An American Reporter adopted a Mixed child from Djibouti

It's not about his looks, he looked to be 8-9 years old when he got adopted, he went by Ayanleh to all of a sudden being uprooted and getting his whole life erased. His adopters job is to provide him what his biological family couldn't; education, roof over his head etc..the necessities.

If he wanted a mixed kid named Jonah he coulda easily gotten that in his state,he didnt need to travel to Africa.

These people always erasing their adopted childrens ethnic names has always been weird to me.
He didn’t have a biological family only a mother. He did not have a ethnic name bcs he’s French and was named ayanle khadrah. The adopter did a good thing to give him a European name (a name also used by the French). This kid was seen as a wecel and not excepted. This would not only bring problems to him but also the mother.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I know a full Somali with blue eyes……no cap. It’s a baby that was born 3 years ago.
It would be exceedingly rare for a full Somali to have naturally blue eyes. There normally has be the presence of some recent admixture. I'm also not referring to cases where there is a genetic anomaly inherited i.e. Waardenburg syndrome.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
I wouldn't recognize her as Somali. Something looks off feature wise. The combination of the nose shape and thin lips screams something else. Definitely, HOA but gives off that Ethio-Semetic influence rather than Somali.

I've seen more half yemenis than half cadaans from Djbouti. She could pass more as a Somali than a half cadaan. Also, how is his mother not literate?
when I comes to fatherless kids, the half cadaan ones are more common than half yemenis. up until 2014, djibouti had one of the worse educational system in the world. the minister of education created a system that kicks children out of school for good so the government doesn't have to spent more many on education. basically, if a child repeats a grade more than 2 times, he's out for good. since all kids can't properly understand french until they reach high school, many of them used to get dropped out. in the late 2000s, only a quarter of the students used to make it to high school. and there was only 2 high schools for a population of 600,000.

It would be exceedingly rare for a full Somali to have naturally blue eyes. There normally has be the presence of some recent admixture. I'm also not referring to cases where there is a genetic anomaly inherited i.e. Waardenburg syndrome.

The baby did have a medical condition, he had something in his ear. Didn't enquire about it though.

edit: WOW googled 'Waardenburg syndrome' and looks like he had that

That dude is gay, I don't trust him look how much he fawned over that kid's looks and now that boy acts gay as an adult
Mom looks kinda mixed tbh, makes sense why he looks like that

GemState

36/21
VIP
He shouldn't have taken his identity away from him.
what identity? His father wasn't a somali but a french soldier that doesn't know or care about him and his mother an illiterate prostitute that gave him away (very likely the mother herself isn't full somali).

There's no consolation or dignity in an identity like that. He's better off where he is now

Lol no he can't. His real identity was erased, this is the only identity that he knows because it was forced on him.
Why would he want to keep that identity when it isn't present in his life or relevant?
He's in New York. Maybe in the future he might want to go back to djbouti, but I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't. It looks like he had a traumatic upbringing in severe poverty and the last connection he had to Djbouti was his mother who passed away.

That dude is gay, I don't trust him look how much he fawned over that kid's looks and now that boy acts gay as an adult
Mom looks kinda mixed tbh, makes sense why he looks like that
The dude is a well known news reporter who adopted a child that otherwise would have had a life in poverty and hardship.

Who cares if he's gay? Jonah himself doesn't act gay, he looks well groomed and is soft spoken.

Straight men have set the standard so low that people question someones sexuality when they aren't slobs or overly aggressive wastes.

when I comes to fatherless kids, the half cadaan ones are more common than half yemenis. up until 2014, djibouti had one of the worse educational system in the world. the minister of education created a system that kicks children out of school for good so the government doesn't have to spent more many on education. basically, if a child repeats a grade more than 2 times, he's out for good. since all kids can't properly understand french until they reach high school, many of them used to get dropped out. in the late 2000s, only a quarter of the students used to make it to high school. and there was only 2 high schools for a population of 600,000.
Yeah, back in the day kids had to pass a test in french in to get into secondary school, if you failed your education stops at 11/12 unless you went to one of those Saudi-run schools.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Are you sure its not arcus senilis, its very common in older somalis

The dude is a well known news reporter who adopted a child that otherwise would have had a life in poverty and hardship.

Who cares if he's gay? Jonah himself doesn't act gay, he looks well groomed and is soft spoken.

Straight men have set the standard so low that people question someones sexuality when they aren't slobs or overly aggressive wastes.
Single men adopting kids is suspicious, a gay man going all the way over to an impoverished country to get a white looking child is just damning. You know there's been cases of gay men adopting kids in foreign countries just to abuse them, every sexuality can do that but in his case its even more obvious.
That man was solely fawning over his looks, he even said he wanted a child with a very particular look he didn't have much interest outside of that.

That kid does act gay too, check his voice

Yeah, back in the day kids had to pass a test in french in to get into secondary school, if you failed your education stops at 11/12 unless you went to one of those Saudi-run schools.

Single men adopting kids is suspicious, a gay man going all the way over to an impoverished country to get a white looking child is just damning. You know there's been cases of gay men adopting kids in foreign countries just to abuse them, every sexuality can do that but in his case its even more obvious.
That man was solely fawning over his looks, he even said he wanted a child with a very particular look he didn't have much interest outside of that.

I've met straight men who love women that sound just like him. I feel like if a man doesn't fit into an overly aggressive box then they're labeled "gay."

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You

these exit exam test weren't hard. I used to wonder why so many kids end up failing the exam but the answer was obvious. how can you pass an exam that's written in a language you don't understand ? I went back recently and although there've been some reforms, most children are still clueless about french. even the high schoolers can't have a long conversation in french. until somali is taught in school, reer djibouti would continue to lag behind.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I understand that the one's without fathers are but the most common mix is half Yemeni over there in general. I understand the challenges with schooling but I assume most that enter the education system for some time would be able to at least sign their names. Its evident his mother was completely illiterate. What implies to me that his mother is not mixed race is that she 'feared that he would not be accepted as he was of different parentage'. Why would she care if she were mixed herself? And why was the kid's last name Abdi? Likely her surname. She may have come from a two parent home but had no support having had this child illegitimately. What is sad is the extent of abject poverty.

these exit exam test weren't hard. I used to wonder why so many kids end up failing the exam but the answer was obvious. how can you pass an exam that's written in a language you don't understand ? I went back recently and although there've been some reforms, most children are still clueless about french. even the high schoolers can't have a long conversation in french. until somali is taught in school, reer djibouti would continue to lag behind.

Weird.. I stayed in Awdal and had many relatives young and old visit from dijibouti and they all spoke fluent Croissant. Asked them about the curriculem and they said its all in French so its probably a sink or swim situation for the youth