Age gaps and dating

If a Somali man who's in his mid 20s what is the youngest age should a Somali woman be for him to date her without any negativity. Likewise a Somali man who's early 30s what is the youngest age he should should go for when finding a Somali lady

NB - only regarding Western born Somalis

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
If a man who's in his mid 20s what is the youngest age should a woman be for him to date her without any negativity. Likewise a man who's early 30s what is the youngest age he should should go for when finding a lady
Nobody will bat an eye on this calculation.

If a man is under 22, he can go 18+
Mid 20s, he can go 20+
30s, he can go 23+

Nobody will bat an eye on this calculation.

If a man is under 22, he can go 18+
Mid 20s, he can go 20+
30s, he can go 23+

Does this apply to male and female Somalis born in the West? That's what I'm interested to know and the criteria I bet is way different for people born and bred in East Africa

If a Somali man who's in his mid 20s what is the youngest age should a Somali woman be for him to date her without any negativity. Likewise a Somali man who's early 30s what is the youngest age he should should go for when finding a Somali lady

I'd say 20 if youre mid 20s.
Early 30s should not go lower than mid 20s.

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
War dadyahoow dating iska ilaaliya

Angry Go Home GIF by Salman Khan Films

Apollo

VIP
Between 18-22 = max 4 years difference, and of course always above 16.
Between 23-28 = max 6 years difference
Over 28 = max 8 years difference

My take, I think the cap should be 8 years.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Does this apply to male and female Somalis born in the West? That's what I'm interested to know and the criteria I bet is way different for people born and bred in East Africa
Strictly in the West where alotta people are just young minded.

Those in Africa are not young minded, just young by age

Apollo

VIP
Strictly in the West where alotta people are just young minded.

Those in Africa are not young minded, just young by age

Young people in the West are more knowledgeable and have better skills. Somalis in Africa only had more social obligations from a younger age, but they know less shit about the world.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Young people in the West are more knowledgeable and have better skills. Somalis in Africa only had more social obligations from a younger age, but they know less shit about the world.
Responsibility is the norm over there while over here, it's a choice for the most part

Book knowledge can only take you so far. How many educated dummies have you seen?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Marry who you want if thry have the same goals/maturity as you and they are legal.

Don’t take advantage of anyone and don’t be taken advantage of. Keep it halal.
My cousin got married today, missed the wedding, and he’s 26 and she’s 27. They’ve been together for 6 years.
do whatever y’all want as long as it’s halal/legal.

Apollo

VIP
Responsibility is the norm over there while over here, it's a choice for the most part

Book knowledge can only take you so far. How many educated dummies have you seen?

Idk, I think book smarts trumps street smarts. Yeah, some 17 year old fob Xalimo from Somalia could have been responsible for her household since she was 13 or something raising her younger siblings, but that same Xalimo probably knows nothing about the world and is really intellectually underdeveloped/lacking in wisdom.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Idk, I think books smarts trumps streets smarts. Yeah, some 17 year old fob Xalimo from Somalia could have been responsible for her household since she was 13 or something raising her younger siblings, but that same Xalimo probably knows nothing about the world and is really intellectually underdeveloped/lacking in wisdom.
My fob cousins are 20+ and get treated like princesses. They’ve never done a chore in their life and like luxuriously. Then they have the audacity to ask me to send shit to them. Nacala

Apollo

VIP
My fob cousins are 20+ and get treated like princesses. They’ve never done a chore in their life and like luxuriously. Then they have the audacity to ask me to send shit to them. Nacala

😄 I am so glad I don't have any close fob relatives in Somalia anymore. The entire extended family on both sides moved abroad and got Western passports, the few still in Somalia are ex-Westerners who returned as retirees, for entrepreneurship, or temporary gigs.

I mostly ignore the distant fob relatives who beg for money. 🤭

There’s nothing wrong with marrying a girl who’s older than you by a lot or a girl who’s way younger than you by a lot, as long as you’re a suitable parter & it’s halal.

Idk, I think book smarts trumps street smarts. Yeah, some 17 year old fob Xalimo from Somalia could have been responsible for her household since she was 13 or something raising her younger siblings, but that same Xalimo probably knows nothing about the world and is really intellectually underdeveloped/lacking in wisdom.
Sometimes not even that since a lot of well off families back home have maids :manny:

Women marry older guys and consider it disgusting to marry a younger guy.

The young guy grows up to be 35+ old, and chooses to only get with young 20 year olds, ignoring Women in their late 20s and 30s.

and the cycle repeats.

People are concerned about age difference today because gen z (and some millennial) are very immature and become concerned about exploiting them.

But really anyone over 18 is an adult and there is no shame in dating them regardless of age-gap.