Anti-vaccine? No free health-care

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It's not just addiction. You voluntary start smoking, and on the packet it tells you you'll get addicted and cancer.

There are other areas where people engage in high risk activities like rock climbing or riding a bike ect. There's many areas of this.

Why should people who refuse vaccine be the one to "voluntarily" forgoe healthcare they paid for. Are you willing to reimburse people for "volunteering".

A lot of people, if not most, started smoking before the warnings were even prevalent.

Those that ride bikes or go rock climbing will only harm themselves. I responded to this exact same point in my last response to you.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
What are you on about?

Not all people who don't take the vaccine go out carelessly. Some of us try to keep ourselves safe by social distancing and staying away from populated areas.

Health care workers ought to do their jobs. If it becomes to much for them let them take a break or something. Nobody is forcing them except to take the vaccine.

If you are willing to fear monger to get others to take the vaccine maybe you ought to check your stance for a bit and reflect to why you need to do that

No one is fear mongering here.

My point is, if you are willing going to disobey health advice and potentially put your country at risk because of your opinions on "scamdemic" or "the rushed vaccine", then going to use health care is just hypocrisy.

You did not want health care when it came to Covid which impacted everyone but want help from them after?

Stick to your stance and opt out. I am not forcing anyone, I am saying if I was an anti-vaxxer, I would stick to my beliefs and voluntarily opt out.

They are obviously not included in my point.
So you want to even sort out the antivax based on political position. You essentially want to persecute a particular people. This has nothing to do with vaccine or the pandemic. Damn that is so tyrannical.

A lot of people, if not most, started smoking before the warnings were even prevalent.

Those that ride bikes or go rock climbing will only harm themselves. I responded to this exact same point in my last response to you.
People start smoking every day right now. And people have known you get cancer for decades.

They ones who don't want the vaccine are also harming themselves. If you got the vaccine it's none of your problem.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
So you want to even sort out the antivax based on political position. You essentially want to persecute a particular people. This has nothing to do with vaccine or the pandemic. Damn that is so tyrannical.

Who said anything about persecuting.

I said they should voluntarily do it. If a government forces them to choose between a vaccine or no health-care, I would disagree feverently.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

I will repeat my statement again.

If you are a person who is anti-vaccination advocate, you should voluntarily opt-out of public health care. If you really believe what you say then do it.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
People start smoking every day right now. And people have known you get cancer for decades.

They ones who don't want the vaccine are also harming themselves. If you got the vaccine it's none of your problem.

They are harming everyone by not getting the vaccine.

You live in a country with over 60% vaccinations, I live in one with less than 15% and is in lockdown atm with our most populous state having higher case numbers right now than any other point in the pandemic.

I read that the army has been deployed in Australia, are they holding you at gunpoint?
As an American, I believe in the word free, I did miss out on the free land and labour part.

They are harming everyone by not getting the vaccine.

You live in a country with over 60% vaccinations, I live in one with less than 15% and is in lockdown atm with our most populous state having higher case numbers right now than any other point in the pandemic.
They are harming themselves. You got the vaccine you have nothing to worry about.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I explicitly said this does not apply to people that are exempted.

This applies to people who are virulent in their anti-vaccination rhetoric.

Also, this is not forced. I said they should voluntarily waive their right to health-care if they are so willing to disregard health advice.

No one would voluntarily waiver their rights to healthcare. That would be a blatant no from everyone except for the suicidal. You give them an inch they take a mile. They could extend it to refusal to treat.
giphy.gif

Why back something half-way? Go the full distance and show your commitment to your belief.
You don't back something half-way. You're all in until something life altering happens, shattering the old paradigm of 'I respond just like the mean' shifting it to 'damn I am an odd data point aka outlier.' When something hits close to home (be it anecdotal) it can change people indefinitely.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
No one would voluntarily waiver their rights to healthcare. That would be a blatant no from everyone except for the suicidal. You give them an inch they take a mile. They could extend it to refusal to treat.

Firstly, I have said many times on this thread that I am against refusal to treat.

You don't back something half-way. You're all in until something life altering happens, shattering the old paradigm of 'I don't respond like the mean' shifting it to "damn I am an odd data point aka outlier." When something hits close to home (be it anecdotal) it can change people indefinitely.

I mean, well yes.

I am sure you are smart enough to understand my point now after writing this.

:cheers1:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
They are harming themselves. You got the vaccine you have nothing to worry about.

No, I genuinely cannot in my country because of the ineptitude of my government.

There are people genuinely begging for the vaccine in Australia and are unable to get it. I know friends calling different hospitals trying to get almost-expired vaccines or vaccines of people who missed appointments.

Meanwhile our lockdowns are getting extended because thousands of people are protesting without masks while the Delta variant is running rampant.

Just to think a few months ago, we were ahead of everyone on Covid. That's what happens when every other country vaccinates and one does not.

No, I genuinely cannot in my country because of the ineptitude of my government.

There are people genuinely begging for the vaccine in Australia and are unable to get it.

Meanwhile our lockdowns are getting extended because thousands of people are protesting without masks while the Delta variant is running rampant.

Just to think a few months ago, we were ahead of everyone on Covid. That's what happens when every other country vaccinates and one does not.
If people are begging for vaccine and they cannot get it, why not prioritise giving it to them instead of trying to force the ones that don't want it :what1:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I read that the army has been deployed in Australia, are they holding you at gunpoint?
As an American, I believe in the word free, I did miss out on the free land and labour part.

As I said, if you do not have a public health care system. Do not come onto this thread.

I would rather pull Siyaad Barre's corpse out of the ground for his opinion than ask an American, at least Barre had a public healthcare system.

As for the military, they're only knocking on people who tested positive. Since the lockdown protests, this outbreak in Sydney is worse than the initial coronavirus outbreak and more deadly. Purely because we are probably the least vaccinated developed country.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
If people are begging for vaccine and they cannot get it, why not prioritise giving it to them instead of trying to force the ones that don't want it :what1:

I don't know, I mean I know their reasoning but its stupid.

Australia produces AZ vaccine because one of the minister's got a good deal on it but the government does not want to give AZ to under 65's.

Pfizer is imported but the government barely had any. Funnily enough Pfizer offered us to be the first country to get their vaccines but we refused, so they went to Israel.

Literally, our former prime minister had to call Pfizer to snitch on our dowlad. Now we are getting a few million doses but it will take ages to start the vaccination process properly.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
No one is fear mongering here.

My point is, if you are willing going to disobey health advice and potentially put your country at risk because of your opinions on "scamdemic" or "the rushed vaccine", then going to use health care is just hypocrisy.

You did not want health care when it came to Covid which impacted everyone but want help from them after?

Stick to your stance and opt out. I am not forcing anyone, I am saying if I was an anti-vaxxer, I would stick to my beliefs and voluntarily opt out.

Do you know what health care advice used to be?

Smoking is not bad for you smh.

If you believe everything you hear haye but don't paint us critically thinking people as some kind of crazy people.

I don't care if covid came from an lab or is natural. I know that china used it to f*ck up the world. So either way stay safe out there.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Nice try, my mother hasn't been a nurse for almost 20 years since she was in the MENA.

Also, nice retort. I am sure that made you feel really special about yourself saying that.

:mjlol:

Yuh some pandemic you are what I consider Perfectly Programmed Person someone who has been completely blue pilled Enjoy Daddy government slappin dat ass :deadpeter:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Smoking is not bad for you smh.

If you believe everything you hear haye but don't paint us critically thinking people as some kind of crazy people.

Are you really going to compare this vaccine to smoking?

And call yourself a critical thinker?

I will come back to your posts. I did not respond to some but best believe I will respond in a few hours after I sleep.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I am going to go pray fajr and go to sleep, probably look at some other threads also.

I realise I have not given proper responses, forgive me as I am pretty tired.

I will respond in kind tomorrow. @TekNiKo @Eggman @Diaspora ambassador and whoever else, sorry I forget.

Watch this space.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Are you really going to compare this vaccine to smoking?

And call yourself a critical thinker?

I will come back to your posts. I did not respond to some but best believe I will respond in a few hours after I sleep.

I am just giving you an example in which they got it all wrong and why lacag that is why. So yeah it happened before multiple times and it will happen again. No need to change history by saying they got an reputation to keep up. Since they do get away with it. Same goes for climate change and all other major profitable things in this world. If you want to keep ignorant about it fine. However us people who think a bit will not smh.

I don't know, I mean I know their reasoning but its stupid.

Australia produces AZ vaccine because one of the minister's got a good deal on it but the government does not want to give AZ to under 65's.

Pfizer is imported but the government barely had any. Funnily enough Pfizer offered us to be the first country to get their vaccines but we refused, so they went to Israel.

Literally, our former prime minister had to call Pfizer to snitch on our dowlad. Now we are getting a few million doses but it will take ages to start the vaccination process properly.
So you don't even have enough vaccines :heh::drakelaugh:

You are trying to force something you don't even have.