Ancient discoveries found in Xiis

Archeologists are making new discoveries in Xiis almost on weekly basis.

The research team has recently found glass plates with Bacchus masks, dated 1st century AD:

Elfer0FWMAECERD-1.jpg

The one on the right is from Xiis, Somaliland, the one on the left is from Alexandria, Egypt. More than 3000 kilometers apart!

Below is another find from Xiis, a Roman vase from 3rd century AD:

Egk7EobWkAA31d1.jpg

The Necropolis of Xiis had plenty of items imported from all over the world, places like Italy, the Parthian Empire and India. This vase was found in the grave of a teenage girl:

EOW0vhTXsAEUruF.jpg

The coast of Xiis is littered with Chinese, Persian, Indian and Syrian pottery!

EOW0yn3X0AAqdmE.jpg

EOW0yoAXUAArBQg.jpg

One of the most exciting discoveries is that nomadic burial sites in Xiis were positioned according to the spring and autumn equinoxes, showing that nomads in Somaliland had a deep understanding of astronomy.

The magistic landscape of the ancient city of Xiis:

EiDAKa3XYAAK9kQ.jpg

Somaliland is truly blessed, the most important archaeological sites and discoveries in the horn are all concentrated in Somaliland, from Maduna city, to Las Geel, now is time for Xiis to shine. The Spanish archeological team just received more funding to continue researching the history of Xiis.
:banderas:

Recently 2 mosques in Xamar have been discovered to have mosques underneath the building dating back 1,000 years.

Xamar is probably the only area in Somalia with possible archeological discoveries to be unearthed. The Banadir coast, including Merka and Barawa would make for very interesting discoveries I reckon. Other areas in Somalia have always been sparsely populated and with little urban history.

It is safe to say that in the Somaliland and Xamar hold the most significant archeological treasures in the Somali peninsula. Somehow Djibouti, Somali region in Ethiopia and Kenya have had little discoveries in this area.

Last edited:

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
That's because there's no archaeological studies done in other parts of Somalia. Siad Barre never allowed it.
he probably didn't want the whites to take advantage of it and ruin us with the disguise of "history projects" like they did with egypt

Villainess

Archeologists are making new discoveries in Xiis almost on weekly basis.

The research team has recently found glass plates with Bacchus masks, dated 1st century AD:

View attachment 149530

The one on the right is from Xiis, Somaliland, the one on the left is from Alexandria, Egypt. More than 3000 kilometers apart!

Below is another find from Xiis, a Roman vase from 3rd century AD:

View attachment 149524

The Necropolis of Xiis had plenty of items imported from all over the world, places like Italy, the Parthian Empire and India. This vase was found in the grave of a teenage girl:

View attachment 149525

The coast of Xiis is littered with Chinese, Persian, Indian and Syrian pottery!

View attachment 149526

View attachment 149527

One of the most exciting discoveries is that nomadic burial sites in Xiis were positioned according to the spring and autumn equinoxes, showing that nomads in Somaliland had a deep understanding of astronomy.

The magistic landscape of the ancient city of Xiis:

View attachment 149528

Somaliland is truly blessed, the most important archaeological sites and discoveries in the horn are all concentrated in Somaliland, from Maduna city, to Las Geel, now is time for Xiis to shine. The Spanish archeological team just received more funding to continue researching the history of Xiis.
:banderas:
the teenage girl's body shocked me. I wonder what's her story. maybe she was killed by a jealous woman or maybe she died from fever. I wonder if she was the prettiest in her city or if she was a devout muslimah. Everyone has a story I want to hear hers.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡±]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
These archilogical sites and findings are all over Somalia, they found same ancient ruins and caves in Botialo as well, this town is close to the ancient port city of Qandala and has ties to old Egypt.:lawd:

It is known fact the seat of ancient Land of Punt is Botiala and not Xiis, stop making stuff out of your ass, just becoz they found few artifacts doesn't prove it was the seat of Land of Punt, plenty of the same artifacts were also discovered all over ancient PL cities.
Botiala is located in a valley to the east of the ancient port city of Qandala, between Cape Guardafui and Bosaso. The area is abundant in frankincense of the highest quality.[1]

Nearby are around 200 stone monuments (taalos), most of which consist of cairns. The bigger cairns are covered in shingles and tend to be more sturdily constructed. There are a number of rows of standing stones (menhirs) on the eastern side of the structures, which are similar to those at Salweyn, a great cairn-held situated close to Heis. Besides cairns, the Botiala area also features a few other drystone monuments. These include disc monuments with circular, ground-level features, as well as low, rectangular platform monuments.[1]

A couple of hundred meters away are extensive shell middens. These stretch along the shoreline for a distance of around a kilometer. The site also contains the remains of what was apparently a dam that was built from boulders. This structure is located in an area near a shallow drainage line, which passes through mounds.[1]

Additionally, some pottery sherds have been found in Botiala. The fragments are gritty and coarse, and resemble the ware at Hafun.[1]

Last edited:

Villainess

the teenage girl's body shocked me. I wonder what's her story. maybe she was killed by a jealous woman or maybe she died from fever. I wonder if she was the prettiest in her city or if she was a devout muslimah. Everyone has a story I want to hear hers.
damn my gurl was thiccck i can tell from her hipbone.:shaq:

Trending