Any of you guys ever feel traumatized after coming from Dhaqan Celis "Vacation"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did your dhaqan celis journey inspire in you to be grateful to Allah and to your parents for the opportunity they given you and appreciate the freedoms and the life you enjoy everyday ?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Ok so this was my experience I was in Kenya for 2 1/2 years because of problems at school, I was duped into it thinking we were going to live in the UK but we were only in South London (a.k.a THE GHEUTOOS) until I was told the day we were leaving that I was going to Ethiopia and then Kenya until who knows when. While we were going there my hooyo kept telling me that the kids there were so well behaved and I'd learn real disipline but in reality I was already pure and naive before leaving and came back bitter, angry and knowing things I really shouldn't have. I went to a 3 primary schools, the kids at the first one in South B were really nice and friendly and we all got along well and sang along to nasheeds on the bus rides home, I had a really good tutor and there was a dvd store I would go by to keep myself amused and I felt really safe. Things went downhill when we moved to Eastleigh, fucking Eastleigh that place was literally a shithole (the ground was muddy, if you ever go there try not to wear sandals) I went to two islamic schools there, one was dar al sunnah? they wore some big ass jilbabs in 30C weather, those jilbabs were like carrying weights I still have back problems because of it, and apparently that was the hotspot for western Somali parents to dump their kids because there were alot of kids who came from U.S, UK, Canada e.t.c at that shithole and the other one was pretty normal but I was the only kid from abroad so they pretty much treated me like shit and I got beat up a couple times. The worst part was the sexual harrasment and catcalling I got while walking around Eastleigh from both Somali and Ajnabi men even in front of my mom. It was disgusting because I was 14 that time and extremely innocent when it started happening but I grew really paranoid afterwards. This had never happened in Ethiopia, it was really peaceful walking around and nobody paid attention to you I loved it there and will go back sometime soon inshallah. But Kenya pretty much traumatized me. Anyone have any similar experiences, please share

Sweety I am sure a lot of kids share your experience. Thank your God that you have Parents who love you and protect u. Being pure & innocent makes u dumb and unprepared for this harsh world. U need life experience. PANG!! BOOM! U need to wake up, be traumatized, let your brains adapt and make u more clever, stronger, and cunning to face this world. Good luck

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
I was sent to somalia and I went to a boarding school, I used to hang around with the kids from diaspora. I remember there was this hawiye kid and everyone called him ”Aboow” because he was blick and talking reer xamar language :pachah1:
I never came across any problems because i had the moryaans from mudug on my side:lolbron:@Crow @GBTarmy

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I don’t believe dhaqan Celis really works the parents should spend more time with their kids and displince them from a young age cause by the time the kid is 13-15 it’s already too late

Did your dhaqan celis journey inspire in you to be grateful to Allah and to your parents for the opportunity they given you and appreciate the freedoms and the life you enjoy everyday ?

Being honest? Religious wise I actually stopped believing a little until I came back and started going to lectures. But I definetly learned to appreciate the privilege we experience living in the diaspora.

I went to Asaaru Sunnah :russ: A macalin there used to bite your finger if you were late or misbehaved.:drakelaugh:

I remember this one day I was on break I accidentally took a bite with my left hand. A Kenyan english macalin hit me with ruler so hard I almost pissed myself.:damn:To this day my family bring it up and laugh about that situation. :bell:

Eastleigh is a dirty place I prefer Koma Rock. Much cleaner than Eastleigh it’s quiet compared to Eastleigh.

Is Koma rock in South C? Anyway I never saw that, the teachers used to hit us with the handle from the laundry soap, I never felt so much pain in my life . . .

That's terrible. I have never been in a situation like that, but I don't understand how something like this doesn't completely erode any trust you have in your parents.

No offense to your parents, but in my honest opinion, it's lazy parenting. If you cannot straighten your child out in the west, you can't just outsource it and trap them abroad hoping someone else will do your job for you. What's worse is how parents encourage each other into it.

Your case makes it much worse with the sexual harassment of a child and all. I have yet to hear any success stories.

Alhamdulilah I have a mom who only wishes the best for me but I feel like maybe thats the only way Somali parents really know how to do things, I feel like they also get overwhelmed living here after a while and decide we need to experience life back home which is fine but I think teaching them life lessons and showing them more of theyre culture and language and deen is good but I think it has to be done properly especially with young girls

Cityviews

The Prodigy
I never went on Dhaqan Celis because my parents loved me obviously , unlike you all :ulyin:.

BUT as a late teen I fufilled my dads wish of seeing Africa ( he told me this as a small child, to never die without seeing Africa) so I bought my own ticket and my family went to Africa. I was there for like 3 to 4 months. I saw Djibouti, Ethiopia and Northern Somalia.

I can safely say the experience changed me as a person and marked the end of my teen years . It was the experience of a Lifetime I think only Hajj can top.

I learned that I have to try and make back home a better place for good people , because if I was in their situation , I’d want someone to help me too. I came back a different person.

Is back home fucked up YES, but we can try and make it better inshallah , especially for women.

I went to Asaaru Sunnah :russ: A macalin there used to bite your finger if you were late or misbehaved.:drakelaugh:

I remember this one day I was on break I accidentally took a bite with my left hand. A Kenyan english macalin hit me with ruler so hard I almost pissed myself.:damn:To this day my family bring it up and laugh about that situation. :bell:

Eastleigh is a dirty place I prefer Koma Rock. Much cleaner than Eastleigh it’s quiet compared to Eastleigh.
Eastleigh is an abomination on this earth and should be nuked from existence

Yes, intellectually I've grown more street smart I've learnt better studying habits but it also turned me into more of a quiet, paranoid person from the lively talkative innocent person
Somalia makes you weary of everyone you come back reserved and counting your words thinking before you speak. You come back aware of your surroundings and less naive.

Been ke? You dont know me or experienced my life oof.
From your tales. You started believing less after going to Nairobi. Your iman was weak in the beginning and is still weak.
What possible reasonable reason can you come up for believing less in Allah. For discarding the hijab.
:faysalwtf:

From your tales. You started believing less after going to Nairobi. Your iman was weak in the beginning and is still weak.
What possible reasonable reason can you come up for believing less in Allah. For discarding the hijab.
:faysalwtf:

Look warya, you obviously dont know how to read well enough. I said I USED TO stop believing and have since grown closer to allah, there are plenty of girls in hijab who do so many disgraceful things but are still seen as closer to their deen than girls without hijab so whats your point? who are you to judge? Is your iman weak? If you say yes, you need to reevaluate YOURSELF instead of sitting here trying to TELL someone how weak their faith is. NEXT!

Look warya, you obviously dont know how to read well enough. I said I USED TO stop believing and have since grown closer to allah, there are plenty of girls in hijab who do so many disgraceful things but are still seen as closer to their deen than girls without hijab so whats your point? who are you to judge? Is your iman weak? If you say yes, you need to reevaluate YOURSELF instead of sitting here trying to TELL someone how weak their faith is. NEXT!
That arguement that there are bad girls with hijab is fucking useless. What is your reason for not wearing the hijab. There will never be a valid reason. Ever.
Your iman is weak if you cant wear the hijab. As for bad girls wearing the hijab i cant judge based on appearance as for you wey ka muuqata imaan laanta

Nin-culus

Laandheer
I was never sent for dhaqan celis. I wish my parents did.

Wallahi I 100% agree I wish my parents did the same in my teens. That would’ve made me more wary and not so hasty. Unfortunately, It’s too late now as I already had a near death experience which changed my whole existence. Nonetheless life goes on.

That arguement that there are bad girls with hijab is fucking useless. What is your reason for not wearing the hijab. There will never be a valid reason. Ever.
Your iman is weak if you cant wear the hijab. As for bad girls wearing the hijab i cant judge based on appearance as for you wey ka muuqata imaan laanta

Ok so you cant judge them for theyre appearance but want to judge me for mine? Please focus on yourself and your deen, by telling someone about theyre deen and trying to speak like you dictate islam is a sin in itself. You need to focus on praying salat 5 times a day before angrily telling other women what they can and cant do. OK?

Ok so you cant judge them for theyre appearance but want to judge me for mine? Please focus on yourself and your deen, by telling someone about theyre deen and trying to speak like you dictate islam is a sin in itself. You need to focus on praying salat 5 times a day before angrily telling other women what they can and cant do. OK?
Again. You said you dont wear a Hijab. Why??? And yes i can judge what i see. And by you not wearing a hijab your iman displayed is very weak.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Again. You said you dont wear a Hijab. Why??? And yes i can judge what i see. And by you not wearing a hijab your iman displayed is very weak.

It's peoples choice how they dress, all you can do is advise them, if they don't take that advise, make dual for them and mind your own instead of judging

Status
Not open for further replies.