Am I the only one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who thinks hijab should be for girls who reached the first stages of puberty around 11 years old? I do think it's time to teach my nine year old about hijab but I also don't want her to grow up :(

Everyone tells me it's time to teach her the value of hijab so she wears it and loves it as a habit from childhood. But it's not a requirement in Islam yet and I want her to be my little baby for a little while longer. Just saying that makes me feel guilty and want her to start training to be a modest Muslima.

Seriously, insulting my mother because I made a crude joke on line? Insult me instead you sick bastard.

Don't comment on my child you sick f*ck.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
At least she isn't rebellious. Late- onset hijab is a bad idea. I couldn't stand the child hijabs that suffocated me during dugsi (threw it off once I got home), I was a fat kid, so sue me. Nonetheless, I have never worn the hijab in my 30-something years outside of a house of worship/prayer. A masr ocassionally but don't let her turn into yours truly - a rablerouser. Bear in mind, my mother came into wearing it late in the game ( nearing 40) and her religiosity increased with each passing year, thereafter. :manny:

Yannie

The trouble is, you think you have time
Sister just ignore this person. I do agree that you should teach your child about hijab when she reach puberty because it would be a great opportunity to have the discussion about modesty and why do woman wear hijab. Your daughter will have a better understanding on why she is wearing the hijab and grow to love it Insha Allah.

At least she isn't rebellious. Late- onset hijab is a bad idea. I couldn't stand the child hijabs that suffocated me during dugsi (threw it off once I got home), I was a fat kid, so sue me. Nonetheless, I have never worn the hijab in my 30-something years outside of a house of worship/prayer. A masr ocassionally but don't let her turn into yours truly - a rablerouser. Bear in mind, my mother came into wearing it late in the game ( nearing 40) and her religiosity increased with each passing year, thereafter. :manny:

At least you pray sister, mashallah. I know people who don't wear hijab and never pray for years outside of Eid when their families take them to Eid prayer.

I'm considering getting her to wear those all in one hijab/masar child hijabs with the bling on the forehead. It's sporty enough to let her play football. I'll let her swim though because she is still learning.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I think you have done a wonderful job raising ur daughter, please never force her to do something without her understanding the reason. she will learn to love it and appreciate the purpose of hijab on her own.
:)

Sister just ignore this person. I do agree that you should teach your child about hijab when she reach puberty because it would be a great opportunity to have the discussion about modesty and why do woman wear hijab. Your daughter will have a better understanding on why she is wearing the hijab and grow to love it Insha Allah.

Yeah thank you sister. That's good advice.

I think you have done a wonderful job raising ur daughter, please never force her to do something without her understanding the reason. she will learn to love it and appreciate the purpose of hijab on her own.
:)

I never force my kids. I always explain things to them first. They love Allah and do cute things out of love for Allah like advising each other with things they learned from dugsi. My daughter wears hijab to dugsi and mosque so it won't come as much of a surprise for her.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I wonder if you would do a better job raising your daughter then your hooyo did with you.

Your already off to a bad start with the second marriage entered upon the same fasaad and extravagance as the first one, that poor little girl is watching all of this unfold and watching you repeat the same mistakes again.
That's uncalled for to insult her mother like that

9318702e4568ecf7b4730a3265525457--prophet-muhammad-quotes-hadith-quotes.jpg

Who thinks hijab should be for girls who reached the first stages of puberty around 11 years old? I do think it's time to teach my nine year old about hijab but I also don't want her to grow up :(

Everyone tells me it's time to teach her the value of hijab so she wears it and loves it as a habit from childhood. But it's not a requirement in Islam yet and I want her to be my little baby for a little while longer. Just saying that makes me feel guilty and want her to start training to be a modest Muslima.
Now is the perfect time just before puberty and when she says "I don't want a hijab no more at 17, say I gave you 9 years".

It's no insult whatsoever, you should always strive to be better then your parents, that doesn't mean you parents were poor or inadequate, it just means your setting the bar even higher for yourself as a parent.

I was baffled why you got so pissed off, then again I am reminded by how our community is satisfied to remain in the confines of mediocrity, I don't even care about your crude jokes but shocked how you fell twice for the same barakah destroying extravaganza that has devastated many households and you still haven't learned from it.

You could be forgiven for the first time out of ignorance, but I have never come across a woman that was stung twice and even worse is very euphoric about it. I feel for that poor girl growing up in such a household

I will tell you as I see it and will not kiss your ass with falsehood and lies like most of these other posters just boost your saggy ego! I wasn't raised like this, and neither am I comfortable with such blatant nifaq.

It is not that deep. Also we came to a compromise recently about the wedding and it will be a small affair.

You grew up in such a secular household damn. Im assuming that your parents were highly educated... :ohhh:. It might explain why you are so intelligent.

@Shamis Do not take their childhood away from them. let your daughters come to their own conclusion on the headscarf. The hijab inadvertently sexualises these girls as it is subconsciously indicating that they have "awrah". I think that its important that you dress them modestly though. The west is really hampering by suggesting that it is normal for children to dress immodestly. :bell:. These leftists are propagating social decay.

@Shamis Do not take their childhood away from them. let your daughters come to their own conclusion on the headscarf. The hijab inadvertently sexualises these girls as it is subconsciously indicating that they have "awrah". I think that its important that you dress them modestly though. The west is really hampering by suggesting that it is normal for children to dress immodestly. :bell:. These leftists are propagating social decay.

I will still take her to football and let her climb trees and eat junk food on Saturdays like we always do. I don't see how her childhood will be affected. She already knows about awrah from dugsi but she has no idea that she has to start applying it to herself soon because puberty is around the corner. Some kids start growing breasts age 10.

She dresses modestly all the time, she only wore short things as an infant.

That's too late, way too late. The hijab is more than a cloth. The hijab is to protect her from boyfriends and balaayo because I'll explain modesty and chastity to her through it.
Now I get it. Because Muslim girls raised with hijab don’t have boyfriends. She’ll have a boyfriend at some point. You should teach her to have sex in moderation and not so drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending