Ancient Artifacts Discovered In Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Absolutely hilarious! :ulyin:

Stop trolling what could have been a legitimate thread.

Your second link is a blog, which you reject from me outright. The footnotes 45, 46 and 47 that back up your first link are from Dr. Hersi, The Arab Factor, which you also reject outright.

You STILL have no archaeologist. And there can't be one because that stuff has no provenance. Look it up.

Then deal with these:

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...ten-streak-in-an-argument.47585/#post-1301554

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...yone-have-more-information-on-it.45990/page-2

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/why-islam-is-a-blessing-for-men.46027/page-9#post-1259488

Changing the subject as usual once you're cornered with facts. Your three links again are not related to this topic, you're basically conflating and trolling at the same time.

Listen, there is a Museam in Somaliland showing you Puntite statues, items and ancient ancient Puntite architectural ruins. They even have ancient Egyptian materials found in Somaliland proving the Land of Punt was located in northern Somalia and they have been trading with ancient Egyptians. They have been authenticated by the archaeologist and I gave you a video and a link for that but you have rejected them.

Not only that, but the first link I posted who was a Somali historian called Abdullahi Abdurahman is also backed up by multiple archaeologist once you read his references from his book but you still reject them. The other link I gave you wasn't a blog but was a historical site where they have scholars studying the language and culture of ancient people and they have found many similarities with the Somalis and the ancient Egyptians proving that the Somalis were the direct descendants of Puntites.

You reject every authentic source I give you. Please don't waste my time again old man because all your baseless opinions again are just extraneous and erroneous.

Also, don't bother derailing this thread. You turn every positive thread into a negative bullshit. Get a life old man and stop discrediting our history.

Changing the subject as usual once you're cornered with facts. Your three links again are not related to this topic, you're basically conflating and trolling at the same time.

Listen, there is a Museam in Somaliland showing you Puntite statues, items and ancient ancient Puntite architectural ruins. They even have ancient Egyptian materials found in Somaliland proving the Land of Punt was located in northern Somalia and they have been trading with ancient Egyptians. They have been authenticated by the archaeologist and I gave you a video and a link for that but you have rejected them.

Not only that, but the first link I posted who was a Somali historian called Abdullahi Abdurahman is also backed up by multiple archaeologist once you read his references from his book but you still reject them. The other link I gave you wasn't a blog but was a historical site where they have scholars studying the language and culture of ancient people and they have found many similarities with the Somalis and the ancient Egyptians proving that the Somalis were the direct descendants of Puntites.

You reject every authentic source I give you. Please don't waste my time again old man because all your baseless opinions again are just extraneous and erroneous.

Also, don't bother derailing this thread. You turn every positive thread into a negative bullshit. Get a life old man and stop discrediting our history.

You are free to link to any archaeologist Abdullahi Abdurahman does.

Now, you have serious work to do, young man. Get with it.

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...ten-streak-in-an-argument.47585/#post-1301554

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...yone-have-more-information-on-it.45990/page-2

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/why-islam-is-a-blessing-for-men.46027/page-9#post-1259488

Reading the whole thread, yes and there are many other threads I silenced you on after giving you authentic sources. Now please don't derail this thread.

Uh? You could end this at any time by doing the right thing.

Because I was pleased you ended our debate and gave you a real link to "T"?

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...in-northern-somalia.47458/page-4#post-1303731

Those are not opinions above. Those are links, of which you are in great need. Your friend is the one with opinions, false links and no archaeologist in view. I suggest you learn the difference before further embarrassing yourself.

How the f*ck did I embarrass myself? L3 is the ancestor of T, you twit. I chose to stop talking because I simply dont waste my time with fallacious fools. And by the way, L3 being the ancestor of T is a peer-reviewed fact.

How the f*ck did I embarrass myself? L3 is the ancestor of T, you twit. I chose to stop talking because I simply dont waste my time with fallacious fools. And by the way, L3 being the ancestor of T is a peer-reviewed fact.

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...in-northern-somalia.47458/page-4#post-1303731

"This will be my final reply to you, I can't keep replying to ignorance.

Haplogroup T
-Ancestor JT
-Ancestors pre JT=R2'J2
-Ancestor R
-Ancestore N
-Ancestore L3

According to the Recent African origin of modern humans (Out-of-Africa) theory, the clade is believed to have arisen and dispersed from East Africa between 84,000 and 104,000 years ago.
-wikipedia"

You can't even keep Wiki straight.

http://www.thefullwiki.org/Haplogroup_T_(Y-DNA) :russ:

Last edited:

Haplogroup T
-Ancestor JT
-Ancestors pre JT=R2'J2
-Ancestor R
-Ancestore N
-Ancestore L3

According to the Recent African origin of modern humans (Out-of-Africa) theory, the clade is believed to have arisen and dispersed from East Africa between 84,000 and 104,000 years ago.
-wikipedia"

So you also disagree jt also being an ancestor, I see.

Haplogroup T
Possible time of origin
25,149 ± 4,668 years before present
Possible place of origin Near East
Ancestor JT
Descendants T1 and T2
Defining mutations G709A, G1888A, A4917G, G8697A, T10463C, G13368A, G14905A, A15607G, G15928A, C16294T

Haplogroup JT
Possible time of origin
50,300 YBP
Possible place of origin Southwest Asia
Ancestor R2'JT
Descendants J, T
Defining mutations 11251, 15452A, 16126

Haplogroup R2'JT
Possible time of origin
42,600 to 67,100 YBP
Possible place of origin Probably West Asia
Ancestor R
Descendants R2, JT
Defining mutations 4216

Haplogroup R

Possible time of origin 66,000 YBP [1]
Possible place of origin South Asia[2][3] Southeast Asia[4]
Ancestor N
Descendants R0, R1, R2'JT, R3, R5, R6'7, R8, R9, R11'B, R12'21, R14, R22, R23, R30, R31, P, U
Defining mutations 12705, 16223[5]

Haplogroup N

Possible time of origin ~71,000 YBP[1][1]
Possible place of origin Asia[2][3][4][5][6] or East Africa[7][8]
Ancestor L3
Descendants N1'5, N2, N8, N9, N10, N11, N13, N14, N21, N22, A, I, O, R, S, X, Y, W
Defining mutations 8701, 9540, 10398, 10873, 15301[9]

Haplogroup L3
Possible time of origin
80,000–104,000 YBP[1] or 60,000–70,000 YBP[2]
Possible place of origin East Africa,[3] or Asia[4]
Ancestor L3'4
Descendants L3a, L3b'f, L3c'd, L3e'i'k'x, L3h, M, N
Defining mutations 769, 1018, 16311

:mybusiness:

Haplogroup T
-Ancestor JT
-Ancestors pre JT=R2'J2
-Ancestor R
-Ancestore N
-Ancestore L3

-wikipedia"

Berber connection

Hieroglyphic signs for brbrta, the ancient Egyptian ethnonym for the Puntites (AECR (1976)).

One of the most insightful clues as to the location of the Land of Punt involves the etymology of the word Berber. It has often been assumed — incorrectly — that the appellation originated with the ancient Greeks as a cognate of barbaros(“barbarian”). However, the first mention of the term actually dates earlier to the New Kingdom of Egypt (c. 1500 BCE), when it served as an ethnonym for the Puntites. Specifically, during the Hatshepsut expedition to Punt, the ancient Egyptians identified their Puntite counterparts as brbrta in hieroglyphic symbols. This is believed to have been an onomatopoeic imitation on the Egyptians’ part of the “bar” or “ber” sound that was apparently common in the Puntite language.

In light of these hieroglyphics, the Egyptologist Ernesto Schiaparelli suggests that the Puntites inhabited a region coinciding with northern Somalia, Eritrea, and the Atbara zone in northeastern Sudan. He bases this on the aforementioned Periplus of the Erythraean Sea, a document which repeatedly alludes to “Berbers” living in these same areas. As a result, this territory was known to the ancient Greeks as “Barbara” or “Barbaria”, meaning the “land of the Berbers” (Huntingford (1980)). The Periplus indicates that there were Berber commercial settlements all along the Red Sea coast during the 1st century CE, with two such concentrations: one in the “Barbaria” in the Nile Valley around southern Egypt and northern Sudan, and the other in the “far-side” ports of the “other Barbaria” in the Horn (viz. “there are other Berber market-towns, known as the ‘far-side’ ports”). These Berbers/Puntites were therefore still trading in frankincense and other commodities in the southern part of their territory, just as they had over a millennium before in Pharaoh Hatshepsut’s time. This is confirmed by the Roman scholar Pliny the Elder, who tells us that the Pharaoh Sesostris — a ruler that, as seen on the Wadi Gawasis stela, ordered at least one expedition to Punt during his reign — led his men to the “far-side” Berber port of Mossylon (Mossylum), which was a cinnamon emporium.

Another key aspect of the Barbaria connection is the form of governance that the territory’s denizens were said to have adhered to. The Periplus indicates that the Berbers were divided into tribal communities, each ruled by its own chief. These independent city-states in the greater Barbaria were, in turn, overseen by a learned king or paramount chief named Zoscales: https://landofpunt.wordpress.com/tag/ancient-dna/
:manny::mybusiness: what will you say about that old fart? @Apollo Your Somali card has been revoked. Instead of defending your history, you let an old fart that is in his deathbed misinform people, and you say nothing. What a you are @Apollo.

@Zuzu5

Keep up the good fight.

They're going to start playing dirty like deleting your comments etc. The admin of this section deletes comments that he doesn't agree with.

:siilaanyolaugh:

Berber connection

Hieroglyphic signs for brbrta, the ancient Egyptian ethnonym for the Puntites (AECR (1976)).

One of the most insightful clues as to the location of the Land of Punt involves the etymology of the word Berber. It has often been assumed — incorrectly — that the appellation originated with the ancient Greeks as a cognate of barbaros(“barbarian”). However, the first mention of the term actually dates earlier to the New Kingdom of Egypt (c. 1500 BCE), when it served as an ethnonym for the Puntites. Specifically, during the Hatshepsut expedition to Punt, the ancient Egyptians identified their Puntite counterparts as brbrta in hieroglyphic symbols. This is believed to have been an onomatopoeic imitation on the Egyptians’ part of the “bar” or “ber” sound that was apparently common in the Puntite language.

In light of these hieroglyphics, the Egyptologist Ernesto Schiaparelli suggests that the Puntites inhabited a region coinciding with northern Somalia, Eritrea, and the Atbara zone in northeastern Sudan. He bases this on the aforementioned Periplus of the Erythraean Sea, a document which repeatedly alludes to “Berbers” living in these same areas. As a result, this territory was known to the ancient Greeks as “Barbara” or “Barbaria”, meaning the “land of the Berbers” (Huntingford (1980)). The Periplus indicates that there were Berber commercial settlements all along the Red Sea coast during the 1st century CE, with two such concentrations: one in the “Barbaria” in the Nile Valley around southern Egypt and northern Sudan, and the other in the “far-side” ports of the “other Barbaria” in the Horn (viz. “there are other Berber market-towns, known as the ‘far-side’ ports”). These Berbers/Puntites were therefore still trading in frankincense and other commodities in the southern part of their territory, just as they had over a millennium before in Pharaoh Hatshepsut’s time. This is confirmed by the Roman scholar Pliny the Elder, who tells us that the Pharaoh Sesostris — a ruler that, as seen on the Wadi Gawasis stela, ordered at least one expedition to Punt during his reign — led his men to the “far-side” Berber port of Mossylon (Mossylum), which was a cinnamon emporium.

Another key aspect of the Barbaria connection is the form of governance that the territory’s denizens were said to have adhered to. The Periplus indicates that the Berbers were divided into tribal communities, each ruled by its own chief. These independent city-states in the greater Barbaria were, in turn, overseen by a learned king or paramount chief named Zoscales: https://landofpunt.wordpress.com/tag/ancient-dna/
:manny::mybusiness: what will you say about that old fart? @Apollo Your Somali card has been revoked. Instead of defending your history, you let an old fart that is in his deathbed misinform people, and you say nothing. What a you are @Apollo.

Finish your link:

"In conclusion, a holistic examination of the data on Punt emphatically locates it in a broad region encompassing northern Somalia, the Eritrea/Ethiopia corridor and northeastern Sudan. With this established, archaeological excavations on a larger scale must hereafter be conducted in order to begin to understand the ancient territory’s history. Who, for instance, are the kings and queens that are represented on the exhumed Puntite statuettes? For how long did these nobles reign and under what circumstances? What was their royal order of succession and was it hereditary? Was Adulis their original seat? Or were they alternately, at different times, centered in Alula and other cities within the greater Barbaria?"

The Gash Basin is part of the Atbara region of northeastern Sudan. Adulis is one of two Eritrean/Ethiopian ports that are believed to have been the port of Punt used by Egypt. The other is near Port Sudan, both on the Red Sea side of the Bab al-Mandeb and the less calm waters of the Gulf of Aden/Indian ocean. Everything Egypt traded for was available in northeastern Sudan, at a point that touches the Red Sea, much closer to Egypt than Somalia.

The only authentication you have so far for the "Puntite" figures is Ahmed Ibrahim Awale, their "finder" who "is a researcher and development worker ... specialized in management and environmental protection. He has written about the environmental situation of the Somali Peninsula, ancient history of the Somalis, Somali women and traditional religious practice (Sitaad)."

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...99520842/RK=2/RS=._flMrMRV7.kkf8WLWvScOCaacg-

Not exactly inspiring. He has no experience as an archaeologist, no archaeologist has climbed on his wagon, and no archaeologist has confirmed his findings. Nobody is finding these things in situ. Not one of them has any provenance.

You and your bloggers got taken in.

Last edited:
Finish your link:

"In conclusion, a holistic examination of the data on Punt emphatically locates it in a broad region encompassing northern Somalia, the Eritrea/Ethiopia corridor and northeastern Sudan. With this established, archaeological excavations on a larger scale must hereafter be conducted in order to begin to understand the ancient territory’s history. Who, for instance, are the kings and queens that are represented on the exhumed Puntite statuettes? For how long did these nobles reign and under what circumstances? What was their royal order of succession and was it hereditary? Was Adulis their original seat? Or were they alternately, at different times, centered in Alula and other cities within the greater Barbaria?"

The Gash Basin is part of the Atbara region of northeastern Sudan. Adulis is one of two Eritrean/Ethiopian ports that are believed to have been the port of Punt used by Egypt. The other is near Port Sudan, both on the Red Sea side of the Bab al-Mandeb and the less calm waters of the Gulf of Aden/Indian ocean. Everything Egypt traded for was available in northeastern Sudan, at a point that touches the Red Sea, much closer to Egypt than Somalia.

The only authentication you have so far for the "Puntite" figures is Ahmed Ibrahim Awale, their "finder" who "is a researcher and development worker ... specialized in management and environmental protection. He has written about the environmental situation of the Somali Peninsula, ancient history of the Somalis, Somali women and traditional religious practice (Sitaad)."

Not exactly inspiring. He has no experience as an archaeologist, no archaeologist has climbed on his wagon, and no archaeologist has confirmed his findings. Nobody is finding these things in situ. Not one of them has any provenance.

Continue reading the whole goddam link, where does it say Somalis came from the south? Also in that link, it tells you exactly WHO THE f*ck LIVED IN THE SOUTH AREAS BUT YOU IGNORED IT. :lawd:

Just go die somewhere alone you twit. You cherry picking old fart.

Continue reading the whole goddam link, where does it say Somalis came from the south? Also in that link, it tells you exactly WHO THE f*ck LIVED IN THE SOUTH AREAS BUT YOU IGNORED IT. :lawd:

Just go die somewhere alone you twit. You cherry picking old fart.

You genuinely can't read.

grant is like that Luis guy who always shows up if anyone talks about ONLF.

guys ignore grant, he's got an agenda to shit on us. His entire argument...we are primitive bunch with no history of any kind.

Typical cracker.

You genuinely can't read.

Excuse me old farts, are we still talking about Somalis being from the south like you originally said or not? Because that is what started this whole argument. And that fucking link shows you the "negroids" that lived in the southeastern But you fucking ignored it. So What exactly are we debating for again?

View attachment 52569

View attachment 52570
View attachment 52575 View attachment 52571
View attachment 52572
View attachment 52573

Mashallah!:banderas:

Inshallah, people find more artifacts in Somaliland and across Somaliweyn. So proud of the first three, because they are from Awdal.

What do you guys think of these?
:cosbyhmm:
Do you guys believe they have anything to do with us? Or do you guys beileve they where built by other ethnicity's?
It can't be beesha isaaq and darood, these guys wuz Arabs bedouin scholars remember :mjlol::siilaanyolaugh:

It has to some ancient Somali clan:siilaanyosmile::siilaanyosmile:
This stuff isn't hard to believe because when you look the ancient Egyptian phenotype they look like bunch of typical skinny faraxs

It can't be beesha isaaq and darood, these guys wuz Arabs bedouin scholars remember :mjlol::siilaanyolaugh:

It has to some ancient Somali clan:siilaanyosmile::siilaanyosmile:
This stuff isn't hard to believe because when you look the ancient Egyptian phenotype they look like bunch of typical skinny faraxs
Yeah, but I don't want to be associated with those INCEST BREED FREAKS! WALLAHI I HOPE THEY WHERE MIDDLE EASTERN OR EUROPEAN! AFRICA HAS ENOUGH L'S RIGHT NOW!

Finish your link:

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrgEZqy_Xlbf_sA8qUPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByb2lvbXVuBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1534750259/RO=10/RU=https://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Land-Punt-Unravelled/dp/8799520842/RK=2/RS=._flMrMRV7.kkf8WLWvScOCaacg-

LOL what's next on you're fact based opinion of history? The Adal Sultanite was Xabeshi?:siilaanyolaugh:

LOL what's next on you're fact based opinion of history? The Adal Sultanite was Xabeshi?:siilaanyolaugh:

Those who open links find goodies. Those that ignore them fail to find answers to their questions.

http://www.africanarchaeology.org/somalia-1

Poto Credit: Rock art from Laas Geel, Somaliland, Somalia. Abdullah Geelah, Creative Commons (2006). Map Credit: Google Maps.

Links to General Resources

Aethiopica: International Journal of Ethiopian and Eritrean Studies

Annales d'Éthiopie

Somalia Country Profile page from UCLA African Studies Center

Encyclopaedia Aethiopica

ITYOPIS: Northeast African Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities (NEAJ)

Link to Ethiopia heritage laws page from the World Wide Web Library of African Archaeology

Oxford Bibliographies Ethiopia page

Rassegna di Studi Etiopici on JSTOR

Stanford University Libraries Africa South of the Sahara Ethiopia page

UNESCO World Heritage Centre Ethiopia page

Archaeology, Paleoathropology, and Cultural Heritage Project/Institute/Society Websites

Aluka.org JSTOR World Heritage Sites Africa - British Insitute in Eastern Africa, Somalia Archive

Aluka.org JSTOR World Heritage Sites Africa - David Coulson Africa Heritage Collection

British Museum's African Rock Art Image Project - Somalia/Somaliland

CyArk Rock Art Sites of Somaliland

Somali Heritage and Archaeology at Somaliheritage.org

Somali Heritage on Facebook

Trust for African Rock Art (TARA) Somaliland Rock Art Gallery

News and Media

BBC News Magazine - Sada Mire: Uncovering Somalia's heritage

TEDX Talk: Cultural heritage: a basic human need - Sada Mire at TEDxEuston

@SomaliHeritage Twitter

Links to Recently Published (2013-2016) Scholarly Journal Articles Concerning Archaeology and Material Cultural Heritage in Somalia / Somaliland

Mapping the Archaeology of Somaliland: Religion, Art, Script, Time, Urbanism, Trade and Empire. Sada Mire. 2015. African Archaeological Review 32(1):111-136. DOI:10.1007/s10437-015-9184-9.

Wagar, Fertility and Phallic Stelae: Cushitic Sky-God Belief and the Site of Saint Aw-Barkhadle, Somaliland. Sada Mire. 2015. African Archaeological Review 32(1):93-109. DOI:10.1007/s10437-015-9181-z.

The advent of herding in the Horn of Africa: New data from Ethiopia, Djibouti and Somaliland. Joséphine Lesur, Elisabeth A. Hildebrand, Gedef Abawa, Xavier Gutherz. 2014. Quarternary International 343:148-158. DOI:10.1016/jquaint.2013.11.024.

The Hargeisan revisited: Lithic industries from shelter 7 of Laas Geel, Somaliland and the transition between the Middle and Late Stone Age in the Horn of Africa. Xavier Gutherz, Amélie Diaz, Clément Ménard, François Bon, Katja Douze, Vanessa Léa, Joséphine Lesur, & Dominique Sordoillet. 2014. Quaternary International 343(1):69-84. DOI:10.1016/j.quaint.2014.04.038.

Archaeology of Trade in the Western Indian Ocean, 300 BC–AD 700. Elvind Heldass Seland. 2014. Journal of Archaeological Resarch 22(4):367-402. DOI:10.1007/s10814-014-9075-7.

Laas Geel (Somaliland): 5000 Year-Old Paintings Captured in 3D. L.Grenier, P.Antoniotti, G.Hamon, & D.Happe. 2013. International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Volume XL-5/W2, 2013 XXIV International CIPA Symposium, 2 – 6 September 2013, Strasbourg, France.

Stone cairns across eastern Africa: a critical review. Matthew I.J. Davies. 2013. Azania: Archaeological Research in Africa 48(2):218-240, DOI: 10.1080/0067270X.2013.789207

Copyright

Copyright ©Eastern African Archaeology Online 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending