After 30 years of peace, Mogadishu still trumps Hargeisa

Cyrus

Arabist| Akh-Right Movement|احب الملكات العرب
The city state of Mogadishu which has been in war for 30 years, still surpasses Somaliland's cities which has been peaceful for 30 years

Whether it comes to roads, parks, airport, national library, theatre, architecture or even public landscaping. The city state of Mogadishu trumps Somaliland

Somalilanders should ask themselves some hard questions. Why is it our cities are so under developed after 30 years of peace?

Let's say machallah and realise we have a lot to learn from the resilient and business minded people of Mogadishu

Even in war, they are much more ambitious than us. They are better at International Relations. :whew:

I mean just look at the pristine view and epic skyline. The National theatre in the capital is actually pretty standard relative to Africa
6E93C520-C03B-485F-B2AB-CCC53B1E23DC.jpeg
296C94AC-B317-4C52-A5BB-7B48B66F6F3D.jpeg
5ED604F2-0241-4D73-87FE-494184FE6CF0.jpeg

Cyrus

Take a look at the bus stops in Xamar mashalalh:salute:
B2E7A727-164C-4DA1-8D94-2658C4B02F80.jpeg

Attachments

• A92117BA-6424-4946-865D-F5073D6AEAA0.jpeg
    A92117BA-6424-4946-865D-F5073D6AEAA0.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 81

Cyrus

Even the architectural design of the Mosques is splendid
5C5E0185-825B-4CFC-902A-077533C56D18.jpeg
FB4ECB57-32C1-44B9-BBCE-7229F71E18DF.jpeg
75F09845-FD43-457A-A28C-B8B746B6D7AC.jpeg
661EEC42-FBA5-4A64-9BDC-5169555DD64E.jpeg

Not sure if this Neo-Ottoman style mosque has been completed as of yet
03E8D0AF-BCC0-459E-9BDB-1337BC20A40F.jpeg

Cyrus

are you seriously flexing with a few buildings?:russ:

this is the remaining 95% of mogadishu rn:

View attachment 102027
View attachment 102029
Sxb I have no biases but I know even you don’t believe those pictures to be true right now. They are from 4 years ago.

Mogadishu has grown exponentially over the last couple of years and has made leaps and bounds whereas Hargeisa has stagnated. I wouldn’t put them in the same breath anymore.

Cyrus

One thing that I would like to see implemented is Greco-Roman style Arco texture for our buildings. I don’t like these ugly poorly painted LEGO blocks that have been popping all over the Somali peninsula.

3F540BC5-FA84-4B6F-88F9-464D17982BC6.jpeg

I need more buildings like these and also using Cobblestones instead of Tarmac for Alleyways and the City center

Al-Burcaawi

Milf hunter
VIP
Sxb I have no biases but I know even you don’t believe those pictures to be true right now. They are from 4 years ago.

Mogadishu has grown exponentially over the last couple of years and has made leaps and bounds whereas Hargeisa has stagnated. I wouldn’t put them in the same breath anymore.
look, i have nothing against mogadishu, but now is not the time to flex sxb when the biggest flex in somalia is having peace.

peace and stability is needed, especially if al-shabaab can just blow those buildings up

Cyrus

look, i have nothing against mogadishu, but now is not the time to flex sxb when the biggest flex in somalia is having peace.

peace and stability is needed, especially if al-shabaab can just blow those buildings up
Mogadishu has peace loool sporadic Alkebab bombings doesn’t change that. Paris and London have the same issue albeit not to the same fatality counts tbf.

Al-Burcaawi

Milf hunter
VIP
Mogadishu has peace loool sporadic Alkebab bombings doesn’t change that. Paris and London have the same issue albeit not to the same fatality counts tbf.
it does sxb.

businesses in london and paris aren't taxed by terrorist groups

seriously :farmajoyaab: mogadishu is the capital and gets a lot of funding. Second of All, people in hargaysa can walk around in the peace of their own city and don't worry about explosions or have to see ugandan men in uniform walking around. safety and freedom is more important than buildings is it not? please stop this embarrassing game of comparison. Its funny how you guys claim to buildhamar yourselves to put down others when the architecture of the city conveniently went from having a arab/persian influence to straight up italian up until the 80s and now claiming an obviously turkish mosque so you can put down other somalis.

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
seriously :farmajoyaab: mogadishu is the capital and gets a lot of funding. Second of All, people in hargaysa can walk around in the peace of their own city and don't worry about explosions or have to see ugandan men in uniform walking around. safety and freedom is more important than buildings is it not? please stop this embarrassing game of comparison. Its funny how you guys claim to buildhamar yourselves to put down others when the architecture of the city conveniently went from having a arab/persian influence to straight up italian up until the 80s and now claiming an obviously turkish mosque so you can put down other somalis.

You sound bitter. Say mashallah and keep it moving fam.

You sound bitter. Say mashallah and keep it moving fam.
He is not bitter.

You can compare any Gedo to SL and that will be fare analysis.

Xamar has been getting all the IC funds meant for Somalia since the time of Carta peace conference in Djibouti.

All funds go to Xamar while other regions have been neglected.

That is the reason why people prefer decentralisation.So that All regions develop evenly and their is no urban migration to Xamar where conflicts will simmer.

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
He is not bitter.

Xamar has been getting all the IC funds meant for Somalia since the time of Carta peace conference in Djibouti.

That is the reason why people prefer decentralisation.So that All regions develop evenly and their is no urban migration to Xamar where conflicts will simmer.

The debt relief is here. You are from Kenya. So I'll advocate for Jubbaland. Every mamul should do the same. The country will go thru a redevelopment phase. We'll see who "can't build" and other fake beliefs pushed by this site to make it seem other Somalis are not capable which isn't true.

He is not bitter.

*she

Trending