Angelina Come in

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@Angelina

Check out this Libyan culture .Its a long video but watch at 25:00 onwards. A libyan traditional wedding. The women are building the wedding tent and the men are perfectly seated in their fancy traditional attires. Why is arab/muslim culture- women seen as strong and handy yet the west culture of Rome--women are seen as delicate flowers? Or is it that the Romans are stronger men than the berbers or the arabs or the Somalis??? looooooooooooooooooooooooooll

The tall handsome white blonde man narrating the documentary said it in a very Judgy tone. loooooooooool

I don't think its a case of East vs West, but Bedouin/Nomad vs Agricultural and city societies. Arab women from the city were hardly expected to do any heavy lifting.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I don't think its a case of East vs West, but Bedouin/Nomad vs Agricultural and city societies. Arab women from the city were hardly expected to do any heavy lifting.

Thats true. But still i think the concept of womanhood should be universal? Correct? Bedouin or Nomad it does not matter. I guess Viking women were stronger and did a lot too. It all depends how savage u r loool

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Roman women who were rural or poor wouldn't have been chilling around being taken care of either. A harsh life and environment demands hardy people, both men and women. There are no free rides in rural life.

Take Somali nomads, as an example. The women are responsible for the setting up of tents but also for the rearing of the children as well as the smaller livestock like goats and sheep whilst the men had to handle the larger livestock like cattle, camels and horses, also handle trade and violent disputes or raiding and particularly take the boys under their wing when they were old enough and pass on all of this. It's a harsh life, everyone has to pitch in something.

In settled city life, especially among the elites, a dynamic where the woman is coddled and treated like a trophy who at best takes care of the children can more easily arise. It's even more different with Hunter-Gatherers as I've pointed out in the past. There are entire Anthropology books on this stuff and why these dynamics surface, eedo. Kinda hard to boil down it down into simplistic notions like east and west.

Thats true. But still i think the concept of womanhood should be universal? Correct? Bedouin or Nomad it does not matter. I guess Viking women were stronger and did a lot too. It all depends how savage u r loool

Many aspects of womanhood are indeed universal, but not femininity. I'm not one of those feminists who believe that gender behavior is purely social, however there is an element of truth. In Nomadic societies its the women that would set up the tent or even ariish (traditional Somali accomadation). In other cultures and groups, women doing such a thing is seen as unbecoming. So clearly every society has its own agreement (usually what the men think) of what is feminine and what isn't when it comes to some things.

Also, interestingly, cooking is seen as a woman's job, yet all the top chiefs that make top $ are suprise suprise men. That is why when men say that its a woman's job to cook and that women shouldn't work I find it hilarious. Women, well poorer and nomadic women have always worked throughout history. Women working is only now an issue because women are now being paid for their labor. Also, men have no issues cooking as long as they're getting paid for it. Funnily enough once they're getting paid for it, they can outcook a lot of women.

Last edited:
Roman women who were rural or poor wouldn't have been chilling around being taken care of either. A harsh life and environment demands hardy people, both men and women. There are no free rides in rural life.

Take Somali nomads, as an example. The women are responsible for the setting up of tents but also for the rearing of the children as well as the smaller livestock like goats and sheep whilst the men had to handle the larger livestock like cattle, camels and horses, also handle trade and violent disputes or raiding and particularly take the boys under their wing when they were old enough and pass on all of this. It's a harsh life, everyone has to pitch in something.

In settled city life, especially among the elites, a dynamic where the woman is coddled and treated like a trophy who at best takes care of the children can more easily arise. It's even more different with Hunter-Gatherers as I've pointed out in the past. There are entire Anthropology books on this stuff and why these dynamics surface, eedo. Kinda hard to boil down it down into simplistic notions like east and west.

Women in settled city life historically didn't have a 'free' ride either. They had no freedom of movement, no right to property, inheritance, no rights to their bodies due to forced marriages ect. They were practically stripped of any autonomy and were at the mercy of their menfolk and only a little bit above a slave. In Nomadic societies, there were slight freedoms and rights for women despite it being very limited.

Last edited:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Many aspects of womanhood are indeed universal, but not femininity. I'm not one of those feminists who believe that gender behavior is purely social, however there is an element of truth. In Nomadic societies its the women that would set up the tent or even ariish (traditional Somali accomadation). In other cultures and groups, women doing such a thing is seen as unbecoming. So clearly every society has its own agreement (usually what the men think) of what is feminine and what isn't when it comes to some things.

Also, interestingly, cooking is seen as a woman's job, yet all the top chiefs that make top $ are suprise suprise men. That is why when men say that its a woman's job to cook and that women shouldn't work I find it hilarious. Women, well poorer and nomadic women have always worked throughout history. Women working is only now an issue because women are now being paid for their labor. Also, men have no issues cooking as long as they're getting paid for it. Funnily enough once they're getting paid for it, they can outcook a lot of women.

Personally i find men who are good in cooking pathetic. Professional chef is even worst. They don't make good long term husbands. forget about them satisfying you in the bedroom

@Shimbiris
I have always wondered this but why did people (like our ancestors) settle in inhospitable area's?

Like why would anyone choose to become a nomad?Why didn't somalis settle in Kenya or something?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Are you speaking from experience? :dwill::williamswtf:

No huuno. Judging from my Super Power analytic mind, Mashalaah
1639687815439.png

Trending