An Alaskan police dashboard camera video shows the police shooting death of a Faarax. Family sued the police for $20m. They have a good case.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

He had to have been mentally ill.

That’s besides the point.

Family lawyer argues that he wasn’t given a chance.

After being shot the cops took their sweet time to render aide. (The shooting happened in 2019. Therefore the cops weren’t WOKE to the scrutiny they face now. So this helps the family ).

This case will be settled for sure.

Here’s a live report from my great friend Dabcasar

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Where is the Ana Somali not black crew? Racist cops deserve the highest position in jahanama.
So, because some crackuh will shoot me like he will any negro that proves I am genetically, phenotypically and culturally indistinguishable from Niger-Congo folks? Nigga, I know how much of the world perceives me, that don't mean imma identify with the Black American experience and integrate grits into my diet anymore than I'm gonna wear a keffiyeh and name my kids Jassem and Balqis because some Khaleejis think I'm Arab.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

So, because some crackuh will shoot me like he will any negro that proves I am genetically, phenotypically and culturally indistinguishable from Niger-Congo folks? Nigga, I know how much of the world perceives me, that don't mean imma identify with the Black American experience and integrate grits into my diet anymore than I'm gonna wear a keffiyeh and name my kids Jassem and Balqis because some Khaleejis think I'm Arab.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN
Lol your idea of being black is eating grit? :mjpls: Oh btw, Somalis do follow arabs that is why your name is likely Arabic and so are most Somalis.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Lol your idea of being black is eating grit? :mjpls: Oh btw, Somalis do follow arabs that is why your name is likely Arabic and so are most Somalis.
My name is pure Somali and there is a difference between being culturally influenced by Arabs the way North Euros are influenced by Greco-Romans and actually thinking you are an Arab. Ana Carab coonery is a thing nowadays but it was not a century ago where the common Somali view of Arabs was actually not at all favorable, even despite the genealogies which were more about religion than admiring Arabs.

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
Where is the Ana Somali not black crew?

Our identity is not informed nor defined by American law enforcement. As for who is and isn't "black":

Black in the Western world refers to the descendants of West African slaves brought to the New World during the transatlantic slave trade. These people were deracinated from their local culture and forced to breed with other enslaved groups. Hence why they are referred to with a colour descriptor and not a geographic or ethnic one. Calling Somalis "black" in this context doesn't make much sense. There are clear linguistic, historical, religious, and genetic differences between both groups.

Also, I've asked this before, why is a skin-colour based identity acceptable for Africans but not for other groups? Would you call the disparate peoples of East Asia “yellow”? Or the indigenous populations of America "red"?

Somalis do follow arabs that is why your name is likely Arabic and so are most Somalis.

How is this any different from British people with Latin names like Allegra, Felix, and Marcus? Or Hebrew names like Abraham, Jordan, and Sarah? Did they "follow" Jews and Romans? Somalis lived in the easternmost portion of Africa. Cultural and material exchanges with non-African populations were a natural consequence of geography.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
How is this any different from British people with Latin names like Allegra, Felix, and Marcus? Or Hebrew names like Abraham, Jordan, and Sarah? Did they "follow" Jews and Romans? Somalis lived in the easternmost portion of Africa. Cultural and material exchanges with non-African populations were a natural consequence of geography.

It's like people don't realize Yemen is literally right there:

Rnyxiww.png

It's about as geographically close to us as Turkey is to Cyprus if not a bit more so and there have been cultural and people exchanges going on since before 1000 BCE between the Horn and South Arabian coasts. Metallurgy, pre-Arabic writing and monumental architecture in the Horn all mostly spread from Yemen by the looks it along with probably even our ship building traditions. Then during the Islamic period it's no coincidence that Somalis' Shafi'i sect is shared with much of Yemen. Hell, I'd bet all those mythical tribal founders we recount as Hashemites were actually from Yemen or medieval Somalis who went to Yemen and converted then returned home. The place is the Greece to our Italy culturally.

Mind you there have been Horn -> South Arabia influences since pre-history. Many Yemenis seem to have at least some minor Horner-related admixture and there's archaeological evidence that things like Neolithic Cushitic stelae, rock-carvings and cave-paintings spread to Yemen very early with there also being a very real Cushitic substratum in the Modern South Arabian languages of Yemen and Oman, not to mention that there have been Somalis and other Horners settling in droves in Yemen and Oman for centuries.

Trending

Latest posts