AMISOM to enter transitional phase and be renamed ATMIS

Certain people are salivating at the idea of Xamar falling to Alshabab, wallahi i have never seen someone more xasid then other somalis.

Guul Farmaajo!

Certain people are salivating at the idea of Xamar falling to Alshabab, wallahi i have never seen someone more xasid then other somalis.

Guul Farmaajo!
33 months is very little time. We need to at the very least do heavy raids on them and secure all our gains. Our goal should be to secure what we control independently inshallah but we should also sign a defense pact with Turkey.

33 months is very little time. We need to at the very least do heavy raids on them and secure all our gains. Our goal should be to secure what we control independently inshallah but we should also sign a defense pact with Turkey.
Slow and steady wins the race, Alshabab is thinking in decades and so should we. We need to expand our military using Turkey and other international partners. Right now we have around 6-7k trained troops, not former tribal militia turned military. Over the next term i expect another 3-5k troops which would be enough to strengthen our holds in koonfur and then eventually expand to the hinterlands.

By 2030 we should have ~30k trained troops and more local troops. I am looking forward to how the enemies of Somalia internal/external will cry.

Zapfox1

I may be wrong but it's highly unlikely
Question walaal, Is Amisom visible in gobollada, Ik they're not in Xamar but in Middle Shebelle and Lower Shebelle, are they more than the SNA?
I can’t speak for lower shabelle but when I went middle shabelle, you came across them very often. Mostly Burundian forces. They aren’t more than SNA thou

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Great job to our beloved dowlad!

we have to move towards self sufficiency, the world can not help us forever. I understand why some of our people are fearful of Somalis taking back the security of our country because of the crimes committed by the previous government but let us leave the past behind and give hope a chance :)

This 33-month transition is extremely vague and full of BS. Has anyone done the math?
31 December 2023 is in 23 months. What will happen in the remaining 10 months?

The framework goes:
AMISOM to transition to ATMIS in first 9 months
conduct of joint decisive operations next 9 months
simultaneous operations against al shabaab 9 months
exit in last 7 months by 31 December 2023

9 + 9 + 9 + 7 months = 34 months?

So what gives?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I think the SNA has the ability to beat AS. Similar to the Afghans, the issue is whether there is a desire to.

I think Somalis are at their best when their back is against the wall. Somalis defeated one of Africas strongest armys, we can beat some malnourished jihadis.

Not at all walaal, I'm optimistic considering we will have Turkish and American drone support against Al Shabab considering nobody signed a peace deal with them. This doesn't also rule out the fact that the Taliban has more support in Afghanistan than Al Shabab.

The Taliban also have 75,000 committed fighters unlike Al-Shabaab's 4000 to 6000 fighters. So it is not two groups that can be compared.

Al-Shabaab's advantage is its ability to shift its forces quickly while they're wearing civilian uniforms. The 24,000 SNA can't have a presence in every town, city, and rural areas in South-central Somalia. This lack of SNA manpower allows Al-Shabaab fast areas that they can move around, train, and tax the local people.

Last edited:

FGS first needs to raise the funds for at least 30,000 additional forces, train them, and then seize regions. By seizing towns and villages from UGUS, their movements can be restricted, which will make them vulnerable to both ground and aerial attacks.

It'll also put their "taxation" extortion scheme to a minimum, which will also drive up their funding resources unless of course Arab petrodollars pick up the tab to keep UGUS going, which I believe they will.