Any ideas what I should cook for my somalian husband?

Hello everyone!
So me and my husband live in Switzerland and it has been a long time since he's been in Somalia. I'm trying my best to cook somalian dishes. I try different things such as Bariis iskukaris, sabaayad, canjero, muufo, sugo suqaar and more. I am getting tired of cooking spaghetti and bariis all the time. I'm sure there's more amazing recipes. I wanted to ask you guys if you have any other food ideas and maybe recipes? My husband is from Mongadishu. Maybe something from there? Thanks in advance!

"somalian husband"

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

Very nice of you I’ve realised it’s always always Swiss and Scandinavian people that actually take the time to Learn about other peoples culture .
Ps : it’s Somali not Somalian also you spelt Mogadishu wrong and there

Hello everyone!
So me and my husband live in Switzerland and it has been a long time since he's been in Somalia. I'm trying my best to cook somalian dishes. I try different things such as Bariis iskukaris, sabaayad, canjero, muufo, sugo suqaar and more. I am getting tired of cooking spaghetti and bariis all the time. I'm sure there's more amazing recipes. I wanted to ask you guys if you have any other food ideas and maybe recipes? My husband is from Mongadishu. Maybe something from there? Thanks in advance!
There are some great yt channels. This gentleman makes some of the finest traditional Somali food in his restaurant, Cad & Caano, in Xamar. He and his wife run the restaurant. I ate there a few times. Check his channel out for some original ideas.

And this is a great channel, as it shares the recipe, and their selection of Oud music is brilliant.

Postscript:
Please note, it is Somali food, a Somali husband etc, no such thing as Somalian.

Last edited:

Trending