Am I racist?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@AdoonkaAlle

Someone becomes Muslim, they realise that the way they were living their life is wrong.

However, if I approached that same person before they converted and said they had bad traits, they would’ve rejected me.

This is very simple. I can repeat myself again if you need.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@AdoonkaAlle my argument on this has consistently been that race is not a factor to reject a suitor in Islam.

I have asked to you to provide Hadith if you disagree with me but instead you want a protracted argument.

If you cannot provide any Islamic evidence to disprove my point then accept that you are wrong.

You misunderstand me bro.

What I mean is that if you reject the best person in the world for you, that you get along with perfectly etc because of their race.

If the race is the only thing that is keeping you from marrying a specific person.

I'll start this off by clarifying that I certainly don't believe in the superiority-inferiority of races and that my position may very well be irrational...

..I don't think I could even so much as entertain the thought of being with an outsider -- even if she was an absolute angel; the best person for me may not align with what I have in mind for my future family.

I want descendants that are completely anchored to one ethnic identity; and I don't want them to be uncomfortable, reserved or bashful when it comes to being involved in the community.

Biracial people are not fully accepted and they sometimes develop a complex in response to this fact.

Last edited:
The Hadith I mentioned related to a family that rejected a man for their daughter because he was Black.

The prophet PBUH admonished the family because they didn’t consider his character or righteousness.

One could’ve said that the prophet PBUH could’ve married him where he was appreciated.

But the reason that happened was to be an example for us today. To settle this argument, ironically.
Unfortunately we don't have the prophets judgment today lol.

I agree that righteousness should come first then character & compatibility ,but tell that to the average family that would reject you ,because of your skin color ,they will say "idc go to hell".

There is no point of begging these people mate, they know how racism has no place in Islam. You can't change their mind & it shouldn't be our duty to change their mind.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Unfortunately we don't have the prophets judgment today lol.

I agree that righteousness should come first then character & compatibility ,but tell that to the average family that would reject you ,because of your skin color ,they will say "idc go to hell".

There is no point of begging these people mate, they know how racism has no place in Islam. You can't change their mind & it shouldn't be our duty to change their mind.

Personally, I ain’t gonna beg for marriage if someone doesn’t want me.

But as Somalis, saying that we should consider race when choosing a suitor is not encouraged in the deen.

That’s it, my entire point.

reer

VIP
@AdoonkaAlle my argument on this has consistently been that race is not a factor to reject a suitor in Islam.

I have asked to you to provide Hadith if you disagree with me but instead you want a protracted argument.

If you cannot provide any Islamic evidence to disprove my point then accept that you are wrong.
race comes with culture and tradition and family customs and what you find attractive. which means it is absolutely a reason to reject someone.

Personally, I ain’t gonna beg for marriage if someone doesn’t want me.

But as Somalis, saying that we should consider race when choosing a suitor is not encouraged in the deen.

That’s it, my entire point.
Forget about other races, we don't even consider other Somalis, because of qabil. :mjlol:

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
@AdoonkaAlle

Someone becomes Muslim, they realise that the way they were living their life is wrong.

However, if I approached that same person before they converted and said they had bad traits, they would’ve rejected me.

This is very simple. I can repeat myself again if you need.

The issue of contention was about why you didn't rank being muslim as the number 1 reason why the sister shouldn't pursue that kafir guy. You stated it was because there's a chance that he "may" convert and i asked how come this didn't not apply for being ciyaal suuq etc. After all ciyaal suuq have the possibility to change and become better. Why the exception for only on religious compatibility ?

Your response was to claim that belief is easier than behaviour at first then retracted it and said that belief is the foundation of behaviour. If this so i asked why didn't you rank islam as the number 1 reason why she should've rejected him since belief are the foundation of everything

When you're called out for you absurd unislamic views you now feign complete ignorance of what the issue was

I don't need to provide any evidence for that which is considered to be halal in it's nature. Just like water does one need to provide daleel that it's halal for us to drink it ? waa maya similarly i don't need evidence to prove that i can marry a woman who's somali, is beautiful, meets my expectations etc

Who told you that you need daleel to reject someone because you don't find them attractive, isn't from your lineage ? To summarise it i don't need evidence to prove that which was already halal to begin with.

How come the islamic evidence that you're so adamant about doesn't matter when you allow muslim women to pursue relationships with kafir men ? Your priorities are messed up sxb, stop viewing islam through the lens of ideologies that contradict it.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@AdoonkaAlle

You do know I wasn’t the one that didn’t put “Not Muslim” at number 1.

That was OP.

My explanation was explaining why OP didn’t put it at number 1.

If you look back at that post, I even say that I would only marry a Muslim.

Your whole argument is based on a misunderstanding.

:mjlol:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@AdoonkaAlle

8DB0C282-213A-4054-A2A9-204E4A4DA79F.jpeg
5AA6F3D8-FA7F-4049-95E4-D6D358212368.jpeg

76972E47-FC68-423C-8015-BBF8D33F5E11.jpeg

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Nah, but why hair? Hair is hair, you having problems with the type of hair is Texturism- is a preference for hair with smoother/looser texture, and the discrimination against people with kinkier, coarse hair within the same race.

which isn't a good thing, you are not racist for now but you are Texturist
Then so be it, people within 1a-2b and 4b-4c can go
:trumpsmirk:
If my worst flaw is my “texturism” then I will put it in my tinder bio Inshallah

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Yes but you do understand that race is not an acceptable reason to refuse marriage in Islam?

That’s the whole point.

If you don’t like them for any reason that’s cool. But if the only reason you’re not considering them relates to where they come from, then that ain’t cool.

That’s not guilting.
Not the point sxb

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I agree wholeheartedly, however, someone can convert. That’s why I didn’t mention that.

Personally, I see myself marrying someone that is from an Islamic culture however, I’m speaking generally.
If that’s the case
0. Convert
I could never marry a convert

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
If that’s the case
0. Convert
I could never marry a convert

Really?

What about if they’re someone who converted as a teenager or in university (college)?

We have a lot of those in Australia. Cadaan people that converted as teenagers.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Damn how did this become a war? Authubillah…..
I left out the part where I originally rejected him to his face bcuz he’s not muslim.

1. I’m not from Boston, I’ve noticed boston somalis are really different than Minneapolis somalis. This girl was very western, and after speaking to her today, she is definitely the “somalis are the most evil people” kind of somali.

2. This is my first time meeting a jamaican, as I’ve never mer one in Minnesota. The stereotype held true about Jamaicans as he was quick to put his own down for a “foreign” woman

3. Yes, the story is real. Are you guys seriously acting like there aren’t many black men who will put down their own while seeking a different person?

4. I thought we all knew that their are xalimos who are like this? Alhamdulilah I have made several somali friends and she is the only weird one so far. I was already annoyed with her somali bashing stance but she is pushing it.

5. if he put his own down and rhe girl comes up to me, asking why I rejected him, and then I go and put him “down”, which is exactly what he just did. Then what’s wrong? He should have have a taste of his own hypocrisy and self hate.

6. why are y’all trying to vilify me? I should have been more clear but y’all acting like you wouldn’t do the same. I didn’t expect you all to go down the sjw route so quick, so I should have said this shit before hand. Authubillah, If y’all don’t shut up, imma have to call in a mod.
:damedamn:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Really?

What about if they’re someone who converted as a teenager or in university (college)?

We have a lot of those in Australia. Cadaan people that converted as teenagers.
1. NOT SOMALI
2. DIFFERENT CULTURE
3. Ion like white boys
4. Non-muslim family
:liberaltears:
waraa what will I do if my kids can’t speak somali? I will jump off a cliff. I must avoid that shit

Xoxoxo

VIP
Sxb do you even read what you write at all ?

You were arguing with me that it's easier to change belief than behaviour, stating that an ciyaal suuq, self haters rarely change because according to you it's easier to change their belief than behaviour.

Now you go on ahead to claim that the foundation of behaviour is belief and if you change your belief you can change your behaviour. Do you realise your contradiction in these 2 statements of yours ?

If what determines change in behaviour is belief , how is it then possible to claim that it's easier to change your belief than your behaviour ? sxb you're all over the place contradicting yourself in almost every post you make. Instead of retracting your unislamic views and admitting you're were completely wrong you instead choose to engage in mental gymnastics

Since behaviours are dependent on belief according to you now, why in the world did you make an exception for the religious compatibility between a kafir and a muslim woman ? Like i stated before there's something very odd about your views and how you keep on jumping between islam and secular liberalism

If the islamic prohibition of kafir men pursuing any sort of relationship with muslim women doesn't matter to you, why do you then try to use islam to back up your claim of lineage compatibility being haram ?

You wouldn't entertain ciyaal suuq for your female relatives but will allow them to pursue relationships with kafir men in the hopes that they somehow convert to islam ?

May Allah guide you if you're indeed a muslim as what you espouse here in this thread can't be justified under any islamic reasoning at all.
Huh? He’s talking about a Hadith of the prophet pbuh. Where did the ciyaal suuq talk came from between you 2