Am i the only who's tired of dhaanto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No dance can beat the Saylici. Just watch and tell me which one is more fun:banderas::lawd:
This is saylici on drugs, they did not capture the beauty of the saylici tbh way is xiijiyeen uun. Way too fast and I'm surprised their hands didn't catch fire from that crazy clapping. There are better more authentic videos of saylici (see above). Thanks for sharing though

Jeesto

VIP
This is saylici on drugs, they did not capture the beauty of the saylici tbh way is xiijiyeen uun. Way too fast and that I'm surprised their hands didn't catch fire from that crazy clapping. There are better more authentic videos of saylici (see above).
Seylici isn't supposed to be slow sxb. It's all about the xamaasad:ayaanswag:

Waaryaahe put some respek on the dance. Those are dad waaweyn, they prolly tired or something and are very slow.
This is the right way to do it
:faysalwtf::faysalwtf:
Tired kulaha these are the pros of saylici warya they dance at every wedding in awdal and know all the dances and lyrics inside out. The video you linked is not the right way they don't even know the right words just repeating the same thing

Seylici isn't supposed to be slow sxb. It's all about the xamaasad:ayaanswag:
Did I say it was meant to be slow?? The video was literally just people jumping like crazy no lyrics just incessant clapping. Saylici is an art form and involves an intricate mixture of timed moves and ancient lyrics (assortment of languages). Wuxu jaandheer waalan maaha

Jeesto

VIP
Did I say it was meant to be slow?? The video was literally just people jumping like crazy no lyrics just incessant clapping. Saylici is an art form and involves an intricate mixture of timed moves and ancient lyrics (assortment of languages). Wuxu jaandheer waalan maaha
Lool okey. Are you Reer Awdal/Galbeed?:cosbyhmm:
I'm not sure about the whole lyrics thing but my parents told me that xamaasad and speed were essential for the dance. Now it's all kinda blank and boring.:manny:

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
I never liked dhaanto and seeing it being done at every fkn somali event, aroos, makhaayad annoys the hell out of me. The same goes for niiko:susp:What the f**k happened to our other traditional dances? Are people really that lazy to learn and do them?? Where's the Saylici, Jaandheer, Ha nahaaban, Hilowle????:kanyehmm:
Dhaanto is so boring.
Dhaanto is so retarded. I can imagine a bunch of nomads who were bored one day started copying their camel and thus the dhaanto was born
Doqomo!!!:susp:
Dhaanto is what connects us to Ancient Egypt!!!:fittytousand:

buun+xeedho.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

My beautiful culture!:kendrickcry:

DeathWish

This is a bit weird:drakekidding:
Dhaanto is somali dance, aint nothing egyptian about it
Not a very good link and not very factual:drakekidding:
Stop bootyclapping for cadaan people.:draketf:
Us blacks are the Ancient Egyptians, not the Arabs that live there currently.:draketf:

image-jpeg.2552

6113f525f66d901b4268f1eb17443b7c.jpg

DeathWish

Im not going to take you seriously with that description under your name:drakekidding:
Bootyclapper:susp:
You just f***** with the wrong Hotep!!!!
ohreallyb.png

Stuart Tyson Smith writes in the 2001 Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt, "Any characterization of race of the ancient Egyptians depends on modern cultural definitions, not on scientific study. Thus, by modern American standards, it is reasonable to characterize the Egyptians as 'black', while acknowledging the scientific evidence for the physical diversity of Africans."

Quotes from some Greek Historians and poets for the people that doubt what I am saying:

Aristotle, the philosopher, wrote in his book, Physiognomonica, that “the Ethiopians (Africans) and Egyptians are very black.” Herodotus adds that the ancient Egyptian had “black skin and wooly hair (Kinky).”

• Diodorus Siculus mentioned that the Aethiopians considered the Egyptians a colony.
    • Apollodorus, a Greek, calls Egypt the country of the black-footed ones
    • Aeschylus, a Greek poet, wrote that Egyptian seamen had "black limbs."
    • Greeks sometimes referred to Egyptians as Aethiopians (people with burnt skin)
    • Gaston Maspero states that "by the almost unanimous testimony of ancient [Greek] historians, they [Ancient Egyptians] belonged to the African race
    • Simson Najovits states that Herodotus "made clear ethnic and national distinctions between Aigyptios (Egyptians) and the peoples whom the Greeks referred to as Aithiops (Ethiopians)
Skin of Ancient Egyptians.
upload_2017-3-16_15-29-52-png.14550

The Bible

The Bible states that "Â…[t]he sons of Ham [were] Cush and Mizraim [i.e. Egypt], and Phut, and Canaan. And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah and Sabtechah." According to Biblical tradition, Ham, of course, was the father of the Black race. "Generally speaking, all Semitic tradition (Jewish and Arab) class ancient Egypt with the countries of the black."

You are the B00TYCLAPPER!!!
madkid.png

Last edited:
You just f***** with the wrong Hotep!!!!

Stuart Tyson Smith writes in the 2001 Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt, "Any characterization of race of the ancient Egyptians depends on modern cultural definitions, not on scientific study. Thus, by modern American standards, it is reasonable to characterize the Egyptians as 'black', while acknowledging the scientific evidence for the physical diversity of Africans."

Quotes from some Greek Historians and poets for the people that doubt what I am saying:

Aristotle, the philosopher, wrote in his book, Physiognomonica, that “the Ethiopians (Africans) and Egyptians are very black.” Herodotus adds that the ancient Egyptian had “black skin and wooly hair (Kinky).”

• Diodorus Siculus mentioned that the Aethiopians considered the Egyptians a colony.
    • Apollodorus, a Greek, calls Egypt the country of the black-footed ones
    • Aeschylus, a Greek poet, wrote that Egyptian seamen had "black limbs."
    • Greeks sometimes referred to Egyptians as Aethiopians (people with burnt skin)
    • Gaston Maspero states that "by the almost unanimous testimony of ancient [Greek] historians, they [Ancient Egyptians] belonged to the African race
    • Simson Najovits states that Herodotus "made clear ethnic and national distinctions between Aigyptios (Egyptians) and the peoples whom the Greeks referred to as Aithiops (Ethiopians)
Skin of Ancient Egyptians.
upload_2017-3-16_15-29-52-png.14550

The Bible

The Bible states that "Â…[t]he sons of Ham [were] Cush and Mizraim [i.e. Egypt], and Phut, and Canaan. And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah and Sabtechah." According to Biblical tradition, Ham, of course, was the father of the Black race. "Generally speaking, all Semitic tradition (Jewish and Arab) class ancient Egypt with the countries of the black."

You are the B00TYCLAPPER!!!

:drakekidding:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts