An American Reporter adopted a Mixed child from Djibouti

Mozart

You need people like me
It's not about his looks, he looked to be 8-9 years old when he got adopted, he went by Ayanleh to all of a sudden being uprooted and getting his whole life erased. His adopters job is to provide him what his biological family couldn't; education, roof over his head etc..the necessities.

If he wanted a mixed kid named Jonah he coulda easily gotten that in his state,he didnt need to travel to Africa.

These people always erasing their adopted childrens ethnic names has always been weird to me.

He's moving the kid to a predominately white area. Giving him a white name gives him the chance to avoid consistently being asked about his name and whether he's adopted.

He's moving the kid to a predominately white area. Giving him a white name gives him the chance to avoid consistently being asked about his name and whether he's adopted.
That’s how I’m seeing it. Having an ethnic name would mean more discrimination.

His middle-name should have been Ayaanle. That man that adopted him isn't even White, he looks like a light skinned Madow and Ayaanle himself looks quarter Madow.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
If Jonah wants to reclaim the name "Ayanleh" he can still do that.
Lol no he can't. His real identity was erased, this is the only identity that he knows because it was forced on him.

Then dont adopt a child with an ethnic name if he's so self conscious or embarrassed by it.

If you want a jonah or a michael then adopt one don't just manufacture one.

Even the Balmain Designer, Olivier Roustein found out that he is half Somali (Djiboutian) and half Somali. It's heartbreaking seeing these adoptees talk about their story.

I feel sorry for Ayaanle and his mother Khadra, I hope they reunite one day.

She made a huge mistake, had a son, an innocent soul that deserved love and understanding from society. Clearly she couldn't raise him as she was very poor and probably discriminated against for her mistake. People aren't their mistakes and I wish people were more empathetic to this sort of situation so mothers don't feel extra pressure to give up their babies.

@Admin - please change the title from 'wecel'.

Here’s the thing, the only reason her mom gave the kid away was because there was a HIGH MARKET VALUE for that child. Does anyone really believe she wasn’t paid a large sum of money (for Djibouti)? I find his claim her mom wanted to give him away because she feared for her safety total nonsense.

He’s probably the whitest half Somali I’ve ever seen. I’m happy that he grew up in a stable home though. May Allah guide him to Islam.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
The guy looks fully cadaan. Maybe the hooyo was the product of a foreign soldier and Djiboutian as well
The guy looks fully cadaan. Maybe the hooyo was the product of a foreign soldier and Djiboutian as well
His mother is mostly likely half cadaan. she doesn't look full somali.

Screenshot_20211207-163623.png

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I have only met one half Somali with blue eyes. It's exceedingly rare. Green is more common. And Blonde hair is even more of an oddity. His mother looks sort of Habeshi or could be slightly Yemeni mixed. No offense.

I have only met one half Somali with blue eyes. It's exceedingly rare. Green is more common. And Blonde hair is even more of an oddity. His mother looks sort of Habeshi or could be slightly Yemeni mixed. No offense.

Yes, I was going to say this also. Khadra (AUN), herself didn't look really Somali. We even have Habashi and Oromo sheegads roaming around Somalia so who knows what her origins are.

Some Somalis also look weird themselves so could be anything.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
half caddan is more common in djibouti than half yemeni πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yes, I was going to say this also. Khadra (AUN), herself didn't look really Somali. We even have Habashi and Oromo sheegads roaming around Somalia so who knows what her origins are.

Some Somalis also look weird themselves so could be anything.
I wouldn't recognize her as Somali. Something looks off feature wise. The combination of the nose shape and thin lips screams something else. Definitely, HOA but gives off that Ethio-Semetic influence rather than Somali.
half caddan is more common in djibouti than half yemeni πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I've seen more half yemenis than half cadaans from Djbouti. She could pass more as a Somali than a half cadaan. Also, how is his mother not literate?

I know a full Somali with blue eyes……no cap. It’s a baby that was born 3 years ago. Wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it for myself.

when I say full it’s with a disclaimer as I don’t know the full genealogy of the parents but they both look 100% Somali to me. They were both recent migrants as well to the west as well (less than 10 yrs)

Trending