All types of Ethiopians are enemies of Somalis

A lot of Somalis today are confused we are hating oromo people but supporting Amharas the thing is all types of Ethiopians are the same they all have the same interests let me give you an example during the 1900 when the country was ran by Amharas they wanted all Ethiopians united after Amhara rule was gone Tigray started ruling starting from 1990s during this time Tigray wanted Ethiopia United and Amhara and Oromo wanted freedom starting 2018 oromo started ruling now they want all Ethiopians United and today Amhara and Tigray want to leave and have their own country you notice a pattern the thing is all Ethiopians are the same they will scream free us when they aren’t ruling I know I explained this badly but I hope you guys get it

All Ethiopian groups want legitimacy and support and fight against the oppressive state for freedom or peace or whatever ethnocentric power-hungry nonsense they peddle. Once they got into power, they still held the same antagonism against Somalis by still carrying out neglect of the Somali region and pushing the same expansionary agendas that have existed since the times of their underhanded colonialism-inviting kings. This is a salient historical fact. To us, it does not matter who is in charge because they are still under the "Ethiopian" umbrella of historical adherence. They all are under this notion of Ethiopianism. We are not.

Anyone who claims Ethiopia was a bastion of anti-colonial freedom fighting can f*ck off. Those people were inviting all types of Europeans to take over all Muslim lands under the Christian pretense, and here are the quotes from horses' mouths:

Menelik:

Mv country is far distant from your country. My road to the coast, to Zeila, Tajura and Aden is at present closed by the Muslims. They prevent my receiving into my country provisions, arms, agricultural implements, artisans or even messengers of the Gospel. Will you kindly raise your powerful voice in order that I may have this way opened to me, for I desire to inaugurate in my country European civilisation, intelligence and arts.[2]

It is funny how similar to Israelis, today's Ethiopians talk a whole lot about the anti-colonial struggle when they actually went out of their way to invite colonialists if they could punish the Muslims or get their lands and resources.

Dejjazmach Sebagadis Weldu asking the British to colonize:

“We want you to take Massawa from the Turks and either hold it (yourself) or hand it over to us as our country is lost by it ... and the Muslim on the Red Sea coast.”

Notice the hold it yourself. Meaning, at least take it, even if we don't get to have it. These are the true faces of Ethiopians, yet somehow they flipped the historical narrative as if Ethiopia were always against colonialism in Africa.

Yohannes, a Tigray chieftain, asked an envoy general by the name of Gordon for territorial access to the sea:

“territorial, and not only functional, access to the sea.”

Again, using colonial channels to push their expansion toward the seas by letting colonialist give away land and resources to Ethiopians from the natives of the coast.

When the Europeans colonized Eritrea, Djibouti, Somaliland, and Somalia, Menelik was furious he had not been given access by the Europeans he invited to colonize in the first place:

"I am about to die from anger because I have remained without bringing one (new) skill, imprisoned (as I am) .... I am a man who has been sentenced to imprisonment for life and prevented from bringing into this country rifles, cannon and workers."

As I said in my historical synthesis on the salient sentiment by the Habash they had an extreme inferiority, a complex of not having a sea access, as if they had phantom pain from having their limb decapitated, when they in true historical observation, never really dominated the sea once, neither when they did have access, as that was predominantly Beja in their vicinity and Somali in our region. Still, the entitlement existed ever since, to areas that they never even had controlled in the first place.

I could go on and on, for example, how Menelik wanted to give Harar to Europeans for sea access.

How a Tigray king, Yohannes said this:

“I do not wish (to open) a counsel in Massawa – I wish Massawa itself.”

Expressively, the Ethiopian project of all its angles always sought control of the coast for their own gain at the direct detriment of the people they would take those accesses from, with no diplomatic intentions.

Yohannes further sent messages to the queen of Britain spieling the same intentions, saying he would want them to control the region instead of Muslims and would want them to give access. The guy fell off in support by the Europeans, and Italians armed Menelik to take him out, with the rest of the Tigray territorial spoils shared between the two.

Ethiopia today is celebrated as an anti-colonialist un-spoiled beacon when it was the most colonialist-inviting country in Africa. It's ridiculous hearing this pan-Africanist saying "Ethiopia was never conquered" when Ethiopia sent letters to invite colonialization and even suggested places to give favors to those colonialist European actors.

Menelik wrote this later:

If I cannot take Tajura by sea, it is not difficult for me to seize the port from this side (overland). However, without coming to blows, I hope that civilised Europe will render me justice and give satisfaction...

we hope that our crown which honours Jesus Christ will never be trampled to the ground by the children of Mohammed.”

“If truly you are the protectors of Christians, it is today that you must give us proof.”

That man did get considerable inland Somali territory and favors by the Europeans but they did not give him what he wanted, coastal territory.

In 1891, Menelik wrote this to Tzar Russia, Britain, Italians, Germans, and the Frenc:h

“Ethiopia has been for four centuries a Christian island in a sea of pagans.” Then he started lying by saying: “Formerly, the boundary of Ethiopia was the sea ... our frontiers on the sea coast fell into the power of the Muslims.”

Here is the concluding text of his intentions, underscoring the pro-colonial, and ambition for expansion for coastal control that rings true as something that has always taken place for whatever Ethiopian people that is in power:

"At present, we do not intend to regain our sea frontiers by force but we trust that the Christian powers guided by our Saviour, will restore to us our sea coast-line . .. at any rate, certain parts of it."

Notice the sentiment that the colonialist invasion was viewed by the Habash as a positive religious allyship.

Menelik wrote this on his deathbed:

“If God gives me strength, I shall re-establish the ancient frontiers (tributaries) of Ethiopia up to Khartoum and as far as Lake Nyanza with all the Gallas included."

After him came Hallie Sellasie, the liar and historical revisionist who said this in the UN Memorandum:

"Prior to the race of European powers to divide up the continent of Africa, Ethiopia included an extensive coastline along the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean. It was only the last 15 years of the 19th century that Ethiopia had been deprived of access to the sea by the loss of Somaliland and Eritrea. The first step in this direction was to seize Massawa by the Italians in 1885. This was followed by a similar seizure of the Benadir and the areas of Somaliland as well as a series of agreements concerning Ethiopia but in regard to which she had not been consulted. It was under these conditions that agreements were concluded in 1880, 1890,1891, 1894."

Here he is telling the world that colonialism was the thing that took away Ethiopians, in his assertion, rightful territory which now includes the entire sea coast of Horn of Africa, Eritrea, Djibouti, Somaliland, and Somalia -- all supposedly previous Ethiopian regions.

This Sellassie placed leaflets on the Royal Air Force of Britain and sent them down on the Italian colonies. It said:

"Eritrean people and the people of Benadir! You were separated from your mother Ethiopia and were put under the yoke of the enemy and under the yoke of the enemy, you still remain.

I have come to restore the independence of my country, including Eritrea and the Benadir whose people will henceforth dwell under the shade of the Ethiopian flag.

In this struggle, We are neither alone nor without arms. We have the help of Great Britain, therefore I summon you to strive to deliver yourselves from the alien slavery ...

Eritrean soldiers in the ranks of Italy, do not fire a single shot against the British who come to help us."

You can clearly see the revisionist attempts by Haille Sellassie and the propaganda he wanted to push. Pay attention to how again, the colonialists are used as an instrument to further the Ethiopanist's goal. To expand upon this, when the colonialists saw themselves exiting the region, Halie Sellassie told the Italians that Eritrea should be given to Ethiopia.

This was structured poorly, but I wanted to roughly write down the facts quickly.

Garaad diinle

 
All Ethiopian groups want legitimacy and support and fight against the oppressive state for freedom or peace or whatever ethnocentric power-hungry nonsense they peddle. Once they got into power, they still held the same antagonism against Somalis by still carrying out neglect of the Somali region and pushing the same expansionary agendas that have existed since the times of their underhanded colonialism-inviting kings. This is a salient historical fact. To us, it does not matter who is in charge because they are still under the "Ethiopian" umbrella of historical adherence. They all are under this notion of Ethiopianism. We are not.

Anyone who claims Ethiopia was a bastion of anti-colonial freedom fighting can f*ck off. Those people were inviting all types of Europeans to take over all Muslim lands under the Christian pretense, and here are the quotes from horses' mouths:

Menelik:

Mv country is far distant from your country. My road to the coast, to Zeila, Tajura and Aden is at present closed by the Muslims. They prevent my receiving into my country provisions, arms, agricultural implements, artisans or even messengers of the Gospel. Will you kindly raise your powerful voice in order that I may have this way opened to me, for I desire to inaugurate in my country European civilisation, intelligence and arts.[2]

It is funny how similar to Israelis, today's Ethiopians talk a whole lot about the anti-colonial struggle when they actually went out of their way to invite colonialists if they could punish the Muslims or get their lands and resources.

“We want you to take Massawa from the Turks and either hold it (yourself) or hand it over to us as our country is lost by it ... and the Muslim on the Red Sea coast.”

Notice the hold it yourself. Meaning, at least take it, even if we don't get to have it. These are the true faces of Ethiopians, yet somehow they flipped the historical narrative as if Ethiopia were always against colonialism in Africa.

Yohannes, a Tigray chieftain, asked an envoy general by the name of Gordon for territorial access to the sea:

Again, using colonial channels to push their expansion toward the seas by letting colonialist give away land and resources to Ethiopians from the natives of the coast.

When the Europeans colonized Eritrea, Djibouti, Somaliland, and Somalia, Menelik was furious he had not been given access by the Europeans he invited to colonize in the first place:

"I am about to die from anger because I have remained without bringing one (new) skill, imprisoned (as I am) .... I am a man who has been sentenced to imprisonment for life and prevented from bringing into this country rifles, cannon and workers."

As I said in my historical synthesis on the salient sentiment by the Habash they had an extreme inferiority, a complex of not having a sea access, as if they had phantom pain from having their limb decapitated, when they in true historical observation, never really dominated the sea once, neither when they did have access, as that was predominantly Beja in their vicinity and Somali in our region. Still, the entitlement existed ever since, to areas that they never even had controlled in the first place.

I could go on and on, for example, how Menelik wanted to give Harar to Europeans for sea access.

Expressively, the Ethiopian project of all its angles always sought control of the coast for their own gain at the direct detriment of the people they would take those accesses from, with no diplomatic intentions.

Yohannes further sent messages to the queen of Britain spieling the same intentions, saying he would want them to control the region instead of Muslims and would want them to give access. The guy fell off in support by the Europeans, and Italians armed Menelik to take him out, with the rest of the Tigray territorial spoils shared between the two.

Ethiopia today is celebrated as an anti-colonialist un-spoiled beacon when it was the most colonialist-inviting country in Africa. It's ridiculous hearing this pan-Africanist saying "Ethiopia was never conquered" when Ethiopia sent letters to invite colonialization and even suggested places to give favors to those colonialist European actors.

If I cannot take Tajura by sea, it is not difficult for me to seize the port from this side (overland). However, without coming to blows, I hope that civilised Europe will render me justice and give satisfaction...

we hope that our crown which honours Jesus Christ will never be trampled to the ground by the children of Mohammed.”

“If truly you are the protectors of Christians, it is today that you must give us proof.”

That man did get considerable inland Somali territory and favors by the Europeans but they did not give him what he wanted, coastal territory.

In 1891, Menelik wrote this to Tzar Russia, Britain, Italians, Germans, and the Frenc:h

“Ethiopia has been for four centuries a Christian island in a sea of pagans.” Then he started lying by saying: “Formerly, the boundary of Ethiopia was the sea ... our frontiers on the sea coast fell into the power of the Muslims.”

Here is the concluding text of his intentions, underscoring the pro-colonial, and ambition for expansion for coastal control that rings true as something that has always taken place for whatever Ethiopian people that is in power:

"At present, we do not intend to regain our sea frontiers by force but we trust that the Christian powers guided by our Saviour, will restore to us our sea coast-line . .. at any rate, certain parts of it."

Notice the sentiment that the colonialist invasion was viewed by the Habash as a positive religious allyship.

“If God gives me strength, I shall re-establish the ancient frontiers (tributaries) of Ethiopia up to Khartoum and as far as Lake Nyanza with all the Gallas included."

After him came Hallie Sellasie, the liar and historical revisionist who said this in the UN Memorandum:

"Prior to the race of European powers to divide up the continent of Africa, Ethiopia included an extensive coastline along the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean. It was only the last 15 years of the 19th century that Ethiopia had been deprived of access to the sea by the loss of Somaliland and Eritrea. The first step in this direction was to seize Massawa by the Italians in 1885. This was followed by a similar seizure of the Benadir and the areas of Somaliland as well as a series of agreements concerning Ethiopia but in regard to which she had not been consulted. It was under these conditions that agreements were concluded in 1880, 1890,1891, 1894."

Here he is telling the world that colonialism was the thing that took away Ethiopians, in his assertion, rightful territory which now includes the entire sea coast of Horn of Africa, Eritrea, Djibouti, Somaliland, and Somalia -- all supposedly previous Ethiopian regions.

This Sellassie placed leaflets on the Royal Air Force of Britain and sent them down on the Italian colonies. It said:

"Eritrean people and the people of Benadir! You were separated from your mother Ethiopia and were put under the yoke of the enemy and under the yoke of the enemy, you still remain.

I have come to restore the independence of my country, including Eritrea and the Benadir whose people will henceforth dwell under the shade of the Ethiopian flag.

In this struggle, We are neither alone nor without arms. We have the help of Great Britain, therefore I summon you to strive to deliver yourselves from the alien slavery ...

Eritrean soldiers in the ranks of Italy, do not fire a single shot against the British who come to help us."

You can clearly see the revisionist attempts by Haille Sellassie and the propaganda he wanted to push. Pay attention to how again, the colonialists are used as an instrument to further the Ethiopanist's goal. To expand upon this, when the colonialists saw themselves exiting the region, Halie Sellassie told the Italians that Eritrea should be given to Ethiopia.

This was structured poorly, but I wanted to roughly write down the facts quickly.
Dayum you really hit the nail on it's hit with this one. You almost quoted every single instant where they've cried or salivated over some coastlines. This seems to be history repeating itself i somewhat recognized some of the talking points in whats coming from the dictator regime in ethiopia.

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
Oromos and Afars are killing Somalis in Galbeed.
Maybe Hj people should pay attention to defending their land which harti attacked and burned three villages, instead of paying attention to some Somalis who have been fighting with the Oromo and Afar for hundreds of year

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Any one who says Afar Saho or other Muslims even from Kenya and other African countries “are a enemy “ are a enemy to us all. Africa is already a isolated island that suffers from stratification, persecution of weak , etc

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
@The alchemist, we can go back further in time, and see the same mentality from Dawit II, who was turned into an IDP by Imam Ahmed during the Futuh;

While we were at the town of Dara, Prester John sent us a map of the world, which we had brought to him four years ago, and which Diogo Lopez de Sequeira had sent him, with a message that if the letters on the map said what the countries were that we should put his letters at the foot of them that he might know what these countries were. We at once set to work, the friar who is going to Portugal and I, he wrote and I read, and beneath our writing he placed theirs. And because our Portugal is mixed with Castile in a small space, and Seville is very near Lisbon and near to Gorunna, I put Seville for Spain,¹ and Lisbon for Portugal, and Corunna for Gralieia. When the whole of the map was finished and nothing remained they took it away. The following day he sent to call the ambassador and all of us that were with him, and immediately in the first conversation he sent to say that the King of Portugal and the King of Castile were sovereigns of few lands, and that the King of Portugal would not be strong enough to defend the Red Sea from the power of the Turks and Rumys; and that it would be well if he was to write to the King of Spain that he should order a fortress to be built in Zeila, and the King of Portugal should order one to be built in Masua, and the King of France order one to be made in Suaquem; and all three, with the forces of the Prester, would be able to guard the Red Sea and take Jiddah and Mekkah and Cairo, and the holy house, and go through all the countries they chose.

The ambassador replied to this that His Highness was deceived or ill informed, and if any one had told him so, that be had not told him the truth; and that if he judged of it by looking at the map of the world, that he would not acquire a right knowledge of the countries, because Portugal and Spain are in the map of the world as things that are well known, and not as things requiring to be known: and that he should look in the map how the cities and castles and monasteries were, and also how Venice, Jerusalem, and Rome were, like things well-known and in small spaces, and let him look at his Ethiopia, how it was an unknown thing, very large and much spread out, full of mountains, and lions and elephants and many other animals, and also many mountain ridges, without the map showing any city, town, or castle; His Highness should know that the King of Portugal, by means of his captains, was powerful enough to defend and guard the Red Sea against all the power of the great Sultan and of the great Turk, and to make war upon them even to the holy house; and that he had made greater conquests in the parts of Africa with the King of Fez and Morocco, and many other kings, subjugating all the Indies and making all their kings his tributary subjects…

Narrative of the Portuguese Embassy to Abyssinia During the Years 1520-1527, by Francisco Alvarez. Cap. CXIV.

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Eritrean coast has never been predominantly Beja, always been mainly Tigre with some Saho, Tigrinya and Afar
Are you sure that Tigre or Tigrinya have any historical costal settlements

north coast is Rashaida Arab and south coast is afar

Are you sure that Tigre or Tigrinya have any historical costal settlements
Adulite culture is extremely similar to Axumite/highland Ethio Semitic culture, main difference is that it shows more Greek influence. Beja, Saho and Afars are all Cushites who don’t show the same South Arabian influence you see in Adulis, so it doesn’t make sense for the the Beja to have dominated to coast.

Also a 6th century Byzantine Christian who was travelling in Eritrea/Ethiopia described the tribes near Adulis as the “Tigretes”. He made no mention of Beja or any other folk.

Menelik:

Don’t forget haile selassie begging the United Nations aka the UK for Somalia
IMG_1405.jpeg

Islam over all, constant devolution for minute difference is degenerate
Yes, Muslims should stand by each other, and that value is something we all should carry regardless. But what you see in Ethiopia is Oromo Muslims and Christians killing Amhara Muslims. When it comes to land resources and power, people will do degenerate things, and it becomes a matter of survival. One cannot ignore the ethnic realities with the regional implications.

I read that Oromos that lived near Dir in Ethiopia, Dir that invited them to the lands and cities I have to emphasize, got their land seized by the Mengistu regime because, similar to all the Ethiopianist bias, that too was anti-Somali, giving a special favor of Oromos that used the state to take Somali farmlands and rich habitable zones. This shows that we have to remember these people are not us. Neither does the state structure conflate us either. Nor do those groups confuse us for them when they use the state to take our security, economic sustenance, and historical territory. It is all nice and dandy and kumbaya until you're further pushed to the margin toward insecurity and irrelevance.

A completely different regime did land relocation, reflecting the Derg period villagization over a decade ago, uprooting 500 thousand people in the Somali region. They have done demographic violence for decades.

An article from Human Rights Watch from 2012:
1706645021840.png

That policy was detrimental to pastoralists because it sent them toward villages without any further way of securing economic stability and no infrastructure so they could start living sedentary lives with predictable living conditions that presented net gain, as opposed to the lifestyle they had known for thousands of years. Instead of finding ways to help the pastoralists get better productivity or mix their economy with mixed agro-pastoralism, they gave them a false promise that led them to take on a life of worse poverty and insecurity, dependent on the state to fix the issues they created in the first place, making them less independent peoples. This is deliberate. The more Somalis rely on the state, the more legitimacy it will give the Ethiopian state, and the more poverty-stricken people also recognize the state as an authority.

For millennia, the Ethiopians struggled with the Somali region because pastoralism made them resilient toward structural domination, where the average Somali knew well how different they were from a highland peasant who historically never coincided with the lowland pastoralist.

I tell you all this because you cannot neglect what is being carried out on the ground, where Afar and Oromos are also used against us and have historically done so willingly by those same people. I have no issue with the average Oromo or Afar. Yet I will never be the fool who pretends nothing is going on when many massacres were carried out for those reasons.

Daydreamer

teetering in-between realities

Menelik:

Wow, when i was doing school in kenya, in history hailie selassie was considered a hero. I dont think ive been this pissed off reading something

Last edited:
Wow, when i was doing school in kenya, in history hailie selassie was considered a here. I dont think ive been this pissed off reading something
There are tons of historical revisionism on these characters in modern history as it was predominately told by people who favored the Ethiopianist objectives.

Daydreamer

teetering in-between realities
There are tons of historical revisionism on these characters in modern history as it was predominately told by people who favored the Ethiopianist objectives.
What can we do to combat this propaganda? what should the somalian government do about this

A lot of Somalis today are confused we are hating oromo people but supporting Amharas the thing is all types of Ethiopians are the same they all have the same interests let me give you an example during the 1900 when the country was ran by Amharas they wanted all Ethiopians united after Amhara rule was gone Tigray started ruling starting from 1990s during this time Tigray wanted Ethiopia United and Amhara and Oromo wanted freedom starting 2018 oromo started ruling now they want all Ethiopians United and today Amhara and Tigray want to leave and have their own country you notice a pattern the thing is all Ethiopians are the same they will scream free us when they aren’t ruling I know I explained this badly but I hope you guys get it
I have no problem with Ethiopian peoples, especially the diaspora since they are no different from us. The government can go f*ck itself however.

Trending

Latest posts