Another OCHA Map

Kismayo plots are 18m by 18m, 12m by 12m. The city is densely populated with no proper planning. That's why roads and other infrastructure is hard to come by. I worked there. The current mayor is brought in so he can negotiate/force people to atleast give some land for paved roads and drainage. I don't know about other cities BuT Mogadishu (Medina districts) has the best urban planning with spacious residential settlements. 20m by 20m plots and roads on both sides of every 2 adjacent plots.
Kismayo needs to be dismantled and proper city planning done, otherwise it will never be able to develop. Calanley, Shaqalaha, Fanoole(iskufilan side) needs restructuring. Daab yaambo and Kiboora needs to be resettled elsewhere.
I'm not here for FKD, I want my city to develop and have access to basic infrastructure.
Peace.

Kismayo plots are 18m by 18m, 12m by 12m. The city is densely populated with no proper planning. That's why roads and other infrastructure is hard to come by. I worked there. The current mayor is brought in so he can negotiate/force people to atleast give some land for paved roads and drainage. I don't know about other cities BuT Mogadishu (Medina districts) has the best urban planning with spacious residential settlements. 20m by 20m plots and roads on both sides of every 2 adjacent plots.
Kismayo needs to be dismantled and proper city planning done, otherwise it will never be able to develop. Calanley, Shaqalaha, Fanoole(iskufilan side) needs restructuring. Daab yaambo and Kiboora needs to be resettled elsewhere.
I'm not here for FKD, I want my city to develop and have access to basic infrastructure.
Peace.
There is no city in Somalia, that have better town plans than Burco, it's second to none. The dimensions of the land are as follows: 24m by 24m, 24m by 18m, 18m by 12m and 12m by 12m. Also the roads in Burco are like this: roads, 36m wide, roads 24m wide, roads 18m wide.
1687843953435.png

1687843876180.png

1687844036446.png

1687844253926.png

KismayoView attachment 280762
Baidoa
View attachment 280763

Baidoa is obviously way bigger than Kismayo, the only real competition it has in Somalia is Burco
I respect Baidoa but this map look more exaggerate than it's actual size. Also 50% of this city are IDPs. It's not fair to compete with Burco, a well planned city with better roads, advanced water supply systems and more. The only thing that Burco is lack, is a proper international airport, this will be done in the upcoming years IA.

Also major road linking Burco and Hargeisa via Oodweyne is approved by African Development Bank, construction will start this year.

There is no city in Somalia, that have better town plans than Burco, it's second to none. The dimensions of the land are as follows: 24m by 24m, 24m by 18m, 18m by 12m and 12m by 12m. Also the roads in Burco are like this: roads, 36m wide, roads 24m wide, roads 18m wide.
View attachment 280847
View attachment 280846
View attachment 280848
View attachment 280851
I have never been to Berbera so I can't comment. If it is planned nicely they will benefit from it, in terms of infrastructure and utilities.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP

Trending