Am i the only who's tired of dhaanto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
All traditional Somali dances are just great to listen and watch, history behind all that...except Niko. That hideous booty shaking must stop.

Last edited:

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
I hate how off beat the dances are, it actually bothers me watching it :ftw9nwa:

somalis really got no rhythm walahi, we really are Caucasians dipped in chocolate :ftw9nwa:

It looks like fardowsa is insulting a clan she did not even visit their regions and yet she is calling us Diana abusers.

Why? I am crying in real life.
I have seen enough pictures on this forum to come to that conclusion, but the videos show the true images

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
Dhaanto is ruined by Xabashi style infiltration. There certainly Ethiopian influence in there.

The old school original dhaanto was respectful and modest.

I also don't like how it is being made to seem as THE Somali culture dance.GTOWBS

I do enjoy Jaandheer. Seems much more suitable for our nomadic background and is up tempo. I might also be biased since I am Northerner

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I know my canbabuur brings all the boys to the yard. :trumpsmirk: And I'm rather touched by the zaylaci videos, but this fetishizing of Awdalites must end. You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard -you're girls make the good wives. :mjlol: Horrible pickup line.

Last edited:

Jeesto

VIP
I know my canbabuur brings all the boys to the yard. :trumpsmirk: And I'm rather touched by the zaylaci videos, but this fetishizing of Awdalites must end. You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard -you're girls make the good wives. :mjlol: Horrible pickup line.
:chrisfreshhah::deadmanny:

You're not the only Awdalite on Sspot huuno:sass1: We gave them the greatest dances of all time and all they do is Camel dance:mjhaps:

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Horta, how and when did the Ogaden develope the Dhanto?
I think its a great dance routine, it may be overused and played, but i like it. Its unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts