South African saying Bantus arrived after Afrikaners

alien

📍outer space
VIP

Thoughts. Is she right? I tried bringing a meaningful discussion surrounding this but she deleted my comment. I posted something again and she deleted it again :deadpeter:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Thoughts. Is she right? I tried bringing a meaningful discussion surrounding this but she deleted my comment. I posted something again and she deleted it again :deadpeter:

Its more complex than she makes it out to seem. Bantu populations in South Africa vary in their Khoisan admixture with some having a significant amount and others having almost none (which may suggest population replacement in some areas). Regarding dates of arrival they certainly came before the Dutch. :browtf: I sense some revisionism on her part. And how is it a lie that Bantu speakers inhabit so much of Africa. Isn't the Niger-Congo language family the most widely spoken in Africa. Why be ashamed of that?

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪

So she is saying that the Afrikaaners are more native than them then. :silanyosmile:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I once saw an Afrikaner claiming this in a very old debate and it seems like it's basically right-wing cadaan propoganda in SA:

The history of the Bantu-speaking peoples from South Africa has in the past been misunderstood due to the deliberate spreading of false narratives such as The Empty Land Myth.[3] First published by W.A. Holden in the 1860s, this doctrine claims that South Africa had mostly been an unsettled region and that Bantu-speaking peoples had begun to migrate southwards from present day Zimbabwe at the same time as the Europeans had begun to migrate northwards from the Cape settlement, despite there being no historical or archaeological evidence to support this theory.

The Bantu were there by at least 1000-1500 CE by the looks of it but some cadaans like to make it sound like they both came around the same time in order to seem more legitimate.

Gacanka Cadmeed

I once saw an Afrikaner claiming this in a very old debate and it seems like it's basically right-wing cadaan propoganda in SA:

The history of the Bantu-speaking peoples from South Africa has in the past been misunderstood due to the deliberate spreading of false narratives such as The Empty Land Myth.[3] First published by W.A. Holden in the 1860s, this doctrine claims that South Africa had mostly been an unsettled region and that Bantu-speaking peoples had begun to migrate southwards from present day Zimbabwe at the same time as the Europeans had begun to migrate northwards from the Cape settlement, despite there being no historical or archaeological evidence to support this theory.

The Bantu were there by at least 1000-1500 CE by the looks of it but some cadaans like to make it sound like they both came around the same time in order to seem more legitimate.
I seen their types. They are the same who claim Rhodesia wasn't a white supremacist state.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I seen their types. They are the same who claim Rhodesia wasn't a white supremacist state.

It's funny how these types know deep down that what they're doing or their ancestors did is wrong which is why they'll try to change the optics like this through deception.

Gacanka Cadmeed

It's funny how these types know deep down that what they're doing or their ancestors did is wrong which is why they'll try to change the optics like this through deception.
They will do anything to justify what their ancestors and even they did. You know when Mugabe gave the land back to the blacks they were Calacaaling about it. But they don't tell you the land was originally black and how the British chucked them off the fertile lands and put them in 'Settlements.'

Ive noticed that bantus like to spin their history and make it seem as if they have been harmless angels for thousands of years

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Ive noticed that bantus like to spin their history and make it seem as if they have been harmless angels for thousands of years
exactly. I saw her saying "Africa was a free continent. People were friends. People would live in peace together". then tell me why so many groups went extinct :notsureif:

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
Bantus killed 90% of Africa ethnics, Nilotic, Cushitic, Khoisan, and pygmies are the only ones left,
I think they genocide others more than cadaans

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
The history of Humanity in general since the discovery of agriculture in areas like the fertile crescent, west africa and eastern china has basically been a story of constant expansion, enslavement, warfare and conquest. It is the nature of agriculture (farming and pastoralism). You will inevitably degrade the land and experience population booms which will prompt expansion and hierarchical organization forms because now, unlike with Hunter-Gatherer societies, there are resources that can be accumulated and kept for later use like grain or livestock and if you can create a small class of well-armed, well-fed people who can control the flow and storing of these resources then congrats because you are now a King. Women become relegated to being baby making machines to fuel the state and it's constant expansion and growth (give birth to soldiers, farmers and future baby makers) and on and on it goes.

It also allowed for specialization which refers to people like the merchants of the old Somali Reer Magaal who's way of life was divorced from food production, a thing unheard of in the paleolithic. Entire classes of people focused on things like scribing, carpentry, blacksmithing and so on and thus, with enough of such people, you get technological innovation and cool things like metallurgy, monumental architecture and sculptures but is all that really worth the poorer diets that made most people sicker, weaker, smaller brained and less long lived? Or the slavery of the masses and the degradation of women? I dunno, niggas. I dunno.

Som

VIP
Archaeological evidence shows Bantus arrived in modern day South Africa at least by the 5th century BC. The myth of the empty southafrican land was a lie made up the dutch settlers to justify colonization.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Archaeological evidence shows Bantus arrived in modern day South Africa at least by the 5th century BC. The myth of the empty southafrican land was a lie made up the dutch settlers to justify colonization.
also linguistic evidence shows that Bantus encountered khoisan over a thousand years ago.

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
Let’s be honest whether the Bantu where there first or not , everything was built by the white settlers. :francis:

The fact that South Africa is the most developed SSA country says enough.

Let’s be honest whether the Bantu where there first or not , everything was built by the white settlers. :francis:

The fact that South Africa is the most developed SSA country says enough.

It's just take 10% of white to make them successful at a point that they could have the nuclear bomb if they wanted. But all that is finished when Mandela finished his term and the zoulou chimps took power.

Trending

Latest posts