Another low for Hormuud monopoly, tuktuks are BANNED in Xamar

Abaq

VIP
Hormuud recently launched their own version of Uber in Xamar called Dhaweeye. Now this app has been getting stiff competition from the existing tuktuks who are much more cheaper and convenient. So what do our favourite Hutupreneurs do? They used their puppets in government to BAN tuktuks from operating at night. And the excuse is tuktuks working at night contribute to "dhaqan xumo". Soon, they will make an excuse to ban them during the day as well. Just read this farcical article:

Based

VIP
I feel awful for the bijaajley who work for their families i hope the government find alternative jobs for them if it is ever banned. Also how does this dhaweeye app work when they ask for address?

I feel awful for the bijaajley who work for their families i hope the government find alternative jobs for them if it is ever banned. Also how does this dhaweeye app work when they ask for address?
They probably have a texting feature to describe the street in the area

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Somalia needs large corporations that can be regulated tbh.

I am a fan of big monopolies like in China. It’s much easier to create jobs, get investment from foreign countries and mass build infrastructure. Economies of scale. But we of course do need eventually a government that regulates them

I am a fan of big monopolies like in China. It’s much easier to create jobs, get investment from foreign countries and mass build. But we of course do need eventually a government that regulates them
Early monopolisation in developing countries is basically like state owned assets. There will be a lack of innovation and quality. Nothing good comes out of it

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Early monopolisation in developing countries is basically like state owned assets. There will be a lack of innovation and quality. Nothing good comes out of it
We’ll see. It’s better we try something that will increase our economies of scale. It’s much more easier to direct and reform big companies with regulation than smaller one’s. Tuktuk drivers for example are notoriously dangerous and their vehicles are not built to safe standards.

Licensed Uber drivers might turn Hormuud into a monopoly but you’ll see improved road safety as they’ll be licensed, have road safe cars and also will see better standards for customers.

Also it’ll be in Hormuud’s benefit to build more roads which usually are only financed by the government. There’ll be an incentive for Hormuud to build roads on their busiest routes

3LetterzMM

LG gang we gon slide for my nigga 🤐🥷
Very stupid idea all they’re doing is putting a f*ck ton of people out of jobs. If you want driving in Somalia to be safe you should make laws for drivers and enforce them with fines. Bajaaj isn’t the problem when it’s every single vehicle driving like a retard.

You ban one of the biggest professions that the youth work in and then wonder why they turn to al shabaab.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Hormuud recently launched their own version of Uber in Xamar called Dhaweeye. Now this app has been getting stiff competition from the existing tuktuks who are much more cheaper and convenient. So what do our favourite Hutupreneurs do? They used their puppets in government to BAN tuktuks from operating at night. And the excuse is tuktuks working at night contribute to "dhaqan xumo". Soon, they will make an excuse to ban them during the day as well. Just read this farcical article:

I feel sorry for hard working bajaaj drivers, night time is when majority of women and khat chewers go out. They will lose alot of business to an already billion dollar company

HSM govt is very corrupt:ivers:

World

VIP

I am a fan of big monopolies like in China. It’s much easier to create jobs, get investment from foreign countries and mass build infrastructure. Economies of scale. But we of course do need eventually a government that regulates them
No, those are state owned companies.

What we are seeing is a corporatocracy being formed, like in America. Hormuud controlling the government and forcing them to make things illegal so that they can profit and form a monopoly. The livelihood of tens of thousands of people are at risk.

Hehe the people who want Hormuud dismantled on this forum, happen all to hail from certain demographic.:icon lol:

We are for pure competition and anti-monopoly. Take off your dooro glasses, come to the good side eebow.
Come Austin Powers GIF

We are for pure competition and anti-monopoly. Take off your dooro glasses, come to the good side eebow.
Come Austin Powers GIF

Some people would rather lick the feet of a criminal enterprise that only benefits a few businessmen than to side with the average miskeen who is trying to feed his family. Companies like Hormuud get away with their evil antics, because their clansmen will defend them.

Shaygoosh

Dadkaan ahay waa Duriyad Saare iyo Dawolad! 👑
I hope the government has thought this ban through and how it will impact these drivers, their families and monthly taxes. It’s alright to have religious doubts but it’s another to make a hasty nightly ban on these drivers without finding a solution to those gravely impacted by it. The average Tuktuk driver earns “ $2-5 a day” and then there’s “Each tuk-tuk currently pays a $15 tax every month”. Cutting their hours and expecting to still receive $15.00 in taxes every month is inadequate for a lack of better term.

We know that the peripheral communities of Soomalia Italiana are jealous of Hormuud a company built by the central community aka beesha dhexe Somalia Italiana but restrictions on cempetition wrong if some of these hateful/qabiilist peripherals are telling the truth

bidenkulaha

GalYare
We know that the peripheral communities of Soomalia Italiana are jealous of Hormuud a company built by the central community aka beesha dhexe but monopoly is not right if some of these peripherals are telling the truth
Monopolies are not bad. We just need regulation and Public-Private partnership to quickly develop Somalia. Government sets out goal, secures loans and encourages foreign investment, companies like Hormuud then develop.

Hormuud has business in Somaliland too which you’re forgetting

cow

VIP
Madoobe let hormuud in kismaayo. They are now heavily investing inside kismaayo. Soon it will be like mogadishu if madoobe is not kicked out