An Arabic script is better than Osmanya. Facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
This is actually very efficient. There are no double vowels and at times i use letter combinations. Also ppl would in time be able to see this as a distinct Somali script.
So do you want me to be honest or not?

My worst fear is that Somalis will simply be viewed as heavily tanned Arabs if we adopt the Arabic script...and worst yet view Af-Somali as an Arabic dialect.
:jaynerd:

We should try our best to maintain our Hamitic identity & not go down the same path of our fellow Hamites in North Africa & Sudan.

If I had a penny every time someone on Sspot blamed the Arabs for dynamic and complex situations that have little to nothing to do with them, I would be a damn millionaire :wow:The problem of Al-Shabaab? The Arabs. Somalia's poverty? The Arabs. I stubbed my toe today? Those damn Arabs are behind it.

Arabs are funding Al-Shabab
https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/c...abaab-through-somalias-illicit-charcoal-trade

In regards to Iran-Arab relation, the Saudis encouraged this
3385d6941db484f5059bd23000065bdf.jpg

Following the theocratic Iranian Revolution led by Khomeini in 1979, Iran started to openly attack and criticise the character and religious legitimacy of the Saudi regime.[17] However King Khalid, the then ruler of Saudi Arabia, sent Khomeini a congratulatory message, stating that "Islamic solidarity" could be the basis for closer relations of the two countries.[18] He also argued that with the foundation of the Islamic Republic in Iran there were no obstacles that inhibited the cooperation between two countries.[19]

I don't blame Arabs for EVERYTHING only what they are responsible for.

A_A

My worst fear is that Somalis will simply be viewed as heavily tanned Arabs if we adopt the Arabic script...and worst yet view Af-Somali as an Arabic dialect.
:jaynerd:

We should try our best to maintain our Hamitic identity & not go down the same path of our fellow Hamites in North Africa & Sudan.
You have a point. I don’t want to be viewed as a hummus lover. This is strictly arguing it’s effective and ease when it comes to learning it. Compared to Osmanya of course.

A_A

I would like for the Official Somali script to have a "flowy" pattern, like the kaddare script.
upload_2019-3-2_0-22-8-png.67128

Can yours be written in calligraphy? Or is it only written separately?
:ohhh: Wow that looks really pretty!
But Osmanya is more popular, I don’t think most people have heard of this.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
I would like for the Official Somali script to have a "flowy" pattern, like the kaddare script.
upload_2019-3-2_0-22-8-png.67128

Can yours be written in calligraphy? Or is it only written separately?

Its semi flowy, i would say about 1/3 of the letters are flowy. Its really difficult to get it flowy and be able to distinguish letters and make it unique .You have to priortise one over the other

Latin script written in calligraphy is to die for, I mean look at this:lawd:
handwrittenpoint.jpg

much more satisfying to look at than Arabic script, sorry not sorry:hillarybiz:

Tukraq

VIP
Latins the way to go, when I see all these other scripts like habesha, Chinese or Cambodian I almost barf:susp: the whole world uses Latin script why make things tough on yourself

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
In regards to Iran-Arab relation, the Saudis encouraged this
3385d6941db484f5059bd23000065bdf.jpg

Following the theocratic Iranian Revolution led by Khomeini in 1979, Iran started to openly attack and criticise the character and religious legitimacy of the Saudi regime.[17] However King Khalid, the then ruler of Saudi Arabia, sent Khomeini a congratulatory message, stating that "Islamic solidarity" could be the basis for closer relations of the two countries.[18] He also argued that with the foundation of the Islamic Republic in Iran there were no obstacles that inhibited the cooperation between two countries.[19]

I don't blame Arabs for EVERYTHING only what they are responsible for.

I see you've taken yourself to consuming Western propaganda---"how amazing Iran use to be before that darned revolution." What you're showing was the lives of only the top 1% of Iranians---most of the common people weren't so lucky as to live such luxurious lives under the tyrannical and oppressive Shah. Pre-1979 Iran looked much more like this:

upload_2019-3-1_19-5-1.png

Nice try for trying to pin this one on the boogeyman Arabs; this was a battle between the cruel secular government of Iran and the working-class Iranian people. The Arabs had absolutely no part in this and I think you're fully aware of that as well. Sending a "congratulatory message" is not the same as actively taking part in a revolution.

Last edited:

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
I see you've taken yourself to consuming Western propaganda---"how amazing Iran use to be before that darned revolution." What you're showing was the lives of only the top 1% of Iranians---most of the common people weren't so lucky as to live such luxurious lives under the tyrannical and oppressive Shah. Pre-1979 Iran looked much more like this:

View attachment 67137

Nice try trying to pin this one on the boogeyman Arabs; this was a battle between the cruel secular government of Iran and the working-class Iranian people. The Arabs had absolutely no part in this and I think you're fully aware of that as well. Sending a "congratulatory message" is not the same as actively taking part in the Revolution.
Also, the Iranians hate Salafi guts so much.

Timo Jareer and proud

Latins the way to go, when I see all these other scripts like habesha, Chinese or Cambodian I almost barf:susp: the whole world uses Latin script why make things tough on yourself
Latin script = European colonization script.

We should be using the Wadaad script. Very nice script, helps with islamic studies, has been around way longer the rest of em, made by a Dir, and has vowels made only for Aff Soomali.

Timo Jareer and proud

Exactly, it literally makes zero sense.
Yes it seems like Somalis have a thing for blaming everything on Arabs.

Only one that is true is blaming the Gulf Arabs for the spread of radical islam throughout the Muslim world.

Everything else is complete and utter

200w (1).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.