu. This was during colonial times. It when downhill after Somalis(from all walks of life) started to move there in droves after the civil war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts