Another OCHA Map

Another OCHA map has been released, but only this time it has been used by the FGS in a document regarding national infrastructure.

Berbera = 100,000 - 1 million

Borama, Garowe, Beledweyne = 10,000 - 100,000

:mjlol:
Screenshot_20230626_011931_Docs.jpg

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Does it have over a million? i heard Bosaso and Beledweyne are up there too.

Only Mogadishu and Hargeisa are above 1 million.
Burco or Baidoa. There is no other competition. Burco is twice the size of Kismayo and Baidoa is 80% larger than Kismayo. Kismayo is very small, its smaller than Gaalkacyo and Borama.
Land area ≠ population. Having a larger footprint does not mean a larger population.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Kismayo
68682752-5181-48A5-93D7-D2E021A7A461.jpeg

Baidoa
0BCE132B-8CA4-4A97-BC10-DE8FA9284A72.jpeg

Baidoa is obviously way bigger than Kismayo, the only real competition it has in Somalia is Burco

Last edited:
Only Mogadishu and Hargeisa are above 1 million.

Land area ≠ population. Having a larger footprint does not mean a larger population.
What do you think is the population of Kismayo then? We need numbers, what is the city's population density per km²/mi²? Without stats you are not making any tangible arguments.

Becareful with numbers though, you on the other day dropped these figures.
1687800563058.png

1687800629768.png

1,347,075 people in an area of 31.4 km². That gives the IDP camps a density of 42,900 ppl per km². For context these are the most densely populated cities on the globe.
Screenshot_20230626_204104_Gallery.jpg

So for your numbers to add up, you have to convince us that the IDP camps at outskirts of Xamar have the highest population density on the planet.

:draketf:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Without numbers, it all sounds like cope.
200.gif

You could write a simple script in Google Open Buildings to count the number of buildings. use Chat GPT if you're unable to code. I'm too lazy.

Number of buildings more closely corresponds to population than land area does.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
i’m convinced you’re not that smart 😂
Right and your cousin here trying to convince us Kismayo has a larger population than a city double it’s size + Second largest IDP population in the country is the smart one:drakelaugh:

Go back to the general section

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP
Right and your cousin here trying to convince us Kismayo has a larger population than a city double it’s size + Second largest IDP population in the country is the smart one:drakelaugh:

Go back to the general section
Hey my tuulo is bigger than baido 😂
Mr unuka leh

Trending