Ancient Egyptian G25 results.

Gizeh plateau. Old Kingdom.
main-qimg-e77362301ed37579052e77db41306bfd.jpg

Upper Egyptian noble.
NoPNpqs.jpeg

🤔 It looks like something drastic happend in Egypt between the Old kingdom and Middle Kingdom era. Large influx of people with high Anatolian and Iran Neolithic arrived in between these two periods. It can’t be the Hyksos because they came after the fall of the Middle Kingdom and I also doubt they had high Anatolian levels like that considering they were most likely akin to Semitic groups.

Could our Zargosian ancestry be sourced from Egypt rather than Yemenites? I sat this because the Natufian and Zargosian from Old Kingdom are in the right ratios similar to ours.

Asiatic immigration happened during the First Intermediate Period. This Middle Kingdom noble has lower Natufian ancestry than some Copts.

Wow I just realised 77% Natufian is really high 😂. It means our ancestors must had similar levels before it got diluted by other SSA groups like Sudanic when we pushed south.

Asiatic immigration happened during the First Intermediate Period. This Middle Kingdom noble has lower Natufian ancestry than some Copts.
So from my understanding our base west euroasian ancestry is similar to Pre Dynastic / Old Kingdom Egyptians. We were most likely located in lower Nubia because our E-V32 links up with the Nubians and Chadic E-V32 at the 5500 ybp mark so somewhere around presumably the predynastic era just before the unification of the upper and lower Egypt and the beginning of pharaonic Egypt is when we seperated from the Nubians and made our way towards the desert. I read somewhere there where contact with punt as early as old kingdom Egypt so we were well established on the Red Sea coast by then at Sudan and Eritrea presumably.

I think the admixture event happened some good millennia before the predyanstic. During the Mesolithic.
Like I said, there were already Cushitic-like groups in the White Nile, Upper Nubia.
A-Group themselves adopted an opportunistic lifestyle and this was proven by their pottery wares in the southern reaches of Western Desert. Now after increased Egyptian activity in Lower Nubia, some A-Group was either absorbed, purged, or simply moved away. The individuals who left mixed more with SSA-like and I hypothesize that a good portion of them did not return to become C-Group but rather continued a pastoral lifestyle. These people, had they existed, would add another layer to the established Mesolithic Cushitics. E-V32 was probably of high prevalence in colonial Nubia.

A combination of these would have intermixed with the definitely Cushitic Gash Group too. This may have formed the first proto-Pan Graves (pre-proto Bejas). Now the Gash Group already resided in Eritrea during the occurrence of these events. From experience they would be a sister group of the White Nile Mesolithic people, although probably not direct descendants.

During some point, a first wave of Cushitics reached Southern Africa, becoming the pastoral Neolithic samples we know of. After this, colonial Nubia may have had another immigration out of Nubia bringing in major E-V32 branches.
I read somewhere there where contact with punt as early as old kingdom Egypt so we were well established on the Red Sea coast by then at Sudan and Eritrea presumably.
Aye, trade with Gash Group extended to Predynastic times. The Egyptians acquired various materials from them.

I think the admixture event happened some good millennia before the predyanstic. During the Mesolithic.
Like I said, there were already Cushitic-like groups in the White Nile, Upper Nubia.
A-Group themselves adopted an opportunistic lifestyle and this was proven by their pottery wares in the southern reaches of Western Desert. Now after increased Egyptian activity in Lower Nubia, some A-Group was either absorbed, purged, or simply moved away. The individuals who left mixed more with SSA-like and I hypothesize that a good portion of them did not return to become C-Group but rather continued a pastoral lifestyle. These people, had they existed, would add another layer to the established Mesolithic Cushitics. E-V32 was probably of high prevalence in colonial Nubia.

A combination of these would have intermixed with the definitely Cushitic Gash Group too. This may have formed the first proto-Pan Graves (pre-proto Bejas). Now the Gash Group already resided in Eritrea during the occurrence of these events. From experience they would be a sister group of the White Nile Mesolithic people, although probably not direct descendants.

During some point, a first wave of Cushitics reached Southern Africa, becoming the pastoral Neolithic samples we know of. After this, colonial Nubia may have had another immigration out of Nubia bringing in major E-V32 branches.

Aye, trade with Gash Group extended to Predynastic times. The Egyptians acquired various materials from them.
Mesolithic? That is Taforalt timeframe?
A group was in lower Nubia during pre dynastic era to the Old Kingdom. We share an pre dynastic ancestor (5300ybp) with all of the existing E-V32 including Chadic and Nubians. Our ancestry is most likely of Levant Neolithic extract considering that we have T1a and M and other related lineages. Weren’t the Nilotes on the white Nile?

Mesolithic? That is Taforalt timeframe?
A group was in lower Nubia during pre dynastic era to the Old Kingdom. We share a pre dynastic ancestor (5300ybp) with all of the existing E-V32 including Chadic and Nubians. Our ancestry is most likely of Levant Neolithic extract considering that we have T1a and M and other related lineages. Weren’t the Nilotes on the white Nile?
My bad, it was Late Paleolithic & Neolithic. Obviously the Neolithic sample is closest to the Nubian cluster but the Late Paleolithic one is plotted just next to it.

Of course there would be SSA specimens in the White Nile but another people was present, too. That being said, Al-Khiday doesn’t have to be your direct ancestors, but their sister groups of a same temporal frame were.

Btw, no, your “Eurasian” side is Natufian-like, mostly. This ancestry was traced back to Mesolithic Hunter-Fishers in Cairo. Although you do have some PPNB, it was likely passed down from Lower Nubians who themselves got it from Egyptians.

Last edited:
🤔 It looks like something drastic happend in Egypt between the Old kingdom and Middle Kingdom era. Large influx of people with high Anatolian and Iran Neolithic arrived in between these two periods. It can’t be the Hyksos because they came after the fall of the Middle Kingdom and I also doubt they had high Anatolian levels like that considering they were most likely akin to Semitic groups.

Could our Zargosian ancestry be sourced from Egypt rather than Yemenites? I sat this because the Natufian and Zargosian from Old Kingdom are in the right ratios similar to ours.
To many Yemeni uniparental lineages found in the Horn including among Somalis. We also have the Cushitic Pastoralists who mostly lacked Neolithic Iranian ancestry.

To many Yemeni uniparental lineages found in the Horn including among Somalis. We also have the Cushitic Pastoralists who mostly lacked Neolithic Iranian ancestry.
Ah yes this makes sense. So when did these Old kingdom guys acquire their Iranian Neolithic? Looks like old Semitic incursion towards Egypt to me.

2 different races basically between Old and Middle Kingdom, too much invasion and foreigners
Same case for the Levant, basically. Levantines had it worse, even.
Interestingly New Kingdom samples were said to resemble more the Old Kingdom ones than they do the MK (brought up in an Anthrogenica thread 3 years ago). This implies the foreign input was diluted.

Interestingly New Kingdom samples were said to resemble more the Old Kingdom ones than they do the MK (brought up in an Anthrogenica thread 3 years ago). This implies the foreign input was diluted.
Alot bullshit happened in Middle Kingdom, wasnt that when Hykos came etc.

New Kingdom was a revival from the South and Thebes original home of the Pharoahs

Alot bullshit happened in Middle Kingdom, wasnt that when Hykos came etc.

New Kingdom was a revival from the South and Thebes original home of the Pharoahs
Yeah every man, woman, child, and their pets invaded Egypt during the MK. Asiatics (who themselves are probably paternally early Egyptian), Nubians, and Cushitics (in alliance with Nubians) all occupied or looted the place.
The only ones that stayed their hands were Berbers, then again, Egypt already lost its major Libyan territory during that time.

My bad, it was Late Paleolithic & Neolithic. Obviously the Neolithic sample is closest to the Nubian cluster but the Late Paleolithic one is plotted just next to it.

Of course there would be SSA specimens in the White Nile but another people was present, too. That being said, Al-Khiday doesn’t have to be your direct ancestors, but their sister groups of a same temporal frame were.

Btw, no, your “Eurasian” side is Natufian-like, mostly. This ancestry was traced back to Mesolithic Hunter-Fishers in Cairo. Although you do have some PPNB, it was likely passed down from Lower Nubians who themselves got it from Egyptians.
Isn’t Mesolithic in between Palaeolithic and Neolithic? Ah I see so these were not our ancestors but sister groups? Makes sense for some folks akin to us to have pushed far south in Sudan during those early times. I mean wasn’t E-M78 found all the way in Morocco some 15,000 years ago? What would stop them to travel to central Sudan. Wouldn’t be surprised if they found Mesolithic remains of people similar to our direct ancestors in Iberia.

So our Levant Neolithic was passed down to us? It makes sense it didn’t travel around like Anatolian farmers accross Europe because North West Africans have more of Taforalt type then the Levantine Neolithic type.

This is all mind boggling to me.

They really finished of our Levantine brothers 🤣. Your modern Levantine today is literally 3 way Anatolian, Iranian and Levant Neolithic 🤣

Trending

Latest posts